DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Satellites Home Point

dtzankatian

Reactions
Site
www.drone-photography.gr
Hello there i just want to ask you this my Mavic 3 takes too long to lock the satellites for the home point update. I fly in a open area and also tested in multiple locations when i set up my smart controller in the first configuration i refused this in the location (upper left corner), may this be a problem should i open it and from where? Thank you in advance.

IMG_9887.jpg

Hello there i just want to ask you this my Mavic 3 takes too long to lock the satellites for the home point update. I fly in a open area and also tested in multiple locations when i set up my smart controller in the first configuration i refused this in the location (upper left corner), may this be a problem should i open it and from where?
Lots of users are complaining about the same thing.

• Wow
Reactions: dtzankatian
I see you have an impress stable of drones so this maybe something you‘re fully aware of. GPS satellites are moving very fast ( 2 earths full orbits a day) . When you first start your drone, especially when you are surrounded by trees or buildings, the drone may only capture say 8 or 9 satellites but then within a minute or two, it will pick up more. I think this is normal. Once you get to say 100’ then you’ll pick up many more. Apologies if you already know this.

I see you have an impress stable of drones so this maybe something you‘re fully aware of. GPS satellites are moving very fast ( 2 earths full orbits a day) . When you first start your drone, especially when you are surrounded by trees or buildings, the drone may only capture say 8 or 9 satellites but then within a minute or two, it will pick up more. I think this is normal. Once you get to say 100’ then you’ll pick up many more. Apologies if you already know this.
I compare my M3/SC Pro combo to my Air2S/SC combo and can see that the M3 is much slower in acquiring satellites, like 10 times slower. No doubt about it. DJI must fix this in firmware update as soon as possible - irritating, and potentially dangerous for beginners.

It has been getting worse.

#1 reason not to recommend this drone, thus far. They've fixed other issues, so here's hoping to them getting around to this one as well.

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
So I had to have my Mavic 3 replaced a couple of weeks ago due to a crash. DJI sent me the replacement which was new in the box. The replacement drone has no issues finding the satellites. Usually it’s good to fly in 1-3 minutes. Today, on a cold start the drone had found the satellites before I could power on the smart controller. My original drone took a while to find satellites in the same locations.

So I had to have my Mavic 3 replaced a couple of weeks ago due to a crash. DJI sent me the replacement which was new in the box. The replacement drone has no issues finding the satellites. Usually it’s good to fly in 1-3 minutes. Today, on a cold start the drone had found the satellites before I could power on the smart controller. My original drone took a while to find satellites in the same locations.
Running a newer firmware by any chance?

So if what you're saying, and implying, is true, then a hardware fix did the trick. Dollars to doughnuts that if a hw fix is the only solution, us with the older version are ash out.

Just gotta wait for more info to find out...

Hello there i just want to ask you this my Mavic 3 takes too long to lock the satellites for the home point update. I fly in a open area and also tested in multiple locations when i set up my smart controller in the first configuration i refused this in the location (upper left corner), may this be a problem should i open it and from where? Thank you in advance.

View attachment 142450
We just received an official statement from DJI in which the drone maker acknowledges the DJI Mavic 3 GPS issue and promises us that it will be addressed with a firmware update soon. Read more about it here:
DJI Mavic 3 GPS Issue - Fix With Firmware Update Coming Soon

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost