DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro

Bigger sensors require bigger cameras, lenses and gimbals.
Search for Xdynamics Evolve 2 to see the smallest drone carrying a micro 4/3 camera.
It's a little bigger than a Phantom 4.
I'd settle for a higher spec lens and a 1" sensor in a drone that actually works?

In my opinion, if DJI really wanted to blow people's mind with the MP3, make it a true prosumer device.

Is see two things here, have the gimbal fully controllable on all three axis with separate joystick/wheel controls. Maybe you put the extra controls on the same controller, or maybe allows a second phone to be slaved to control the camera.

Or maybe you allow interchangeable lenses.

These features would put the MP3 right where high end DSLRs were a couple of years ago, when you could start thinking about using them for actual low budget pro video cameras, while recognizing they did not compete with real pro video cameras.

Would that eat into the Inspire market? Maybe some, but it might just open a whole new market where the MP2 isn't quite good enough for budget pro usage and the Inspire line is out of their price range.

I have the Plat and it is powerful and very good. I will stick with it for a few years unless I break it.

Alan

In my opinion, if DJI really wanted to blow people's mind with the MP3, make it a true prosumer device.

Is see two things here, have the gimbal fully controllable on all three axis with separate joystick/wheel controls. Maybe you put the extra controls on the same controller, or maybe allows a second phone to be slaved to control the camera.

Or maybe you allow interchangeable lenses.

These features would put the MP3 right where high end DSLRs were a couple of years ago, when you could start thinking about using them for actual low budget pro video cameras, while recognizing they did not compete with real pro video cameras.

Would that eat into the Inspire market? Maybe some, but it might just open a whole new market where the MP2 isn't quite good enough for budget pro usage and the Inspire line is out of their price range.
Flying and controlling gimbal In all direction would take a woman with high multitasking capabilities + miracle, you can already control gimbal on MP2 however you want with the touch screen on phone, what makes it difficult is single person flying and doing so unless you have 3 hands or dumb straight flying then its possible. Easiest way is programed route or 2 persons flying( 2 remotes), issue is it must be LOS since you don't have separate camera for the drone therefore I doubt we will see that EVER on mp3 or any mavic its reserved for inspire.

Best case realistic scenario for mp3 IMO:

- 40min battery
- maybe a bit larger sensor due size/weight/gimbal power ...if we get 30-50% larger that'd be awesome.

- 4k 60-120 fps ( 6-8k is useless due most people not having PC for that even if they do who has 8k TV lol ) still very likely we'll get it cuz of marketing purposes.

- very possible interchange small lens pricing about 150-200 each ( id guess 16-35-50+ mm
( with this phantom series is OVER )
I don't think this would impact inspire since mavic will never get bitrate power of inspire same as MA2 being limited to 8bit and only HDR without D-LOG

- mechanical shutter

- Or alternative optical zoom addition...perhaps easier solution and honestly rather more practical + masses gonna like it more then interchangeable lens personally I would imagine carrying all camera gear + gimbal and other stuff and on top of that drone lenses tho they'd be small but still requires additional time changing them i could see it being used more in free time then jobs.

- Probably OcuSync3 due MA2 getting 2 + more range

- some new features in quick shots perhaps even in LoG format ...that would actually be useful.

- better APAS, MA2 is doing good job mp3 will kill it due more sensors.

- other useless stuff quad bayer shooting A.K.A stacking ...we can do that even now manually = 48mp+ photos its basically a panorama.

- 8k hyperlapse could be useful for post processing and digital dolly.

Everything else I belive is unpredictable and realistically speaking many won't change mp2 over this especially those who don't use LOG format they really have a hard job to top off mp2, features and software stuff won't cut it for mp2 users they need to give hardware instead of software...kind of what MA2 got and more due being flagship mavic series.

My 2cents ...wish list? Perhaps...

My opinion is that we have these drones with 7-10 k distance range, 1" sensor cameras, and now the MA2 has better controller to drone connection, but we only have batteries that give us 22 - 25 min. flight times. Give us batteries that last 40 min. flight times so we can actually video all along the way out and back from 4-6 k!

I agree that the pro isnt really all that when compared to the zoom but then its only a $200 price diff and if your not into editing the Zoom is fun and you get nice pics and vid right out of the camera. BUT
Wow, i cant disagree more about what to expect from the Mavic3. Heres why:
There was rumor that the Mavic 3 was delayed after the release of the Evo 2 making me think that DJI realized they had better step up the game and decided to add some features to the Mavic 3 to top The Evo 2. All speculation but I already expected to see something with a wow factor esp when compared to the biggest competitor.
Now, add in the release of the Air 2, with just about every spec surpassing the Mavic 2 at 1/2 the cost. In my opinion DJI just put a bullet in the heart of any future Mavic 2 sales. So at this point The AIR 2 is going to be the drone of choice and with its price point should knock it out of the park when compared to the Evo2 as well.
With that being said, the Mavic 3 is going to have to really really be something special if its going to be placed back into that $1600.00 to $2000.00 price range.
We already know its going to have to have at least what the Air2 has and what the Evo2 has so Apas 3, active track 3, dual side sensor cams, top cam, 40 min flight time and with all of that is it still worth more then double the price of the Air2? Not in my book. I really dont know how much more flight tech can be packed in unless flight time can be seriously improved then there isnt really much sense in increasing range past 10km either. My guess is that either we see everything i mentioned in above plus some crazy cameras to justify the price or DJI has reinvented the wheel and the Mavic 3 introduces somthing so mind blowing that it just never occurred to anyone that it was possible. Propless levitation that runs on moon beams and fairy dust.

Mavic 2 Pro photo/video is vastly superior to the Air 2. Not even in the same ballpark.

Reactions: SXViper03
My opinion is that we have these drones with 7-10 k distance range, 1" sensor cameras, and now the MA2 has better controller to drone connection, but we only have batteries that give us 22 - 25 min. flight times. Give us batteries that last 40 min. flight times so we can actually video all along the way out and back from 4-6 k!
In many countries the laws state VSLOS and therefore the distances you mentioned become irrelevant.

Reactions: SXViper03
Give us batteries that last 40 min. flight times so we can actually video all along the way out and back from 4-6 k!
Are you talking about flying an M2?
To fly 4 km out + 4 km back would take 9 minutes in still air.
It would take 13.5 minutes for 8 kilometres.
You can easily video all along the way out and back from 4-6 k!

Mavic 2 Pro photo/video is vastly superior to the Air 2. Not even in the same ballpark.
Agreed but i was talking more about the capabilities of the drone itself. Air2 has better range and longer flight time. As far as the cams, someone pulled stats and it appears that 75% of the DJI customers are casual users, not professional photographers so the benefits of the Hassel cam on the pro mean nothing. To most of us its a really cool toy with a camera and spending more then twice as much for a pro or zoom over the AIR 2 with no real flight benefits just isnt gonna happen. I get for some the camera is everything. For others its how far, how fast, how long, how big and how much. The Air2 will easily cur into that 75% of Pro sales so it brings you back to: the Mavic 3 had better do something spectacular to retain the sales numbers of the Mavic 2.

Flying and controlling gimbal In all direction would take a woman with high multitasking capabilities + miracle
Facts.

I think a feature like this would only be useful if a second person could control the gimbal and there was a second camera always pointing forward (for the pilot's use). Even if possible, I don't think it'll ever be added to a consumer drone since most consumers would never need/want to use this functionality.

All they need on the M3P for me to buy it would be a redesigned gimbal up/down control mechanism. I absolutely hate the wheel. Yes, with practice you can improve the smoothness, but that initial movement is rarely as slow and smooth as I'd like it. The 3DR Solo was the smoothest flying drone I've ever flown and it had paddles on the controller for the gimbal control. If DJI would change the wheels to paddles (or their own improved design) I'd buy 2! 40 minute flight time would be incredible also. I've timed sunsets wrong on many occasions in regards to flight time.ITE_3drs_controller_551.jpg

Last edited:
Are you talking about flying an M2?
To fly 4 km out + 4 km back would take 9 minutes in still air.
It would take 13.5 minutes for 8 kilometres.
You can easily video all along the way out and back from 4-6 k!
Yes that's true if that is the way YOU video. For me its nice to fly by something and determine that if I fly back and make a different type of pass I would get a better view. Sometimes if I like it several passes. Not to just start the video, fly out to 4k turn around and fly back.

In many countries the laws state VSLOS and therefore the distances you mentioned become irrelevant.
Oh you never have flown beyond sight? Or have been in a National Park and wondered if you could video that from 3 or 4 K from outside the park limits?

Reactions: E90RAW
Zoom is still great drone with optical zoom advantage but realistically speaking AIR2 IMO is better buy as of now price/value and zoom should be basically worth enough to sell it and get FMC AIR2 without loss of money or perhaps tiny bit adding, if you got FMC + smart controller then its worth way more then MA2 you should be good to even earn some back selling it all lol, tho if you ain't gonna use 4k 60 you don't really have need for MA2 as for 1080p 240 IMO it's a waste 1080 isn't anything special even on MP2, besides anything longer then 100-120 fps is overkill... at least for my needs ... never actually used 1080p 120 on mp2 lol, 4k 120 would be fun tho.

As for me personally MP3 wishlist and perhaps realistic expectations.

- 4k 60-120fps
- 1+" sensor
- 40min battery

...thats pretty much what would make me going for mp3 lol there's really not much MP2 needs aside only con they never wanted to give it which is 4k60 and nowadays 40min battery is a must for mp3 ...he'll MA could fly 15-16min max for me was 18 with like 3% battery left and MA2 goes 27-28min ...thats like 40% better battery life V.S. original.

As for using full potential of MP2 here quick video from yesterday D-LOG, heavy grade and normal grade colours.

So Cool, I really need how to use my cam. Beautiful!

Oh you never have flown beyond sight? Or have been in a National Park and wondered if you could video that from 3 or 4 K from outside the park limits?
I have flown beyond sight. Do people fly from outside national parks and go inside?

Reactions: E90RAW
Did you guys who “Never ;)“ fly and tesohn, have you been caught be anyone and had explained that legally it is not illegal to fly from outside and get out safe?
I just cant imagine getting fined $1000s for doing that. But I really want to do it ?

Did you guys who “Never ;)“ fly and tesohn, have you been caught be anyone and had explained that legally it is not illegal to fly from outside and get out safe?
I just cant imagine getting fined $1000s for doing that. But I really want to do it ?
The N.P. prohibits a person from taking off and flying a UAS on their territory. The airspace above the park belongs to no one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa