DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 pro sensor errors - stopping me from using waypoints effectively for my documentary

charliebicks

Reactions
I keep getting random sensor errors even though there is nothing close to the drone. One of the sensors is smashed, so I suppose that is where it is giving a false reading. I'm happy to turn the sensors off, but when using waypoints the drone will not fly its course - saying instead there is an obstacle. Any idea how I may be able to remedy this, rather than replace the smashed broken sensor?

I have a mavic 3 pro.

Thanks

I keep getting random sensor errors even though there is nothing close to the drone. One of the sensors is smashed, so I suppose that is where it is giving a false reading. I'm happy to turn the sensors off, but when using waypoints the drone will not fly its course - saying instead there is an obstacle. Any idea how I may be able to remedy this, rather than replace the smashed broken sensor?

I have a mavic 3 pro.

Thanks
Wouldn't repairing the smashed sensor be the most sensible approach?

I guess there is some way to calibrate the sensors with assistant, but I've never used the program and it's that sort of knowledgable person I'm looking for a response from. Thanks though.
When I had Inspire2 it had a sensor calibration board included in the package and there was a way to calibrate the sensors via Assistant or GO4. I do not think it is possible with M3. But if a sensor is smashed or physically damaged, software calibration would fix that even if it was possible to calibrate.

I keep getting random sensor errors even though there is nothing close to the drone. One of the sensors is smashed, so I suppose that is where it is giving a false reading. I'm happy to turn the sensors off, but when using waypoints the drone will not fly its course - saying instead there is an obstacle. Any idea how I may be able to remedy this
Disabling obstacle avoidance would normally prevent warnings of obstacles.
If you did disable the OA sensors and still get obstacle warnings, there isn't going to be a workaround to your problem.

Are your app settings showing that OA is disabled?
i-WJzFTsf-M.jpg

I have seen videos (not necessarily for that exact model but certainly related / similar models) that shows drones aborting waypoint missions due to perceived obstacles regardless of that setting being off. Don't know if that is the case here, but it is a thing, and if so, then I'm afraid it's no more waypoint missions for you until that sensor gets fixed... unless anyone knows whether something like Litchi or whatever it's called might do waypoints without OA ?

Last edited:
Please could I get a useful reply
You will have to replace the sensor. Sorry its just the way it is..... I am wondering perhaps you know someone who gets regular postal service and deliveries? 50 bucks U.S. would fix that sensor error correctly and for good.
You will need the sensor part itself and A tube of electronics silicone.
If one of the bottom sensors is damaged it is a little more for the part 100 or so U.S.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
You will have to replace the sensor. Sorry its just the way it is..... I am wondering perhaps you know someone who gets regular postal service and deliveries? 50 bucks U.S. would fix that sensor error correctly and for good.
You will need the sensor part itself and A tube of electronics silicone.
If one of the bottom sensors is damaged it is a little more for the part 100 or so U.S.
All replies you got have been useful but none is going to help you with your problem when you are in Bolivian mountains. Sorry for delivering the bad news but your drone will need to be repaired/sent to the nearest authorised DJI repairer. Your only option in the meantime is to work with what your damaged drone is capable of. If it means no waypoints that's the way it is.

• Love
If you did disable the OA sensors and still get obstacle warnings, there isn't going to be a workaround to your problem.

Are your app settings showing that OA is disabled?
i-WJzFTsf-M.jpg
I don't believe OA can be turned off during Waypoint Missions, regardless of the OA settings under Safety for normal flight. Waypoint Missions override that OA setting, if it has been turned off, so that OA is always still on during Waypoint Missions "for safety."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr