DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 The final design or just one of the concepts

Actually the Inspire camera is at the nose of the aircraft just like this. View attachment 114402
I think it’s a neat idea to have the camera raise and lower out of the way of the landing gear.

Let’s be honest if before the inspire somebody said the entire airframe would raise and lower to get out of the way of the camera we’d call him an idiot because it would be so much easier to just raise and lower the camera than have the entire drone transform mid air.

Extending/lowering the camera from the body amplifies the effects of vibration that the gimbal has to control.

Extending/lowering the camera from the body amplifies the effects of vibration that the gimbal has to control.
.I agree absolutely. The question is technical. How strong and rigid the extension mechanism should be and the position of the vibration dampers.

Actually the Inspire camera is at the nose of the aircraft just like this. View attachment 114402
You are correct. It is not centered, but look how low it must be to avoid seeing the frame when rotated. If the arms were not raised, it would still see the landing gears.
This M3 concept is silly. What would be the point of having the camera rotate 360 degrees if you still see the frame or legs? There is no possibility that this design is by DJI.
Anyone can download a model of the Mavic 2 and a competent CAD modeler could modify it to create this concept in a few hours, put it on YouTube and get a million views. They obviously did not think this through. Even with a modest 50 degree vert FOV, they camera would have to be WAY lower to avoid seeing the frame, lower still to avoid the legs and that is not accounting for any tilt of the airframe.

Attachments

• Angle of view.jpg
    Angle of view.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 30
Anyone can download a model of the Mavic 2 and a competent CAD modeler could modify it to create this concept in a few hours
If it’s that simple, where are these dozens of fake concepts with millions of views on YouTube. To be honest, I don’t see in this concept of elements from M1 or M2. 3D was created independently.Except maybe engines (from M1), which indirectly indicates DJI
Concept3.jpg

If it’s that simple, where are these dozens of fake concepts with millions of views on YouTube. To be honest, I don’t see in this concept of elements from M1 or M2. 3D was created independently.Except maybe engines (from M1), which indirectly indicates DJI
View attachment 114438
If you have not learned 3d modeling, you cannot appreciate how easy it is to modify an existing design. That is the beauty of 3d CAD. Once you have created a design, it is trivially easy to modify it. I have been doing 3d CAD design for over 20 years.
Changing an existing model is now a matter of clicking on a surface and dragging it to reshape it.
I cannot believe so many have been fooled by this fake, considering the obvious flaws in the design.

Reactions: Thomas B and Meta4
Changing an existing model is now a matter of clicking on a surface and dragging it to reshape it
I think the person who created this concept model from M1 or M2 with a similar deformation is just a genius. And he has been dealing with 3D modeling for 100 years . Isn't it obvious to you that to create a new design much simpler than to modify something completely different? It's impossible not to admit !

I think the person who created this concept model from M1 or M2 with a similar deformation is just a genius. And he has been dealing with 3D modeling for 100 years . Isn't it obvious to you that to create a new design much simpler than to modify something completely different? It's impossible not to admit !
Ha Ha. I assume you are being sarcastic. Here is a beginners tutorial for Solid Edge, one of the 3d CAD software programs I have used for years.
You can download a complete 3d model of the Mavic 2 Pro for $29.
Blender is a free 3d editing program you can use to create or edit models. Several companies have 3d modeling programs you can download as a trial. Give it a try. It's fun.

Ha Ha. I assume you are being sarcastic.
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you and your experience
I understand that there is no problem to download 3D products. It can even be scanned. But this 3D cannot be easily modified because its structure and format will be alien.
Moreover, most of these formats will only give a faceted structure. With which nothing is created at all. Show me the available model M1 or M2 at least in engineering format. And better with creation parameters.DJI and others will not provide this information so easily.
You know that better than I do. Therefore, I think that this concept is not a modification but the independent work.

This is done already on the Inspire and every other drone besides the Mavic effectively.

In fact one of the issues with the Mavic, and this is a personal pet peeve of mine, is that because the camera is recessed in the fuselage the camera has to pitch down at high speed forward so the gimbal doesn’t hit the top of the drone when the drone is fully pitched forward. Having the gimbal hang down below the fuselage is a better design in my opinion.

Of course this is all speculation but fun to talk about.

DJI currently has a monopoly position, which is not very good for a consumer. I think such concepts are useful for developing competition in this industry. Even if technically they are not fully thought out.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you and your experience
I understand that there is no problem to download 3D products. It can even be scanned. But this 3D cannot be easily modified because its structure and format will be alien.
Moreover, most of these formats will only give a faceted structure. With which nothing is created at all. Show me the available model M1 or M2 at least in engineering format. And better with creation parameters.DJI and others will not provide this information so easily.
You know that better than I do. Therefore, I think that this concept is not a modification but the independent work.
There are both surface models and solid models available for most of the DJI drones. Some are free, the better ones cost a little. Either can be edited.

It will look like skydio X2/ Parrot Anafi.

Even at 70km/h never a propellor in frame even against the wind. That would be a big improvement

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S