DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 on latest software still taking 10 mins to get sat lock

Craig Notts

Reactions
Hi all, I just bought my Mavic 3 and I had already heard about the GPS issue but thought this had been fixed with the latest software update . Mine still took about 10 minutes and still didn't have a strong lock . Only had chance to try once this morning so far. Is this issue still going on

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Hi all, I just bought my Mavic 3 and I had already heard about the GPS issue but thought this had been fixed with the latest software update . Mine still took about 10 minutes and still didn't have a strong lock . Only had chance to try once this morning so far. Is this issue still going on
Hi Craig. The fabled GPS update and fix is still upcoming. Expected toward the end of the month.... from the couple of people that have a Beta copy it should put things right and then we can get back to complaining about the other things that need to be improved on the Mavic 3

Enjoy your new M3, they are impressive overall.

If you get it in the air 10-20 feet that seems to help speed things up.

In my area (Central Europe) mavic 3 updated model with oval tele lens, catching enough satellites takes about 2 minutes after turning on the device in an open space. When I fly into the air immediately after switching on, the time is noticeably shorter.
Software version without gps fix.

This method does help but make sure you don't do anything more than gain some height until the home point locks..... otherwise you can get a nasty surprise if RTH is initiated.

Hi Craig. The fabled GPS update and fix is still upcoming. Expected toward the end of the month.... from the couple of people that have a Beta copy it should put things right and then we can get back to complaining about the other things that need to be improved on the Mavic 3

Enjoy your new M3, they are impressive overall.
How does one get on the beta?

How does one get on the beta?
Its not available publicly.... a few people have managed to wrangle a copy. I honestly wouldn't go out of your way to try and get it. There are likely to be further improvements in the final version and we may be within a week or two of receiving the update anyway.

The home point doesn't have any altitude recorded, just lat and long.
Thanks for the correction! Good to know! I wasn't sure about that. No downside at all to elevating to 96’ then, except for the higher battery consumption while hovering with the motors armed, but the time savings should make up for that.

So the elevation zero point is strictly barometrically set. Is there a warm up time necessary for that to be more accurately set, too? Does its accuracy survive a reboot, too? I know it gets reset each time the motors are rearmed, which can be used for mountain climbing higher than 500m, if you can still maintain a connection somewhere on the ground, 500m above your original launch point.

Last edited:
Here is the post (regarding GPS Fix coming) if you are interested in reading it . . . Our Mavic 3 long GPS wait is over- well for me it is

Reactions: Craig Notts
I've noticed the same thing. A bit scary of a proposition as it could fly away but I've successfully done this about 5 times or so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom