DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 pro distance in uk?

Hi I’m just wondering if the mavic 3 pro suffers from the issue of CE signal strength here in the uk the same way as the mini 3 pro? Or does the mavic somehow run on FCC?
How far do some of you get with your mavic 3 pros?
According to DJI and other threads on the issue, DJI drones use CE regulations for signal strength in the UK. Apparently, the drone uses its GPS location to determine which regulatory agency to fly under.

Reactions: stooge75
Because of the vagaries of radio transmission control-range varies from place to place, no one can say what you will get in a given location. It also depends on how accurately you aim the controller or, if relevant, its antennae at the drone and in some instance the drone's direction.
I would have thought you have already been told this.
In fact range may, for any given model, vary from one controller/drone combination to another. I have seen a CE spec Mavic Mini reach specified range +20% and the pilot's nerve went not the signal. Their battery was getting 'low' and it would have been a long swim and deep water to retrieve the drone.

Last edited:
Any figures on distance?
DJI specs the 3S at 8 km under CE regs. FCC specs are 15 km. So that's quite a range hit for the UK and EU and other countries. And those are ideal conditions that would be hard to match in the real world.
I can't imagine the butt clenching test that would require the drone to fly 8 km out and back - 16 km on one battery.
I'm sure there are plenty of "range" tests on Youtube that you could scope out.

DJI specs the 3S at 8 km under CE regs. FCC specs are 15 km. So that's quite a range hit for the UK and EU and other countries. And those are ideal conditions that would be hard to match in the real world.
I can't imagine the butt clenching test that would require the drone to fly 8 km out and back - 16 km on one battery.
I'm sure there are plenty of "range" tests on Youtube that you could scope out.
As long as you are still receiving the FPV on your screen and in full control of the drone, why would the distance away cause any butt clenching? The only real anxiety that ever occurs is from loss of signal, and even then, only when it continues for more than a minute, as even at the limits of the control signal, the lost signal RTH will quickly restore signal once the drone is back within signal range, in well less than a minute.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
As long as you are still receiving the FPV on your screen and in full control of the drone, why would the distance away cause any butt clenching? The only real anxiety that ever occurs is from loss of signal, and even then, only when it continues for more than a minute, as even at the limits of the control signal, the lost signal RTH will quickly restore signal once the drone is back within signal range, in well less than a minute.
Haha - not loss of signal - running out of battery.

Haha - not loss of signal - running out of battery.
Got it! Range anxiety! However, using a realistic Mavic 3 Pro flight time of 30 minutes on a 100% battery, at 30mph in Normal mode, that's 15mph round trip, or 24km total, so 12km is the realistic out-leg that will still make it back. So, at 8 km away, when you turn around because of the CE signal limit, you'll still have 66% battery left to cover any unexpected headwind for the return flight, and will likely still land with more than 30% remaining battery. No need for range anxiety at 8km away under CE limits.

However, the FCC guys need to turn around before 12km, or preplan a reachable and safe ditch landing spot, somewhere along the return flight! LOL!

Reactions: GrimtheViking
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_