DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 - RC Pro zoom issues.

Roberto Smera

Reactions
Good day,

Anyone knows if there is a way to zoom all way up to 7x when turning the right control wheel on the RC Pro? Mine goes only to 3x and stops there. Thanks in advance.

Good day,

Anyone knows if there is a way to zoom all way up to 7x when turning the right control wheel on the RC Pro? Mine goes only to 3x and stops there. Thanks in advance.
The 3X zoom is for the main camera. If you want 7x zoom you either have to stop recording with the Main lens and switch to the 7x Tele lens or go into the video settings on the right side and pick Explore mode which will let you zoom from 1X to 28X but limits your settings to Auto.

Hi Saladshooter, thanks for your reply. Let me see if I understood you: anyway I'll have to assign a button/shortcut in my RC Pro to go to explore mode and then zoom from 3x to 7x. The right wheel doesn't change to 7x alone if I do not go to explore mode first, is that correct?

Hi Saladshooter, thanks for your reply. Let me see if I understood you: anyway I'll have to assign a button/shortcut in my RC Pro to go to explore mode and then zoom from 3x to 7x. The right wheel doesn't change to 7x alone if I do not go to explore mode first, is that correct?
Its not an assigned button... Explore mode is a menu choice under video settings in the DJI Fly app. It allows zoom from 1x to 28x without stopping recording, however it only allows Auto settings for aperture, shutter etc.

I had a similar or maybe same issue with Mavic 3 and RC Pro when I was far away few km from remote that I can't operate and switch to 7x zoom and more. I have assigned C1 and C2 customizable buttons to explore mode and to 1x and 7x zoom but was totally misbehaving. It was working again when I got closer to RC Pro then works normally. All operated with latest firmwares only DJI FLY was 1.6.8 but now it's latest 1.6.9 so maybe solved already...

I had a similar or maybe same issue with Mavic 3 and RC Pro when I was far away few km from remote that I can't operate and switch to 7x zoom and more. I have assigned C1 and C2 customizable buttons to explore mode and to 1x and 7x zoom but was totally misbehaving. It was working again when I got closer to RC Pro then works normally. All operated with latest firmwares only DJI FLY was 1.6.8 but now it's latest 1.6.9 so maybe solved already...
That's make sense. I will try this config and see how the camera behaves. For me is mandatory to toggle 1x to 7x without removing my fingers from the sticks.

Reactions: Iczeman

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming