DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 RC-N1 vs RC controllers

Komatsu

Reactions
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I can't find answers I am looking for, presently I have M2P and use iPhone or iPad as the screen in dedicated holders at present, I'm on the verge of getting a Mavic 3 Classic, reason being to me I see the RC as a big benefit having a built in screen, I haven't found a way to buy the 1st Mavic 3 with this controller other than separately and 2nd hand, I want the controller with the screen because now with tablets and phones on the controller it can be come unbalanced, top heavy, I have a lanyard attached but it still isn't always ideal, the controller is balanced far better when it is in between the 2 fold away handles, but having to take your phone case, off to use the drone is just time consuming and fiddly, do the 2 controllers have any positives or negatives to the each other, or is it just a case of 1 has a screen and 1 doesn't, thank you for any help given.

I have the RC and purchased a neat plate for the lanyard strap. Best controller ive ever used (with Mavic3).
Its well balanced i feel with the screen below the controller. It has its pros/cons in terms of software (offline maps, new interface) but well worth it after you get used to it.
I dont find any issue as yet with signal strength between the controller and drone, i fly mainly in the city between buildings etc. Basically the same as the M2P, which i flew for 5 years...

I don't us a lanyard so I can't comment on balance. The RC controller does have a very nice screen that I can see in daylight and has the addition of a couple of programmable buttons that come in very handy with the Mavic 3.

with having no antenna on the RC version do you notice any outage or signal loss, the weight of the RC-N1 and RC are almost identical, you'd have thought a screen would add more weight ? probably the addition of a phone/tablet holder and antenna on the RC-N1 balance things out, the RC PRO has antenna, why not the RC its the odd one out

As a new owner of the Mavic 3 (21 days) and even newer owner of the RC PRO (3 days) I can say the change is amazing. I fly out over water a bunch because I'm in Florida, and that's my preference. My range is so much better with the Pro. Not having to use the phone and potential phone and RC interference is a game changer. I can slip in through the trees, or amidst obstacles without significant signal loss.

with having no antenna on the RC version do you notice any outage or signal loss, the weight of the RC-N1 and RC are almost identical, you'd have thought a screen would add more weight ? probably the addition of a phone/tablet holder and antenna on the RC-N1 balance things out, the RC PRO has antenna, why not the RC its the odd one out
Honestly I haven't used it enough in very tricky situations yet to determine if the controller is any more or less reliable in terms of connectivity compaired to the old M2P controller.

But from initial use it seems the connection is slightly stronger and more consistent(im talking out of LOS).
But I'd like to use it more to get a real feel of it. I'm shooting in the city currently and will have more insight soon.
I do like the overall feel of it, the battery life is a plus, how compact.

One of my gripes though, is that it disconnects the Bluetooth on take off, which means if you use a Bluetooth headset to listen to the prompts you have to reconnect once it's in the air.

The RC does have two antennas,but they are inside the top part of the case,and not external like on the pro version.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I can't find answers I am looking for, presently I have M2P and use iPhone or iPad as the screen in dedicated holders at present, I'm on the verge of getting a Mavic 3 Classic, reason being to me I see the RC as a big benefit having a built in screen, I haven't found a way to buy the 1st Mavic 3 with this controller other than separately and 2nd hand, I want the controller with the screen because now with tablets and phones on the controller it can be come unbalanced, top heavy, I have a lanyard attached but it still isn't always ideal, the controller is balanced far better when it is in between the 2 fold away handles, but having to take your phone case, off to use the drone is just time consuming and fiddly, do the 2 controllers have any positives or negatives to the each other, or is it just a case of 1 has a screen and 1 doesn't, thank you for any help given.
Biggest difference is the second scroll wheel, which is missing from the RC-N1. Without the second scroll wheel, you can't simultaneously zoom and elevate the gimbal to keep your subject in the frame during zooming. This applies to both the Mavic 3 and the Mavic 3 Classic, if you ever intend to use any amount of digital zoom.

I'd say skip the RC and get RC Pro if you can afford it. It is great controller and has this pro feel and look. Good ergonomics and with more programable buttons it makes flying so much more enjoyable. The screen is bright and visible under sunlight. The range with external antennas is impressive.

I recently saw an Rc pro controller in the wild and was able to hold it and fly with it for a sec...

Honestly, its 1000% more convenient and the screen is nice and bright (better than an Apple) and its less to deal with than the Rcn1. No question. Its also (spec wise) stronger than the Rcn1 even though this is really a moot point in most countries considering your drone needs to stay in sight...Ive taken my M3 out WAY PAST that point over open water and turned around after 4 miles..still full bars and 100% reception. Nothing wrong with the "power" of the Rcn1's transmission.

NOW, saying all that, after using my Tripltek 8 Pro since having the M3, there is NO WAY i would trade the Tripltek's larger, brighter and easier-to-work-with-during-flight screen for the RC Pro.

Its only the convenance, weight, and set up time that is a tremendous plus for the RC pro. But once its all set up, I just lean towards the Tripltek with the RCN1 every time.

Obviously, if I did NOT have the Tripltek, it would be a completely different post I would be making.. lol

I recently saw an Rc pro controller in the wild and was able to hold it and fly with it for a sec...

Honestly, its 1000% more convenient and the screen is nice and bright (better than an Apple) and its less to deal with than the Rcn1. No question. Its also (spec wise) stronger than the Rcn1 even though this is really a moot point in most countries considering your drone needs to stay in sight...Ive taken my M3 out WAY PAST that point over open water and turned around after 4 miles..still full bars and 100% reception. Nothing wrong with the "power" of the Rcn1's transmission.

NOW, saying all that, after using my Tripltek 8 Pro since having the M3, there is NO WAY i would trade the Tripltek's larger, brighter and easier-to-work-with-during-flight screen for the RC Pro.

Its only the convenance, weight, and set up time that is a tremendous plus for the RC pro. But once its all set up, I just lean towards the Tripltek with the RCN1 every time.

Obviously, if I did NOT have the Tripltek, it would be a completely different post I would be making.. lol
How do you simultaneously zoom and elevate the gimbal for video using the RC-N1? That was the deal breaker for me. If you want a larger screen for the RC-Pro, the FeelWorld 7” or 10” monitors are easily attached and mounted with a LifThor mount using the the miniHDMI port.

• Wow
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
How do you simultaneously zoom and elevate the gimbal for video using the RC-N1? That was the deal breaker for me. If you want a larger screen for the RC-Pro, the FeelWorld 7” or 10” monitors are easily attached and mounted with a LifThor mount using the the miniHDMI port.
And speaking about the FeelWorld monitor, also add even more weight, more batteries to deal with and a monitor with a washed out display that gets so hot that you can not dare to touch it. No thanks.

Last edited:
ugh. Yes. You are correct.
THIS is a huge issue. .. you're correct. Thats a deal breaker. I'm just biased since I dumped the duckets on the Tripltek. grr..

Reactions: GadgetGuy
And also add even more weight, more batteries to deal with and a monitor with a washed out display that gets so hot that you can not dare to touch it. No thanks.
not sure about all that. My screen doesn't get hot.

But @GadgetGuy 's post was spot on.

And speaking about the FeelWorld monitor, also add even more weight, more batteries to deal with and a monitor with a washed out display that gets so hot that you can not dare to touch it. No thanks.
The FeelWorld monitor is 2000 nits, so it's certainly not washed out, and does not overheat. The monitor itself also weighs next to nothing without a battery attached. I'd venture that it is even lighter than your Tripltek.

Most importantly, since it is attached to the RC Pro rather than the RC-N1, it can simultaneously zoom and elevate the gimbal for video. You also don't have to use any external monitor with the RC Pro, unless you choose to.

Reactions: AnzacJack
The FeelWorld monitor is 2000 nits, so it's certainly not washed out, and does not overheat. The monitor itself also weighs next to nothing without a battery attached. I'd venture that it is even lighter than your Tripltek.

Most importantly, since it is attached to the RC Pro rather than the RC-N1, it can simultaneously zoom and elevate the gimbal for video. You also don't have to use any external monitor with the RC Pro, unless you choose to.
That is odd , My FeelWorld gets hot, I can not even touch it, It weights 1.3 pounds with the batteries ( because it needs the batteries to work), so the weight is the same and I do not feel the FeelWorld is brighter than the RC PRO or the Tripletek . There is not comparison , the FeelWorld is just a Monitor, no cpu , no operating system, not touchscreen, it is only to watch the video. I think you need to have a Tripltek in your hands, so you will understand the difference.

That is odd , My FeelWorld gets hot, I can not even touch it, It weights 1.3 pounds with the batteries ( because it needs the batteries to work), so the weight is the same and I do not feel the FeelWorld is brighter than the RC PRO or the Tripletek . There is not comparison , the FeelWorld is just a Monitor, no cpu , no operating system, not touchscreen, it is only to watch the video. I think you need to have a Tripltek in your hands, so you will understand the difference.
Which FeelWorld monitor do you own?
This is the 10” one that I am referring to:
The weight of the attached batteries is entirely up to you.
There are two battery slots on the back. You can use one or both, and put a variety of different capacity batteries in each, with lower capacity batteries weighing less.
The RC Pro is 1000 nits. The FeelWorld is 2000 nits. That's twice the nits, and should appear at least 40% brighter. The RC Pro has the CPU, the OS, and the touchscreen already built-in, so unless you must have larger than a 5.5” screen, you don't need anything else! If you need a larger screen, you can connect any size monitor to the RC Pro, not just a 7" Tripltek.

I very clearly do understand the difference. The Tripltek attached to the RC-N1 cannot simultaneously zoom and elevate the gimbal while shooting video. That's a complete deal breaker for anyone shooting video and wishing to use any digital zoom on the Mavic 3. Maybe you only shoot stills.

Which FeelWorld monitor do you own?
This is the 10” one that I am referring to:
The weight of the attached batteries is entirely up to you.
There are two battery slots on the back. You can use one or both, and put a variety of different capacity batteries in each, with lower capacity batteries weighing less.
The RC Pro is 1000 nits. The FeelWorld is 2000 nits. That's twice the nits, and should appear at least 40% brighter. The RC Pro has the CPU, the OS, and the touchscreen already built-in, so unless you must have larger than a 5.5” screen, you don't need anything else! If you need a larger screen, you can connect any size monitor to the RC Pro, not just a 7" Tripltek.

I very clearly do understand the difference. The Tripltek attached to the RC-N1 cannot simultaneously zoom and elevate the gimbal while shooting video. That's a complete deal breaker for anyone shooting video and wishing to use any digital zoom on the Mavic 3. Maybe you only shoot stills.
I guess is a matter of preferences, in my opinion the 10 inch FeelWorld is heavier and cumbersome than anything else at 1.8 pounds +1 battery you need is over 2 pounds.

With my Tripltek 8 connected to the RC-N1, I can zoom and elevate the gimbal while shooting video, thanks to the large screen I can pinch and zoom with my right hand and at the same time move the wheel to elevate the gimbal with my left hand

• Wow
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000