DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC 3 RID issue

You wrote "opendroneID" app can see it. IT doesnt see my drone, so?

You wrote "opendroneID" app can see it. IT doesnt see my drone, so?
“With drone hacks on MAVIC3 both droneID and remoteID are disabled. But there is big moment to understand. Drone still transmits RID signal but it doesnt transmit its location, for that reason none of apps like dronscanner or opendroneid will see it. I did many tests on this.”

I believe you are right, it probably doesn’t transmit your location data, however it does broadcast your serial number.
You don’t need any app to see, just go on you phone and open WiFi and you’ll see the drone is giving out a WiFi networks “RID(serial number)” when in flight.

The problem with that is since you have to register the drone with dji, you now link that detail with your person information such as your ip and email address.

I believe you are right, it probably doesn’t transmit your location data, however it does broadcast your serial number.
You don’t need any app to see, just go on you phone and open WiFi and you’ll see the drone is giving out a WiFi networks “RID(serial number)” when in flight.

The problem with that is since you have to register the drone with dji, you now link that detail with your person information such as your ip and email address.
It transmits full packets in RID, it transmits location of the drone and rc. But it will never transmit RID without satellites (for example indoors) and with command "gps off". Remote id will be disabled forever untill command "gps on" is entered. But its quite tricky to fly in atti mode. But even in atti mode you can do photos, videos very easily. When your missiion is done just enter command "gps on", RC will say failed command (because its on the fly) but command will work and atti mode will turn off.

It transmits full packets in RID, it transmits location of the drone and rc. But it will never transmit RID without satellites (for example indoors) and with command "gps off". Remote id will be disabled forever untill command "gps on" is entered. But its quite tricky to fly in atti mode. But even in atti mode you can do photos, videos very easily. When your missiion is done just enter command "gps on", RC will say failed command (because its on the fly) but command will work and atti mode will turn off.
It will transmit remote ID indoors without satellites. That’s how I tested it. Maybe the location won’t show up, but your serial number will.

So I did more tests with REMOTE_ID, RC fly app makes the difference. More updates here How to disable REMOTE_ID on DH MAVIC 3. WORKS
RC:
App version: 1.11.4
RC firmware 01.03.0500
MAVIC 3 DH 1000 with this RC transmits RID despite GPS OFF command. It transmits RID indoors with 0 satellites aswell.
-------------------
RC PRO:
App version: 1.12.4
RC firmware 03.02.0400
MAVIC 3 DH 1000 with this RC PRO never transmits RID indoors and never after "gps off" (not "gps_off") command was entered and restarted.

Did more tests. Reflashed RC PRO to very old firmware 2023.04.25 and REMOTE ID gone forever in all modes. Never appears! But weirdly gps off / gps on command doesnt work anymore same as led off / led on. Probably too old firmware
MAVIC 3 DH 1000
RC PRO firmware 03.02.0100
App version: 1.12.4
With this RC PRO version drone stopped to transmit RID completely. So clearly its the RC firmware versions that makes the difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr