DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 RC Pro Fly More Kit - Cancelled!

Their original marketing approach was totally boneheaded and now they scramble to fix it. Eventually there will be an overall price adjustment for all things Mavic 3 since the current price-point and combos simply make no sense at all especially if they continue to market the Air2s/RC Pro combo for 1799.
I took advantage of it, but end up with two Air2s flymore... I am OK with that because if I spent 1200 for the RC Pro I effectively got a complete A2s flymore for $500!! Or turning it the other way around, I got the RC Pro for $500. Go figure DJI.

Reactions: Cosmo0g
What a disappointment.

What a disappointment.
Their original marketing approach was totally boneheaded and now they scramble to fix it. Eventually there will be an overall price adjustment for all things Mavic 3 since the current price-point and combos simply make no sense at all especially if they continue to market the Air2s/RC Pro combo for 1799.
I took advantage of it, but end up with two Air2s flymore... I am OK with that because if I spent 1200 for the RC Pro I effectively got a complete A2s flymore for $500!! Or turning it the other way around, I got the RC Pro for $500. Go figure DJI.
DJI…a company that cannot get out of its own way. Too big, too fast. Too bad. And completely disconnected from all things not Chinese. But here I am the happy (for the most part) owner of 4 of their products.

This is really an unfortunate situation for many of us waiting for both in a package. DJI with moves like this may start losing market share and the respect they have earned over the years.
Something has gone haywire in the mind of DJI. I guess now you can fly the Air2s with the RC Pro and buy them together but the RC Pro won't work with the Mavic 2. Not only have they made purchasing the Mavic 3 an oddball purchase they orphaned the Mavic 2 and made the decision to upgrade from a M2 to a M3 more difficult.

Lose market share? Most probably. If I were a betting man I'd be willing to bet 9:1 that my next drone will NOT be a DJI drone. My M2P and Mini 2 will be fine until the right time comes. To me it seems like an insult to offer a prosumer drone at pro prices. $5000 for the cine package? You'd think for that money it would have a removable gimbal and camera options and for $3000 could include the RC pro. But no. The M3 pricing is straight up gouging IMO.

Something has gone haywire in the mind of DJI. I guess now you can fly the Air2s with the RC Pro and buy them together but the RC Pro won't work with the Mavic 2. Not only have they made purchasing the Mavic 3 an oddball purchase they orphaned the Mavic 2 and made the decision to upgrade from a M2 to a M3 more difficult.

Lose market share? Most probably. If I were a betting man I'd be willing to bet 9:1 that my next drone will NOT be a DJI drone. My M2P and Mini 2 will be fine until the right time comes. To me it seems like an insult to offer a prosumer drone at pro prices. $5000 for the cine package? You'd think for that money it would have a removable gimbal and camera options and for $3000 could include the RC pro. But no. The M3 pricing is straight up gouging IMO.
And yet thousands of us still run and buy it, me included ;)

And yet thousands of us still run and buy it, me included ;)
That is true. Value is in the eye of the beholder. And that's ok for DJI to do what they're doing. The only vested interest they have at the end of the day is their share holders. It opens the doors for other drone mfrs who might not have previously had a chance against the DJI juggernaut. Autel seems to be upping their game and Sony, while dabbling in higher end drones could end up with trickle down designs. You never know. Maybe Skydio wiill see an opportunity to expand their line? With more potential revenue/profit there might be enough motivation to work a bit harder for the business? As a corporation DJI is betting margin vs volume. For them it might be the right move. I liken it to the movie, "The Producers". Gotta wonder what's coming with the Mini 3?

That is true. Value is in the eye of the beholder. And that's ok for DJI to do what they're doing. The only vested interest they have at the end of the day is their share holders. It opens the doors for other drone mfrs who might not have previously had a chance against the DJI juggernaut. Autel seems to be upping their game and Sony, while dabbling in higher end drones could end up with trickle down designs. You never know. Maybe Skydio wiill see an opportunity to expand their line? With more potential revenue/profit there might be enough motivation to work a bit harder for the business? As a corporation DJI is betting margin vs volume. For them it might be the right move. I liken it to the movie, "The Producers". Gotta wonder what's coming with the Mini 3?
Autel could be the one to topple Dji from their throne but if AUtel stays on their current path it would not happen. Their customer service is basically non-existent, at least with Dji they will respond to you on their forums, Autel - nothing. With all the issues that Autel are having with their Nano version drones and it not keeping to the speeds and Autel not wanting to fix the issues and saying that they are not gonna put the drone to its advertised speed in sports mode is gonna make the Mini 3 a killer. Dji will again hold the market with the mini 3. The Lite+ that i got from Autel will be my first and last Autel drone i will ever buy from them.

Every day I find yet one more reason to hold on to my Mavic 2 Pro and not buy the M3. As always, the Chinese are duplicitous. On consideration of the failed promised updated and delayed firmware, lack of waypoints, ridiculously high pricing for the Pro controller, and 6 minute delays in getting GPS...no thanks DJI. I''m not a fool.

Well said, Dale. I feel exactly the same way. My M 2 is a great camera and bird. Oh, and it has waypoints, grabs a confirmed home point in seconds, not minutes, has a predictable return to home and is a super stable aircraft.
IMHO no one can call a drone “professional” as DJI monikers the Mavic 3, if it does not support waypoints.
I am seriously looking at the Autel line, but now am a little spooked by the comments of Suren, above your post. Hold fast.

I 100% agree Dale D This is most unfortunate.

So now here's my dilemma; do I purchase the standard M3 (with one battery) and the RC Pro Controller (knowing that 3 minutes of the flight time would be dedicated to GPS lock) or . . . fly more combo with the RC Pro Controller (and sell the standard controller for whatever I can get)?

I could always buy filters and batteries later. That's where I am. I've made the decision to purchase . . . just debating HOW to purchase. DJI is charging the US/European people for their political game 😕.

I 100% agree Dale D This is most unfortunate.

So now here's my dilemma; do I purchase the standard M3 (with one battery) and the RC Pro Controller (knowing that 3 minutes of the flight time would be dedicated to GPS lock) or . . . fly more combo with the RC Pro Controller (and sell the standard controller for whatever I can get)?

I could always buy filters and batteries later. That's where I am. I've made the decision to purchase . . . just debating HOW to purchase. DJI is charging the US/European people for their political game 😕.
I am in the group that demands patience until DJI delivers on their promises. Sure, it would be nice to have that extra flying time, and better sensor with higher dynamic range for night photography, but not at the expense of losing other pre-existing functions such as way points, and delayed GPS capture, and not to mention the really bad screen compared to my beloved DJI GO 4 app. The higher expense is not warranted. I feel I am getting screwed at least on these 4 issues.

I owned the Mavic Mini 2 for about 3 to 4 months. I sold it because of that crappy controller and DJI Fly App. I had too much trouble understanding the screen, the controls, the settings, all crammed down in the corner. To heck with that stuff, DJI. (I'm saying that in a nicer way than I normally would).

We are being offered a little bit less for more$. They took away our DJI Go 4 and way points, threw in a worse controller, and upped their prices.

Dale
Miami

Last edited:
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
DJI should deliver a good product from day 1.
First. they promise 46 minutes flying battery. In reality, is about 30-38 pushing it. Now on top of that, we need to waste the battery for about 5-6 minutes waiting for GPS. I miss train shots because I had to wait for GPS before recording my home point. My cheap DJI Mini 2 does a 1000% better job on this.

Autel could be the one to topple Dji from their throne but if AUtel stays on their current path it would not happen. Their customer service is basically non-existent, at least with Dji they will respond to you on their forums, Autel - nothing. With all the issues that Autel are having with their Nano version drones and it not keeping to the speeds and Autel not wanting to fix the issues and saying that they are not gonna put the drone to its advertised speed in sports mode is gonna make the Mini 3 a killer. Dji will again hold the market with the mini 3. The Lite+ that i got from Autel will be my first and last Autel drone i will ever buy from them.
As far as Autel tech support, I have had mostly positive experiences. The last time involved a failed firmware update and they said to send back the EVO 2 Pro 6K v2 and controller and they turned them around within a day.

The only vested interest they have at the end of the day is their share holders.
I recall DJI is a privately held company, am I wrong? However, I recently I read the CCP invested in DJI, no joke. That could be the motivation to their bonehead moves recently.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I am most interested to hear about the issues that you have had with your Autel drone. Would you be willing to elaborate?

I purchased the Mavic 3 combo and purchased the RC Pro a couple days later. When I made my purchase I was pisssed at the price of the drone and controller that included a carry case that is useless. When DJI announced that they would credit buyers that had to separately pay for the drone and controller I had no expectation that that would ever happen so I'm not disappointed. I am very pleased with the Mavic 3 and RC Pro controller. I have do not have any issues about return to home but the capture of the satellites is a bit slow however once you get the drone up about 10 feet the satellites appear. I have no complaints about the Mavic 3 or the RC Pro other than the price. I also purchased the DJI Mavicc Air 2 combo as a backup drone and I'm very pleased with it. Cheers

Reactions: Greenflash
Here is what makes me mad.
I did exactly what you did. Purchased the Mavic 3 FMC for $2999.99 + DJI RC Pro $1200 + tax. This is a total of $4199.99

You can buy a Mavic Air 2S for 1749.99 + Mavic 3 for $1749 + 3 Batteries@$209 + Propellers $19 for a total of $4144.99 and is not only cheaper in that way, but you will also end up with 2 drones for the price of 1 Mavic 3 FMC and RC Pro.

Even better? you can sell the Mavic Air 2S FMC without the RC Pro easily for $1000.00 and you just save $1000 for yourself.

Is not that insulting from DJI? I don't care about the stupid DJI bag, filters, charger hub. I can buy an aftermarket charger hub better than that one for $50 and filters as well.

I was hopping DJI will give us some credit but i am thinking asking for return and re-purchase in what way and save me $1000

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa