DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Smart Battery Pinout

Ratatoskr

Reactions
Hey there,

I found a efficient mobile Charging Solution for my Thermal Drones. I have powerfull Multi-Channel RC-Chargers and big cost-effective Battery Packs with enough capacity for a whole day of flying. For the Mavic 2 EA i have purchased some cheap Chinese Charging Adapters (without Charger), solder a XT60 plug and go flying.

Because I can't find the Adapters for the M3 standalone without charger, I 3d-printed a prototype by myself.
20221201_194505.jpg

I found a description of the Mavic 2 Smart Battery (Link). The Pinout of the Mavic 3 is similar, except 8 instead of 10 Pins.
M2EA: - - - - IO CC + + + +
M3T: - - - IO CC + + +

Can anyone who owns a Hanatora or similar parallel Third-Party-Charger measure, if all 3 positive and negative pins are powered, when charging. Or is only one needet?
This would be very helpful for me.

Happy flying
Ratatoskr

Can anyone who owns a Hanatora or similar parallel Third-Party-Charger measure, if all 3 positive and negative pins are powered, when charging. Or is only one needet?
I don't know if it helps, but I have a Yx Intelligent Charger for Mavic 2 batteries, and all 4 positive and negative pins are powered. The same on my Hanatora, all 4 pins powered. So it is likely it's the same with the Mavic 3 battery.

Reactions: Ratatoskr
I've successfull build a working Charging Adapter for M3-Batterys. I wired up all 6 Negative/Positive Poles

20221203_131832.jpg
Now I can charge every battery independently with various currents up to the DJI approved max of 88W (=5A / 1C) and have a Storage program to charge directly to 60%.

Next I will build a Charging Crandle for my big 4Ch Chargers

Last edited:
I made some improvements for better stability and fit to my first Single-Connector and it still working fine.

The 4Ch Charging station is also ready to print:
M3T-Charging-Station.png

I will build a first prototype in the next days.

Last edited:
20230902_153930.JPG

I've been using self-made chargers with Powerpack since the days of mav1 a long time ago.

The DJI battery supports surprisingly fast charging speeds. (130wh, mav 3 battery)20230902_154035.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo