DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 RC-N1 vs RC controllers

I guess is a matter of preferences, in my opinion the 10 inch FeelWorld is heavier and cumbersome than anything else at 1.8 pounds +1 battery you need is over 2 pounds.

With my Tripltek 8 connected to the RC-N1, I can zoom and elevate the gimbal while shooting video, thanks to the large screen I can pinch and zoom with my right hand and at the same time move the wheel to elevate the gimbal with my left hand
Indeed. I use the RC Pro without any attached external monitor most of the time. It's really a perfect size and the screen is far larger than a 5.5” phone because the width is much larger.
Which sized Tripltek are you using? The 7” or the 8”?
The 7” isn't that much larger than the RC Pro screen.
While you can zoom on the screen by pinching and pulling, requiring removing one hand from the sticks, having both hands on the sticks while simultaneously zooming and elevating the gimbal independently, gives full control for all cinematic video moves. Anything that requires removing a hand from the sticks to even adjust exposure is also very limiting. JMHO.

Since my first Mavic Pro my big fight was with cell phones or tablets and sun glare. The RC has eliminated that. I believe I read the brightness factor was 1000 times brighter. But that's probably not right. Sounds a little too good to be true. I do know gone are the days of having to see what's on the screen. My Mav Air2 is the Flymore package and comes with the RC. Yesterday I received my new Mav 3 classic and two physically noticeable differences. No external antennae but somehow they have made reception waaay better. And the weight. It is close to half the weight of my Mav Air2 RC.
I have seen the RC advertised in the Store for 300 US. That seems like a great deal. Didn't really check to see if it is the new or old version.

Which FeelWorld monitor do you own?
This is the 10” one that I am referring to:
The weight of the attached batteries is entirely up to you.
There are two battery slots on the back. You can use one or both, and put a variety of different capacity batteries in each, with lower capacity batteries weighing less.
The RC Pro is 1000 nits. The FeelWorld is 2000 nits. That's twice the nits, and should appear at least 40% brighter. The RC Pro has the CPU, the OS, and the touchscreen already built-in, so unless you must have larger than a 5.5” screen, you don't need anything else! If you need a larger screen, you can connect any size monitor to the RC Pro, not just a 7" Tripltek.

I very clearly do understand the difference. The Tripltek attached to the RC-N1 cannot simultaneously zoom and elevate the gimbal while shooting video. That's a complete deal breaker for anyone shooting video and wishing to use any digital zoom on the Mavic 3. Maybe you only shoot stills.
Also with the RC Pro you don’t touch the screen very often because you have the 2 control wheels and 2 additional programmable buttons.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I guess is a matter of preferences, in my opinion the 10 inch FeelWorld is heavier and cumbersome than anything else at 1.8 pounds +1 battery you need is over 2 pounds.

With my Tripltek 8 connected to the RC-N1, I can zoom and elevate the gimbal while shooting video, thanks to the large screen I can pinch and zoom with my right hand and at the same time move the wheel to elevate the gimbal with my left hand
How did I miss this?
I'm about to go outside this moment and try this. I'm thinking you're right. The Tripltek 8 screen is large enough to make a smooth move, I hope.

I'll be back shortly as I plan to be hanging out around here this afternoon..

How did I miss this?
I'm about to go outside this moment and try this. I'm thinking you're right. The Tripltek 8 screen is large enough to make a smooth move, I hope.

I'll be back shortly as I plan to be hanging out around here this afternoon..
That doesn't solve the real problem. It isn't the smoothness of the pinching on the screen. The real problem is that you still need both hands on the sticks at all times to perform any type of cinematic move, while simultaneously zooming and adjusting the gimbal. That is only possible with the RC Pro or DJI RC with two scroll wheels. If you only shoot stills, it's never an issue.

That doesn't solve the real problem. It isn't the smoothness of the pinching on the screen. The real problem is that you still need both hands on the sticks at all times to perform any type of cinematic move, while simultaneously zooming and adjusting the gimbal. That is only possible with the RC Pro or DJI RC with two scroll wheels. If you only shoot stills, it's never an issue.
While I do agree with you in general on this, since DJI introduced the Cruise Control function you can actually now perform some nice cinematic moves by locking the stick positions and put the drone into a "gliding motion". It will make the drone "cruising" in predetermined direction without your stick imput and thus freeing your hands to perform other functions such as zooming by pinching the screen or whatever. Perhaps not the same as being on the sticks all the time with both hands but the Cruise Control has opened many new possibilities for smooth cine movements, IMHO.

Last edited:
While I do agree with you in general on this, since DJI introduced the Cruise Control function you can actually now perform some nice cinematic moves by locking the stick positions and put the drone into a "gliding motion". It will make the drone "cruising" in predetermined direction without your stick imput and thus freeing your hands to perform other functions such as zooming by pinching the screen or whatever. Perhaps not the same as being on the sticks all the time with both hands but the Cruise Control has opened many new possibilities for smooth cine movements, IMHO.
Agreed. Cruise Control certainly helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan