DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CieloImaging

Reactions
Hi all. When I bought my Mini 3 Pro almost a year ago at Best Buy with the Fly More Combo Plus, I also added the Best Buy TotalTech protection plan and it has been great (my first M3P had a power defect and they literally grabbed a new one from the shelf and exchanged it for the defective one). Now, my M3P is having issues wherein, as I roll to the left or to the right, it sometimes lags before it performs the movement and at times it will suddenly jerk super fast in the direction I want it to move towards after initially lagging/being stuck -- that made for at least one close call. This lag or getting stuck also happened at least once as I was flying back towards my Home point towards the end of one of my missions. Anyone else had something similar happen?
I went to Best Buy yesterday and they told me that I would get a gift card with the full value of what I originally paid for my M3P and RC, which I can use towards anything (the Fly More Combo was charged as a separate item and I plan to keep the original one I bought). I told them that I wanted to go home and copy my flight logs and other info from the RC before returning my M3P and they told me it was not a problem and that I have a couple of days to exchange it for a new M3P with RC as it'll still be under DJI warranty (although TotalTech covers any drone for two years, but there may be an $80 fee after the 1st year). The thing is that they have several Mini 4 Pros in stock, but they don't have M3Ps in stock at the moment and they told me that it would be about 5-7 days if I want a new M3P shipped to the store at no added cost to me.
I've watched several videos comparing both drones and I've read reviews and there are things that would be beneficial regarding the M4P, but also the following drawbacks: the difference between the deal I got when I bought the M3P vs the M4P is about $300; the landing gear and filters I bought for the M3P are not compatible with the M4P; and I'm likely to buy an Air 2S (not an Air 3 as it doesn't come with certain attributes I need for my business) and the new RC2 is not compatible with the Air 2s. I know the M4P has some great new features, such as highly customizable Waypoints, that would be great to have for my business needs as well as improved photo/4K slow mo capabilities and D-LOG M and HLG, which are superior to what my M3P has. The M3P has been wonderful and has performed wonderfully up until this issue and I want your opinions, if you'd be so kind so I can take the next step at Best Buy today or tomorrow. Thanks ahead of time.

Last edited:
The way you described it sounds like you cannot really make full use of the Mini 4 Pro so it seems obvious to me you would want to replace it with another Mini 3 Pro.

First question that popped into my head reading your description of the disparity between stick movement and drone response was....... Have you ever done a controller/stick calibration?
This calibration screen gives you a graphic representation of command stick response to physical movement.

Reactions: CieloImaging
First question that popped into my head reading your description of the disparity between stick movement and drone response was....... Have you ever done a controller/stick calibration?
This calibration screen gives you a graphic representation of command stick response to physical movement.
Thanks for this info! I bought the Mini 4 Pro last night, but I don’t think that I’d done that specific calibration on the M3P. I’ll keep that in mind and look into it— especially should the M4P start to have similar issues.

The way you described it sounds like you cannot really make full use of the Mini 4 Pro so it seems obvious to me you would want to replace it with another Mini 3 Pro.
I’m not exactly sure what I may have written that gave an impression that I couldn’t make full use of the new M4P I got yesterday, but so far I’ve flown it twice and it’s working great.
I’ll be selling my M3P’s filters and landing gear (the M4P comes with built-in front landing gear) and buying new filters. I’ll also likely invest in the RC Pro since I need SDK capabilities for the Air 2s for my business.

Last edited:
I’m not exactly sure what I may have written that gave an impression that I couldn’t make full use of the new M4P I got yesterday, but so far I’ve flown it twice and it’s working great.
I’ll be selling my M3P’s filters and landing gear (the M4P comes with built-in front landing gear) and buying new filters. I’ll also likely invest in the RC Pro since I need SDK capabilities for the Air 2s for my business.
Was thinking that not all the Mini 3 accessories will work with the Mini 4 and the RC Pro won't work with the Mini 4 either. However, if all of your drone are "standalone" the Mini 4 is obviously a better drone than the Mini 3.....

Reactions: CieloImaging
Was thinking that not all the Mini 3 accessories will work with the Mini 4 and the RC Pro won't work with the Mini 4 either. However, if all of your drone are "standalone" the Mini 4 is obviously a better drone than the Mini 3.....
Gotcha. You’re right that a few items are not compatible with the M4P. When I returned my M3P for the issue it was having, I also had to return its RC, since they came together when I bought them.

I weighed everything and thought that it was still worth getting the M4P, as I’d still have to get the more robust RC Pro or use a separate smart phone to benefit from SDK and 3rd party automation apps with the Air 2s in the near future.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne