DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 updates imminent?

V01.00.0700

• Added switch to the tele camera in photo mode, includes single shot, AEB, burst and timed shot, supports JPEG, RAW, JPEG+RAW photo format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
• Added switch to the tele camera in video mode, supports 4K@25/30/50fps, 1080p@25/30/50fps format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
• Added HLG for the Hasselblad camera.
• Added 1080p/200fps to Slow Motion when using the Hasselblad camera.
• Added HLG and D-Log to shoot MasterShots and QuickShots (not including Asteroid).
• Digital zoom reaches up to 3x in normal video mode when using the Hasselblad camera.
• Added support to FocusTrack, QuickShots (not including Asteroid), MasterShots, and Hyperlapse for the aircraft when the Wide-Angle Lens is mounted.
• Added ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 LT format to the Hasselblad camera of Mavic 3 Cine.
• Added one-second option to interval time setting when using Hyperlapse on Mavic 3 Cine.
• Added DJI Mavic 3 D-Log to Rec.709 vivid LUT, providing a more vivid color effect. Download the LUT via Mavic 3 - Downloads - DJI.
• Added Nifty option for Bypassing when using APAS 5.0. Refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details.
• Added Reset All Settings and Clear All Data options. Refer to the Mavic 3 User Manual v1.6 for details.
• Added support for Japanese RID requirements.
• Increased Home Point refresh rate.
• Optimized the focus performance when recording with the tele camera.
• Optimized the stability of the aircraft when shooting a Hyperlapse.
• Fixed issue: unable to use Hyperlapse when flying near a Flight Altitude Limit Zone.
Yeah, not so much........As you can see...correct version and no support for RAW or any of the other stuff they claimed.Screenshot_20220605-063040.jpgScreenshot_20220605-063053.jpgScreenshot_20220605-063120.jpg

Then you didn't update the fly app as well.
You are correct good sir. I did check earlier and it showed it was up to date however I just went back in now upon your recommendation and viola, there it was. Updating now and will report back. This will be great if it's as advertised.

Reactions: c.oberschneider
I'm talking about the Fly app, that's been updated to version 1.6.4.
Everytime I get the message to update the app it says it's downloading in background yet nothing happens. Not sure why it's doing this. You are correct that I am stuck on 1.5.1

If you're using android then its probably not updating anymore and need to reinstall it directly from DJI - DJI Fly - Download Center - DJI
Yep, Android Playstore stopped with FLY App updates about the version you're currently on if I recall.
Since then you need to download direct for DJI.

You mentioned Downloading in the Background... that sounds like a Android.

On a few of my Androids, I noticed it said that... and nothing more on the screen.
If you pull down Androids status window... you can see if it's still downloading or complete. Then select the download and respond to Install.

Anyone having issues with AEB and the telephoto camera? For some reason it does not bracket for me. It just shoots 5 shots with the same exact exposure settings.

Anyone having issues with AEB and the telephoto camera? For some reason it does not bracket for me. It just shoots 5 shots with the same exact exposure settings.
I haven't tried shooting 5, but haven't seen any issue shooting brackets of 3:
i-FKCPpX7-XL.jpg

What camera settings have you been using?

Is airsense working?
my ears work better where I live.. I hear them before airsense gives me a warning besides I have NEVER seen them fly bellow 500 feet but I do see people speeding down the highway on a daily basis! LOL... way over the speed limit is the average around here! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I haven't tried shooting 5, but haven't seen any issue shooting brackets of 3:
i-FKCPpX7-XL.jpg

What camera settings have you been using?
Hmmm my settings seem fine. Not sure what would cause it to shoot 5 of the same exposures. I have shutter and ISO set to manual. Also shooting RAW. Tried a 3 shot bracket and had the same problem.

Update: Alright now its working.. I had to put shutter speed in Auto mode. That seems like it should be bug to me. That's not how AEB works normally.

Last edited:
Yep, Android Playstore stopped with FLY App updates about the version you're currently on if I recall.
Since then you need to download direct for DJI.

You mentioned Downloading in the Background... that sounds like a Android.

On a few of my Androids, I noticed it said that... and nothing more on the screen.
If you pull down Androids status window... you can see if it's still downloading or complete. Then select the download and respond to Install.
So, I feel like a Noob but that was my first mistake. I kinda forgot the whole DJI controlling the updates thing. I mistakenly, I thought that since the App store showed no update.......

Anyway, this presented a whole new set of issues. As DJI falls under the 'unknown app' arena Android will not let you simply download the update in the usual way.

When I was in the app I'd get the typical update message. Every time I clicked to update I'd get the usual downloading in background message. However, it wasn't. As you already posted you have to download the APK directly from DJI. However, even with that process being completed it still won't unpack due to the 'unknown app status'

Here's the weird part where I can hopefully help someone else out. Android allows for an exclusion list from all your apps so you can essentially force an update. By choosing DJI Fly it did nothing and wouldn't let me install the update.

Odd, huh?

It wasn't until I chose the actual download folder and added that to the exclusion list that it finally updated. **** glad I have extensive background on all this nonsense.

Thanks for all the help guys. Everyone is such a great resource here.

Nice. Now hopefully they'll work on improving some flight characteristics. Things are good now but easily within reach of being excellent.

I’m a newby so go easy on me. I just did the update for my M3 and now the camera zoom only goes to 7X, I think it used to go up to 28X. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Think you need to go into explorer mode to get 28x

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13