DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy Protection vs DJI Care

Reflexxx

Reactions
I purchase a Mavic 3 with the Best buy protection plan "https://www.bestbuy.com/site/totalt.../pcmcat1608643232014.c?id=pcmcat1608643232014"

It seems close (no fly away) in coverage but price point is suspect..

TotalTech care is $200/year and anything you buy from BB is automatically added to the protection plan. I buy everything from BB so saved money on frig, dishwasher and other warrenty so far.

Thoughts?

So Best buy protection plan charges you $99 for every repair claim. And it does not cover fly away (e.g., drone lost to the sea).

I would ditch both Best Buy and DJI's plan, and go for State Farm drone insurance. For $79/year, your Mavic 3 is covered for all damage scenario (including fly away) with zero deductible.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 52
So Best buy protection plan charges you $99 for every repair claim. And it does not cover fly away (e.g., drone lost to the sea).

I would ditch both Best Buy and DJI's plan, and go for State Farm drone insurance. For $79/year, your Mavic 3 is covered for all damage scenario (including fly away) with zero deductible.
I dont think drone lost in the sea is eligible for Fly away coverage

I dont think drone lost in the sea is eligible for Fly away coverage
I know for a fact it is covered in State Farm drone insurance. I spoke with one of their agent about the scenario, and got her confirmation.

I know for a fact it is covered in State Farm drone insurance. I spoke with one of their agent about the scenario, and got her confirmation.
I just received a check from State Farm for a lost at sea incident on a M2P.It's "all risk".Anything that renders your "property"inoperable is eligible for compensation.

Reactions: SkywalkerFeng
I just received a check from State Farm for a lost at sea incident on a M2P.It's "all risk".Anything that renders your "property"inoperable is eligible for compensation.
I read about the personal articles insurance and looks like it is tied to your home insurance as well and any claim shows up on your home insurance claims and could affect your home insurance prices for about 5 years

I read about the personal articles insurance and looks like it is tied to your home insurance as well and any claim shows up on your home insurance claims and could affect your home insurance prices for about 5 years
I spoke with State Farm agent about that before. This is only a concern, if you have your house and drone insured under the same policy. For me, my house is insured with another insurance company, while my drone is with State Farm. A drone crash doesn't affect my home insurance at all.

I spoke with State Farm agent about that before. This is only a concern, if you have your house and drone insured under the same policy. For me, my house is insured with another insurance company, while my drone is with State Farm. A drone crash doesn't affect my home insurance at all.
Just like when you claim on your car insurance and it affects everywhere you go, I read that it’s going to be the same. May be it’ll show up during renewal. Not sure how it is any different

Just like when you claim on your car insurance and it affects everywhere you go, I read that it’s going to be the same. May be it’ll show up during renewal. Not sure how it is any different
I have multiple items covered under State Farm's Personal Articles policy. I made one claim earlier this year. A few months later I received the renewal notice for my home insurance from a different company. The rate didn't change.

I have multiple items covered under State Farm's Personal Articles policy. I made one claim earlier this year. A few months later I received the renewal notice for my home insurance from a different company. The rate didn't change.
Nice! At this point it just sounds too good to be true for me lol. Are there any caveats at all? I am not sure why anyone would take the DJI Care compared to how inexpensive this insurance is

Also just curious. I also heard that sometimes after your claim, they might reject the renewal of the policy. Did anything like that happen or how much did your personal articles premium go up after the claim?

I can,t get state farm becuase i didn,t buy when i purchased drone actually didn,t know about it then and i didn,t get the dji care becuase I fly with litchi and dji likes reminding me of that when there is trouble anybody purchasing a new drone call state farm nothing but good is all I,ve heard

Reactions: tlswift58
I can,t get state farm becuase i didn,t buy when i purchased drone actually didn,t know about it then and i didn,t get the dji care becuase I fly with litchi and dji likes reminding me of that when there is trouble anybody purchasing a new drone call state farm nothing but good is all I,ve heard
What do you mean? Are you saying that the state farm insurance should be purchased when buying the drone? My drone is delivering today and I still havent bought either. Still evaluating

What do you mean? Are you saying that the state farm insurance should be purchased when buying the drone? My drone is delivering today and I still havent bought either. Still evaluating

That is simply not true. State Farm doesn't care if your drone was purchased today, or 3 years ago, as long as you show them the proof of purchase and the price.

If you don't have State Farm for homeowners - how can they attach it. Would be a separate and lone policy for me and others who have homeowners elsewhere. My homeowners with extra protection rider with USAA will not cover a drone. Covers my DSLR's, jewelry, etc and is kind of pricey for the coverage.

Also just curious. I also heard that sometimes after your claim, they might reject the renewal of the policy. Did anything like that happen or how much did your personal articles premium go up after the claim?

This should be common sense now, but still worth repeating - be a responsible pilot, don't crash your drone multiple times a year, and you should't need to worry about a premium increase, or being rejected for the next policy renewal. If you had too many car accidents in a row, your next auto insurance renewal will also likely be denied.

Reactions: tlswift58
$ for $ and overall coverage - State Farm does seem to be a better choice at this time. You'll need to check locally to see what their price is; but just not having to deal with DJI would close the deal for me on SF.

With the M3, it may be higher due to overall price of M3 package, but DJI's refresh / care did also go up quite a bit as well.

That is simply not true. State Farm doesn't care if your drone was purchased today, or 3 years ago, as long as you show them the proof of purchase and the price.
No kidding thats not what an agent told me or I would already have I,ll check into that thanks sir

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky