DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 new firmware update

So sorry you guys are having problems just wanted to ask at this point was it worth buying the latest Mavic something told me don’t do it I guess my gut I read so many negative post I guess my main question it’s all about the camera and battery life why anyone would want the latest I just remember back when everybody was talking about the Mavic 3,As we all remember a lot of people were wondering if they were ever going to come out with it just wanted to know a few people’s thoughts when they go out to fly either latest newest Drone was it worth it???
I'll take the bait on this one. Yes, I had a very happy relationship with my Mavic 2 Pro and still own it and love it. When I got the chance to test fly the Mavic 3 in Tallahassee with Zeusfl, I was truly astounded by the marked clarity of the images and videos. I ordered my own. I have had minimal time to practice with it and I updated the firmware today. It produces wonderful images and I got the GPS fairly quickly after that so I am happy with it so far.

Dale
Miami

So sorry you guys are having problems just wanted to ask at this point was it worth buying the latest Mavic something told me don’t do it I guess my gut I read so many negative post I guess my main question it’s all about the camera and battery life why anyone would want the latest I just remember back when everybody was talking about the Mavic 3,As we all remember a lot of people were wondering if they were ever going to come out with it just wanted to know a few people’s thoughts when they go out to fly either latest newest Drone was it worth it???
I've had my M2P since 2019 and it has always delivered. I did NOT have a legitimate reason to upgrade to the M3 other than the latest technology and image quality. When the M3 specs were revealed I knew I was all in on it.

Even with the GNSS issues (which I have been very vocal here about it); I still figured it would work because its DJI. But I must tell you; when I saw the first video images from the 4/3 sensor I was floored. I was not ready for that level of quality at 5.1k viewed on a 4K monitor. I'm sorry but I do not have the education or vocabulary to articulate the beauty of that image. Simply stunning!

So for me (with less than 2 minutes GPS lock), I do not regret it. The other positive (few even mention) is the battery life. I am up there (seemingly) all freaking day flying around. I have an Air2s (bought as a bundle with the M3) and it has barely made it out of the box.

Reactions: TonyPHX
Using an M3C and RC Pro, GPS lock time is now worse (2 minutes more) after the "upgrades": 3m50s to get home point.

Update: Might just be coincidental, but I refreshed the M3C and RC Pro's firmware and got quick GPS lock indoors. Outdoors, locked in about 15 seconds.
Not sure what you're saying. How does one REFRESH firmware? What exactly do we need to do?

I used the refresh option when connected through DJI Assistant 2.
Thanks. I didn't see a refresh option on my RCPro. And can't use DJI Assistant 2 as it hasn't been updated for Apple M1 Macs, unfortunately. Does anyone know if there are any other ways to refresh?

Mines has improved from 12 mins to 7mins in back garden. Same place I’ve flown p3p p4 mpro, m2p, all got home point under 2 mins

For me it has been totally worth it. I love my new Mavic 3 despite the shortfalls. I really get 35 minutes of flight time with these batteries. I don't think I ever waited more than 3 minutes for a satellite lock, which, with so much flight time, was not a showstopper. I just bought the 1200 nit TriplTek 8" Pro tablet for this since I need the brightness and want to be sure I can load Litchi when it becomes available. For me, I don't need the 800 nit Pro controller or the expensive carry bag.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I thought I saw/read that there was supposed to be another new firmware update after v01.00.0600 (GPS related again) for the M3 within 2 weeks but that was roughly 2 weeks ago. Can anyone confirm this or am I just going crazy lol?

thanks!

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
something odd about human nature makes us more apt to complain than compliment. There are, no doubt, frustrations for people but also, no doubt, the battery life and general abilities of the camera make it a top notch drone in many aspects. I have frustrations but I would buy it again in a heartbeat as I bet 90% of Mav3 owners. That said, the 2s is also a wonderful drone at a much more reasonable price. The difference in price meant nothing to me but I will admit that penny for penny the 2s is a better drone for the money. The difference in battery life and the crippled but still somewhat useful 7x fixed focal lens make the Mav3 worth the difference. For somebody on a budget I would suggest the 2s but if you can afford it the Mav3 is, IMHO, very much worth it.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I thought I saw/read that there was supposed to be another new firmware update after v01.00.0600 (GPS related again) for the M3 within 2 weeks but that was roughly 2 weeks ago. Can anyone confirm this or am I just going crazy lol?

thanks!
Yes, its still in beta testing (0620) that fixes the GPS and Airsense . . . a few guys here are testing it.

Ok great! Thank you for your reply and confirmation, I appreciate it. 😁
Suren actually gave an update on this thread . . .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User