DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro

The N.P. prohibits a person from taking off and flying a UAS on their territory. The airspace above the park belongs to no one.
Yeah I know that’s whats on paper. But has anyone been caught for flying inside NP and got out w/o issues explaining that the flight was taken off from outside?

I brought a mavic mini and i’m probably going to upgrade to M3 or M3P when it is released - I expect a release sometime in the first half of 2021, but maybe second half due to delays caused by COVID.

I agree that the pro isnt really all that when compared to the zoom but then its only a $200 price diff and if your not into editing the Zoom is fun and you get nice pics and vid right out of the camera. BUT
Wow, i cant disagree more about what to expect from the Mavic3. Heres why:
There was rumor that the Mavic 3 was delayed after the release of the Evo 2 making me think that DJI realized they had better step up the game and decided to add some features to the Mavic 3 to top The Evo 2. All speculation but I already expected to see something with a wow factor esp when compared to the biggest competitor.
Now, add in the release of the Air 2, with just about every spec surpassing the Mavic 2 at 1/2 the cost. In my opinion DJI just put a bullet in the heart of any future Mavic 2 sales. So at this point The AIR 2 is going to be the drone of choice and with its price point should knock it out of the park when compared to the Evo2 as well.
With that being said, the Mavic 3 is going to have to really really be something special if its going to be placed back into that $1600.00 to $2000.00 price range.
We already know its going to have to have at least what the Air2 has and what the Evo2 has so Apas 3, active track 3, dual side sensor cams, top cam, 40 min flight time and with all of that is it still worth more then double the price of the Air2? Not in my book. I really dont know how much more flight tech can be packed in unless flight time can be seriously improved then there isnt really much sense in increasing range past 10km either. My guess is that either we see everything i mentioned in above plus some crazy cameras to justify the price or DJI has reinvented the wheel and the Mavic 3 introduces somthing so mind blowing that it just never occurred to anyone that it was possible. Propless levitation that runs on moon beams and fairy dust.
It's weird that there is even a debate about it. If the MA2 is even in the ballpark of being compared to the MP2 the price pushes the MA2 across the finish line as the winner. The MP3 is going to be just like the iPhone scam, I'll give you a bit more camera and charge you twice the price because it's new. At least iPhones you can trade up at a descent price. So far this is all I've seen of any consequence for the MP3.

But what difference does it make everyone will say wow it's a much better picture (not really) it's a much longer battery (who cares you have 3). Take my money anyway DJI I need new stuff.

OIS would be a nice feature, but not enough for me to buy it, nor would interchangeable lenses, unless one is a zoom. I'd like to see a zoom lens (5:1 or so) and longer flight time (40-50 minutes). The 1" Sony sensor is plenty. 8K video? Not necessary or even desirable--takes too much power in post.

Have you used the Mavic 2 Pro and compared it to the Air 2 to even comment about the quality?

There is a massive difference in quality of photos, the Pro 2 is close enough to Inspire 2 quality for photos without the massive size. I am a fine art photographer and I use the 2 pro, I would never use the Air 2. Never.

It's weird that there is even a debate about it. If the MA2 is even in the ballpark of being compared to the MP2 the price pushes the MA2 across the finish line as the winner. The MP3 is going to be just like the iPhone scam, I'll give you a bit more camera and charge you twice the price because it's new. At least iPhones you can trade up at a descent price. So far this is all I've seen of any consequence for the MP3.

But what difference does it make everyone will say wow it's a much better picture (not really) it's a much longer battery (who cares you have 3). Take my money anyway DJI I need new stuff.

We will not see a zoom lens on a drone this size with a 1 inch sensor, too big sadly. And 5:1 will never happen, it would be too long to keep stable.

A 1 inch sensor with the resolution to make 8k video does not exist, or even full 6k so it will be a while before we see that. Sony have to make it.

OIS would be a nice feature, but not enough for me to buy it, nor would interchangeable lenses, unless one is a zoom. I'd like to see a zoom lens (5:1 or so) and longer flight time (40-50 minutes). The 1" Sony sensor is plenty. 8K video? Not necessary or even desirable--takes too much power in post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quakzopas