DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 updates imminent?

Not sure what to make of this update from @DealsDrone, but it could be interpreted that an update is near:

View attachment 149110

V01.00.0700

• Added switch to the tele camera in photo mode, includes single shot, AEB, burst and timed shot, supports JPEG, RAW, JPEG+RAW photo format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
• Added switch to the tele camera in video mode, supports 4K@25/30/50fps, 1080p@25/30/50fps format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
• Added HLG for the Hasselblad camera.
• Added 1080p/200fps to Slow Motion when using the Hasselblad camera.
• Added HLG and D-Log to shoot MasterShots and QuickShots (not including Asteroid).
• Digital zoom reaches up to 3x in normal video mode when using the Hasselblad camera.
• Added support to FocusTrack, QuickShots (not including Asteroid), MasterShots, and Hyperlapse for the aircraft when the Wide-Angle Lens is mounted.
• Added ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 LT format to the Hasselblad camera of Mavic 3 Cine.
• Added one-second option to interval time setting when using Hyperlapse on Mavic 3 Cine.
• Added DJI Mavic 3 D-Log to Rec.709 vivid LUT, providing a more vivid color effect. Download the LUT via Mavic 3 - Downloads - DJI.
• Added Nifty option for Bypassing when using APAS 5.0. Refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details.
• Added Reset All Settings and Clear All Data options. Refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details.
• Added support for Japanese RID requirements.
• Increased Home Point refresh rate.
• Optimized the focus performance when recording with the tele camera.
• Optimized the stability of the aircraft when shooting a Hyperlapse.
• Fixed issue: unable to use Hyperlapse when flying near a Flight Altitude Limit Zone.

Me too😀
I didnt test it outside (home point time) but in house i get 8-9 satelites. Before update no chance for that! Cant wait to test it outside.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
They finaly made it! It works. No more problem with home point and loosing satelites. I hope that works for all users now:)

BUT!! I fly 20. meters front from me and push the home button and phone say returning to home,but drone just stay there and didnt go home. Try another time, still didnt come home. Then i turn off remote controller…drone still dont come home…i go to the drone with turned off remote.. the drone didnt loose connection with remote..green lights on drone still on.(no yello blinking)

Then i landed and turn drone off and try again and now all works ok.-strange.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Is airsense working?

Yes it was just alerting me of all manned traffic overhead and that was every jet leaving the airport. didn't miss a one.
I didn't time the gps but Home Point was light years ahead of what my previous firmware performance.
Thumbswayup

BUT!! I fly 20. meters front from me and push the home button and phone say returning to home,but drone just stay there and didnt go home. Try another time, still didnt come home. Then i turn off remote controller…drone still dont come home…i go to the drone with turned off remote.. the drone didnt loose connection with remote..green lights on drone still on.(no yello blinking)
IIRC if its within a certain range from homepoint, I believe 20m? Its not suppose to return home, just land in place. May need to check the manual to verify.

Several are indicating it's corrected the GPS issue.
That's super news, but it's odd how the GPS update is not mentioned in list of items and not by any of the Reviewers as being corrected. Many of these reviewers indicated GPS issues and were waiting themselves for GPS fix.

The FW does includes several new & great enhancements!
Just find it odd the FW for GPS was indicated as 2nd Week of June and it's not listed in the list of corrections & new features.

The DJI Asst 2 quickly and easily updates both the RC Pro & M3. I find that so much more stable & faster than wireless via App & RC.

*** Edited - ***
Well, it was indicated on other post... it has addressed the GPS.

A clip out of above article:
It’s weird that DJI would hide this significant fix in the changelogs, only mentioning “Increases Home Point refresh rate.” However, it does make sense that DJI would like to sweep this problem under the rug and move on to bigger and better things, which we hope they do. Rumors show that DJI is working on releasing the Inspire 3 and new RS3 gimbal in the coming months.

Last edited:
Several are indicating it's corrected the GPS issue.
That's super news, but it's odd how the GPS update is not mentioned in list of items and not by any of the Reviewers as being corrected. Many of these reviewers indicated GPS issues and were waiting themselves for GPS fix.

The FW does includes several new & great enhancements!
Just find it odd the FW for GPS was indicated as 2nd Week of June and it's not listed in the list of corrections & new features.

The DJI Asst 2 quickly and easily updates both the RC Pro & M3. I find that so much more stable & faster than wireless via App & RC.

*** Edited - ***
Well, it was indicated on other post... it has addressed the GPS.

A clip out of above article:
It’s weird that DJI would hide this significant fix in the changelogs, only mentioning “Increases Home Point refresh rate.” However, it does make sense that DJI would like to sweep this problem under the rug and move on to bigger and better things, which we hope they do. Rumors show that DJI is working on releasing the Inspire 3 and new RS3 gimbal in the coming months.
GPS issue was "fixed" in the prior FW update. You can't "fix it" twice without admitting that it wasn't fixed for all the first time! 🤣

Performing all upgrades… My driveway tests were about 1 minute compared to previous ranging 4-7 minute.
Just make sure that the tests are done on a cold boot, as while completing the FW updates, the GPS chip is still active and establishing a home point, such that it won't need to search when you test it immediately after updating. It's a warm boot. However, everyone else is also reporting it is now fixed, too. So, your cold boot results are likely to be the same anyway.

Just make sure that the tests are done on a cold boot, as while completing the FW updates, the GPS chip is still active and establishing a home point, such that it won't need to search when you test it immediately after updating. It's a warm boot. However, everyone else is also reporting it is now fixed, too. So, your cold boot results are likely to be the same anyway.
Yep, aware of cold vs warm.
Had dead batteries, and charge took over an hour.... by the time I tested it was 3+ hrs after M3 being on.

All great news on this front, you guys who know the Mavic in much better detail than I are all positive about the firmware update and thats great to read. One question comes to mind for me on the back of this. If they have now "finished" the basic software for the device to include all expected, plus a few unexpected additions. Does this then leave the way clear for them to subsequently release the SDK ? Thoughts anyone ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones