DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Sharpness Correction with Capture One

Mecan

Reactions
Hey, pilots,
those of you using Capture One can try correcting the poor sharpness in the corners of the image with the Sharpness Falloff feature. BUT ! This feature does not work with the default manufacturer profile.
Select the Olympus M.Zuiko ED 12mm profile and try setting the slider to 250. The Light Falloff value to 20, the Distortion value 70 and more. It's not a miracle, but it's much better. Maybe in the future firmware we will see a lens profile with better lens defect correction...

Last edited:
Reactions: DBP
Hey, pilots,
those of you using Capture One can try correcting the poor sharpness in the corners of the image with the Sharpness Falloff feature. BUT ! This feature does not work with the default manufacturer profile.
Select the Olympus M.Zuiko ED 12mm profile and try setting the slider to 250. The Light Falloff value to 20, the Distortion value 70 and more. It's not a miracle, but it's much better. Maybe in the future firmware we will see a lens profile with better lens defect correction...
It is good to see someone using C1 for processing of the DNG files. I personally have been using C1 for processing my Canon 5D4 raw files for many many years and I've always loved the results. But when it comes to processing DNG files I find C1 not producing the best results. I am getting much more detailed and more pleasing results overall when processing DNG files in Adobe LR. Can't explain it but that's how I feel.

Last edited:
Filmarik - which profile are you using for LR? There doesn’t seem to be one for DJI Mavic 3.
I do not have Mavic 3 but if you are asking about lens profile, DJI usually builds the lens distortion correction profile into the EXIF file of DNG and it is automatically applied by LR. This function is "invisible" and can not be disabled.

Reactions: Richard R
I do not have Mavic 3 but if you are asking about lens profile, DJI usually builds the lens distortion correction profile into the EXIF file of DNG and it is automatically applied by LR. This function is "invisible" and can not be disabled.
Yes, it is a "manufacturer profile" - and in Capture one you can try other profiles similar to the M3 lens you are using (for fullframe 24mm, for Olympus 12mm...) maybe the same option is available in LR. That smooth circular sharpening towards the corners is nice. Not that it can't be applied in Photoshop, just a shortcut.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin