DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 updates 01.00.1000

Sir Maxwell Greene

Reactions
Hey y'all, im currently on the following software versions and wondering if an update is worth it:
RC Fly App: 1.9.4
Mavic 3 01.00.1000 / 01.02.0400

I have not updated in some time as i am in the mindset of "if it aint broke".... My Mavic3 works great as it is for my needs, with the odd glitch here and there that i have seen reported on the forums. However, i am seeing that i am short a few frame rates 120fps etc and maybe some additional fixes or tweaks. Any Mavic3 owners out there that can point out some reasons to update?

Seeing as there isnt a comprehensive update log released with firmware updates, i thought i would reach out here from dudes who have already updated.
(I'm not too concerned about RID, as its not an issue here in SE Asia as yet)

Last edited:
I can't see a reason not to update. I'm running the latest firmware on the Mavic 3 Pro and also did on the Mavic 3 I sold last week. No problems.

It's annoying that DJI doesn't do decent release notes, but I suspect there are fixes for small glitches included in each firmware revision. Another minor consideration is that if there's every an incident with lawyers involved, they can't say that the pilot was negligent in not updating per the manufacturer's recommendations.

Reactions: Torque
Agreed on the lack of release notes, there have been so many updates this year and almost no clarity as to 'what' has been updated exactly. Ok sure 3Pro release RID blah blah, but for us classic and tele users, not much said.

I'm not really concerned about 'problems' im sure the firmware is stable-ish lol. Im looking for input on new features and fixes since the 1.9.4 update back in February.

Do not update if you need FCC hack. The version 1100 breaks this hack and since DJI is anti-consumer, they've increased the anti-rollback version with this version as well. So currently, if you update there is no way to revert the firmware back. I literally sold and repurchased a Mavic 3 with older firmware for this reason.

Do not update if you need FCC hack. The version 1100 breaks this hack and since DJI is anti-consumer, they've increased the anti-rollback version with this version as well. So currently, if you update there is no way to revert the firmware back. I literally sold and repurchased a Mavic 3 with older firmware for this reason.
Ah man, thanks for the heads up.
I totally need the FCC hack, wont be upgrading for a bit then yeah.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N