DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro UK advice

W33K3NDWANDERER

Reactions
Good Morning All

I currently own a mini 3 pro & use whilst out hiking in the mountains in wales/lakes & Scotland. I've been looking at upgrading to the mavic 3 pro , I understand that it can't be flown closer than 70m to people or over the top of them either , but after an online examination/certification that can be reduced to 50m. Would the drone be geofenced unable to fly in the UKs wilderness like wales , the lake district & the Highlands of Scotland???

Kind regards

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Good Morning All

I currently own a mini 3 pro & use whilst out hiking in the mountains in wales/lakes & Scotland. I've been looking at upgrading to the mavic 3 pro , I understand that it can't be flown closer than 70m to people or over the top of them either , but after an online examination/certification that can be reduced to 50m. Would the drone be geofenced unable to fly in the UKs wilderness like wales , the lake district & the Highlands of Scotland???

Kind regards
A3 category: far away from people. Far away from buildings. You'll be fine.

Make sure you're logged in to your DJI account in the FLY app before you head out for a yomp, a lot of wild Wales and parts of the Highlands are still mobile signal black holes, so no amount of tethering attempts will help you log back in if DJI plays silly-buggers while you're in the field (personal experience).

Download the online maps for N.T. property boundaries and if you're heading for the coast: the Crown Foreshore & Estuary map... that tells you where you definitely CAN TOAL with blanket permission.

As already mentioned: walking in military areas might be fine.... Putting a drone up might not. Check your locations beforehand.

A3 category: far away from people. Far away from buildings. You'll be fine.

Make sure you're logged in to your DJI account in the FLY app before you head out for a yomp, a lot of wild Wales and parts of the Highlands are still mobile signal black holes, so no amount of tethering attempts will help you log back in if DJI plays silly-buggers while you're in the field (personal experience).

Download the online maps for N.T. property boundaries and if you're heading for the coast: the Crown Foreshore & Estuary map... that tells you where you definitely CAN TOAL with blanket permission.

As already mentioned: walking in military areas might be fine.... Putting a drone up might not. Check your locations beforehand.
That's magic to my ears thanks mate

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Or you could sign up to FPVUK pay your membership & then fly it with

Article 16 Operational Authorisation​

which reduces the distance to 30m, 15m for take off and landing & allows overflight of uninvolved people as long as you maintain 30m altitude. I know sounds crazy but thems the rules 😮

Attachments

• IMG_0450.png
    IMG_0450.png
    601.5 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: W33K3NDWANDERER
Or you could sign up to FPVUK pay your membership & then fly it with

Article 16 Operational Authorisation​

which reduces the distance to 30m, 15m for take off and landing & allows overflight of uninvolved people as long as you maintain 30m altitude. I know sounds crazy but thems the rules 😮
That's bizzare , going to have a look at that , thank you

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexxorellana