DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 new SD card system

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
One of the most frustrating parts of using the Drone is having to take the SD card out and in. Its never been easy and sometimes has been frustrating .
With gloves near impossible or low light.

Im going to handle the Mavic 3 by leaving the SD card in and using the Cable only , that way it will seem more like the Personality of the 5K cine Drone. 🤪

Im making a spot now where the drone will be able to sit as it docks on my Desk Station .

Its a habit that I will need to practice. and I will be much more likely not to forget that SD card , oh that will be nice.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 In the Rain. , Capture the Storm coming soon.

Last edited:
One of the most frustrating parts of using the Drone is having to take the SD card out and in. Its never been easy and sometimes has been frustrating .

Im going to handle the Mavic 3 by leaving the SD card in and using the Cable only , that way it will seem more like the Personality of the 5K cine Drone. 🤪

Im making a spot now where the drone will be able to sit as it docks on my Desk Station .

Its a habit that I will need to practice. and I will be much more likely not to forget that SD card , oh that will be nice.

Phantomrain.org
Wow, never had much of an issue with Air2 in taking out or putting in the SD card. I do agree it's something of pain if the legs are folded in getting the card out and not putting the rubber cover back in place. Guess I've just grown use to the routine. Having more cables laying around and such would be another issue for me, as I have too many already - drone, phone, Pocket2, tablet, etc.

Wow, never had much of an issue with Air2 in taking out or putting in the SD card. I do agree it's something of pain if the legs are folded in getting the card out and not putting the rubber cover back in place. Guess I've just grown use to the routine. Having more cables laying around and such would be another issue for me, as I have too many already - drone, phone, Pocket2, tablet, etc.
I do hate the extra cables but the Cable that comes with the Mavic 3 is a Rope , so that is why I think it work better as you cannot miss it , or mistake it for another one.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Droniac
Yes I bought Two of them, one from DJI and Amazon, my thing is to buy two of everything , for reasons untold. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Capture the Storm and land on the Water.
Wooow, we have to meet up so that I can see it and touch it! Come and fly Lakewood park with me sometime. I'm free in the day in case you might be too.

Yes I bought Two of them, one from DJI and Amazon, my thing is to buy two of everything , for reasons untold. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Capture the Storm and land on the Water.
Glad that the money from sales goes to a good cause.. lol. Just got word from Dji that my replacement shipped.. might get at same time as rain gear..

Eh, admittingly having lost a SD card (its in the kitchen SOMEWHERE) this is tempting.. I just really hate having to drag the drone upstairs to my office AND turn it on to get media off of it...

I HATE losing SD cards. Yet I still manage to do it. A LOT. I have readers, card holders, Key chains with readers, micro readers, I leave them in my pocket, on park benches, on the porch railing, the washing machine, in computers, drones, controllers, I have sent gear back with them, phones with them... Sense a pattern here? I buy large ones to have less handling, but then just lose more expensive cards. I'm a bit absent minded. Anyway I had a question. I know I did... OH YEAH... So will a 1 or 2TB work in the M3? I've had cards larger larger than specs state work just fine sometimes, and DJI has a 512 tested on the M3. I'm thinking 2 512 Mb's or one SanDisk Extreme 1 TB

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I HATE losing SD cards. Yet I still manage to do it. A LOT. I have readers, card holders, Key chains with readers, micro readers, I leave them in my pocket, on park benches, on the porch railing, the washing machine, in computers, drones, controllers, I have sent gear back with them, phones with them... Sense a pattern here? I buy large ones to have less handling, but then just lose more expensive cards. I'm a bit absent minded. Anyway I had a question. I know I did... OH YEAH... So will a 1 or 2TB work in the M3? I've had cards larger larger than specs state work just fine sometimes, and DJI has a 512 tested on the M3. I'm thinking 2 512 Mb's or one SanDisk Extreme 1 TB
I'm also keen to use a 1TB card (SanDisk Extreme Pro V30, U3, C10, UHS-I) in my Mavic 3. Dji recommends the 512 version of this card, but I'm keen to know if anyone has tried with a larger card. Dji said they think it should be compatible.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
You want to use the bigger, more expensive card that you have a pretty good chance of losing? You might think about getting the less expensive multipacks of a smaller size…like 128 or 256.

Today, I myself just put in a nice 512GB Samsung Pro in today…but it isn’t likely to see daylight for a long time.

I’m used to the Computer BIOS limited memory size…normally that is a hard limit.

My dislike for the SD card slot continues to grow as I find my myself fumbling just to place the card in the slot. let alone having to take it out. ugh

That 1 TB Card sounds like a great idea and just to plug in the drone.
I'm making that move before I break the sd card or the slot .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain.

My dislike for the SD card slot continues to grow as I find my myself fumbling just to place the card in the slot. let alone having to take it out. ugh

That 1 TB Card sounds like a great idea and just to plug in the drone.
I'm making that move before I break the sd card or the slot .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain.
My only problem is turning on the drone to read from the card. I need to take the cover out completely before I turn on the drone to not overload the gimbal

I wish there was an option to passively turn ON just to get the data out, especially people Cine might need this

Reactions: bonzo

Phantomrain.org

This issue with removing the SD is easily solved. Just remove the Mavic 3 battery and access to the SD card is a breeze.

The battery removal is one I heard about early. Better still, can we get the IPV6 wireless transfer @80mb/sec? Anything to reduce wear on the card & slot. And a modification to DJI Fly/RC Pro that let's us ACCESS THE SD card in the app vs, being just portable storage that we cannot download to, edit from, or even access from DJI's app? Sometimes people want to do stuff besides the years old, "put the card in a reader and transfer files to PC"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis