DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro & Goggles 2 & Motion Controller 2, Works!

Dogpilot

Reactions
The Mavic 3 Pro does indeed connect up with the Goggles 2 and the Motion Controller 2. While it is still a very sad implementation is the need to keep your phone connected for remote ID. I had hoped that was isolated to the Mini 3 Pro, alas, not so. You still have to have a jungle vine like collection of cables running down the side of your head to hook up to the phone and the battery. Having the battery on the strap, which works quite well and is rather a lot more comfortable than having it on your belt, is pointless if you also have to have your phone in a pocket as well, tethered to the Goggles 2. It would be super if DJI implemented a firmware update that fixes this by linking to the phone wirelessly or something. It is a bit of a kludge at this point. I would go fly it to test it out, but it is over 33°. So combined with my high altitude setting, 2200 meters makes the flight conditions marginal at best.

I was hoping to include a screenshot, but alas, the goggles do not seem to support that, but...since you have to have your phone tethered 24/7 to the goggles with the latest firmware due to Remote ID. The phone can do a screenshot. So to illustrate that the goggles do indeed support the Mavic 3 Pro, you can see it selected in the menu.

So how do you make it work:

1 Ensure you have the latest firmware (on everything)
2 Turn on the Mavic 3 Pro
3 Turn on the Goggles 2
4 Turn on the Motion Controller 2
5 Press the power button on the Mavic 3 Pro until it makes kind of a beed and the props jump
6 Press the link button between your eyes inside the goggles until they start beeping
7 The two should be no more than a meter apart
8 They connect
9 Press the power button on the Motion Controller 2 and hold until it starts beeping
10 Press and hold the power button on the Mavic 3 Pro until it beeps
11 they stop beeping when linked
12 Hook up a phone to the USB-C port on the Goggles 2, with DJI Fly running

You're set to go. You can bind it to your account and this controller setup and bind it back to whatever controller you normally use by linking the two again and letting them bind.

So kind of a PIA procedure, but less steps than most of my actions in the cockpit of my aircraft, which just to taxi, there are 72 items.
IMG_7208.jpg

Now if you want to use an RC controller instead watch this vid:
Mini 3 Pro & Goggles + RC Controller

That may work for you but I need the wider field of view and not having built in diopter adjustment makes them a non-start. I use the goggles for rock wall inspections, so a very clear focused view is important for me. I have to be able to see small features fluorescing with the illumination I use. The remote ID will be fixed via wireless connection.

Reactions: halifax
That may work for you but I need the wider field of view and not having built in diopter adjustment makes them a non-start. I use the goggles for rock wall inspections, so a very clear focused view is important for me. I have to be able to see small features fluorescing with the illumination I use. The remote ID will be fixed via wireless connection.
Unfortunately I think DJI made their one-time fix to make Goggles 2 compatible with compliant RID drones. It was that or cross them off the list. Not ideal but I'm not seeing any other way other than a cable and phone (never seen a wireless solution of any sort to date). Since Integra seems to be a retrofit, my guess is Goggles 3 will be most suitable and we just might see those with FPV2 at the rate in which DJI is moving at light speed these days.

Actually wireless implementation works and has for a couple of years now. I had it working on my early ADS-B system in my aircraft when most of our options were stand alone boxes. Even now my GTX-345R talks to all my devices via Bluetooth, providing traffic info from my Aera, iPad and even the phone. It started out. 2 years ago with the phone or pad pushing gps into the gdl-39. It is just software, the hardware is there.

Reactions: Touring497
The Integra goggles come with 20 pairs of lenses that can be attached... if buying the avatar explorer latest pack.. or separately
Click this youtube

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne