DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro motors shutting down at idle after running several minutes indoors.

I've never seen an "inactivity warning" on my RC Pro. Can you screenshot an example on your controller?
Its the beeping sound you get when you haven't touched any control for awhile. All DJI RC'S do it.

Reactions: Markptate1962
Ok my results:
Inside air temp 24 C
Idle time 20 minutes
Aircraft start temp 26.4 C (after fully charging)
Aircraft end temp 35.1 C
Battery start 100%
Battery end 85%
At no point did I touch a stick as to not reset any timer in the aircraft.
Props never shut down and I received no messages at all regarding anything.
No issues here....

Its the beeping sound you get when you haven't touched any control for awhile. All DJI RC'S do it.
In the two years that I've had the RC Pro - I have not once heard that beeping sound for inactivity. Not while my 2S or my 3Pro was idling.

In the two years that I've had the RC Pro - I have not once heard that beeping sound for inactivity. Not while my 2S or my 3Pro was idling.
Turn your remote on and just leave it, youll hear it eventually lol. Mine did it again just today when I first powered it on to check for updates (which it had) and i forgot it was on an updating while my Mavic Classic was charging and it told me lol

Turn your remote on and just leave it, youll hear it eventually lol
Ha!! I had my controller on the entire time (16 plus minutes) that the 3Pro was idling. Perhaps I have a setting that has it turned off. 😎

It takes awhile. All my remotes do it. There is no setting to disable it.
Well - in the 16+ minutes I ran the 3Pro it never once beeped. Things that make you go hmmm. 🤔

Well - in the 16+ minutes I ran the 3Pro it never once beeped. Things that make you go hmmm. 🤔
Trust me, turn your rc on and just forget about it, it will let you know its on eventually 😎 i first discovered this with my Phantom 2 when I was trying to revive a toast battery, letting the aircraft idle to cycle the battery slowly, every so often the RC would start beeping until I moved a stick to shut it up. My Phantom 3 RC's did the same and so do all my RC'S now.

Trust me, turn your rc on and just forget about it, it will let you know its on eventually 😎
I'll give it a try. Back in 30 minutes..lol.

The motors spin a fairly high rpm consequently the individual prop blades are balanced. Updating etc.should not affect balance.
Minor nicks and chips on one blade can introduce significant centripetal imbalance in that prop, the further away the chip is from the motor's centre the great the imbalance.
Yeah, I'm sure that a nicked blade would create an imbalance, no doubt more pronounced and noticeable at high revolutions rather than at idle. I'd also imagine that a visual pre-flight inspection would reveal a nicked blade and potential imbalance. Running a craft at idle for a protracted period thus seems like an inefficient way to determine if a propellor is out of balance. Perhaps because I haven't been flying a drone for long and lack experience, I haven't trashed a prop in flight or upon landing, and I've never felt the need to give the craft any more than a cursory inspection before sending it aloft. If there were a significant imbalance, wouldn't I recognize it immediately upon takeoff?

Yeah, I'm sure that a nicked blade would create an imbalance, no doubt more pronounced and noticeable at high revolutions rather than at idle. I'd also imagine that a visual pre-flight inspection would reveal a nicked blade and potential imbalance. Running a craft at idle for a protracted period thus seems like an inefficient way to determine if a propellor is out of balance. Perhaps because I haven't been flying a drone for long and lack experience, I haven't trashed a prop in flight or upon landing, and I've never felt the need to give the craft any more than a cursory inspection before sending it aloft. If there were a significant imbalance, wouldn't I recognize it immediately upon takeoff?
With regards to what represents a significant/dangerous imbalance, that is open to interpretation.
Certainly a large junk missing from one blade may produce visible vibration in the arm and or the drone but small missing bits that produce no visible vibrate and can possibly still do damage through fatigue and possibly bearing wear, such vibration might also cause screws to work loose.

With regards to a "cursory inspection", when checking prop blades I slide them between lightly pinched together finger tips and apply a slight twist and bending.

Remember, you should be checking for cracks as well as dents and missing junks and damage is not limited to the blade's leading edge, I have found cracks in trailing edges too. Not only that but prop hubs have occasionally be known to fail.
Crack edges can mate so perfectly that the crack is invisible unless the light just happens to catch the crack correctly.

Flexing a blade stands a chance of opening the crack and making it visible.

Maybe the update wasn't quite finished and you thought it was, and it did a final reboot? Just trying to think of how this might have occurred, and then not be reproducible by you.

Maybe the update wasn't quite finished and you thought it was, and it did a final reboot? Just trying to think of how this might have occurred, and then not be reproducible by you.
I didn't think of that as a possibility. Thanks. I have not been able to duplicate the issue since - but it sure was prevalent on the day of. Thanks for your input.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mamabear007