DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 updates imminent?

Just did the firmware update here via App, went uneventful, Airsense still working as I was alerted to a plane 7000ft up, now to find the off switch :)

V01.00.0700

• Added switch to the tele camera in photo mode, includes single shot, AEB, burst and timed shot, supports JPEG, RAW, JPEG+RAW photo format, and ISO and shutter speed settings.
Any images from the telephoto cam using raw now?

I'm still interested in this bird, but mostly due to this now that I have my EVO II.

Considering the limitations of it's little 1/2 inch sensor with a dinky tele lens, it produces quite reasonable jpg files.
If you really want to shoot dng with it, they'd probably be OK too.
DJI_0391a-X3.jpg

DJI_0691a-X3.jpg

Reactions: KS-6
The new firmware is working well for me. I’d like to see waypoints.
Agree... new FW nice improvement and need Waypoints.
Waypoints won't be til SDK to 3rd Parties, even if virtual stick Waypoints... is still needed for my needs of M3. The M2P continues to serve until M3 gains Waypoints.

I'm still interested in this bird, but mostly due to this now that I have my EVO II.

It is similar to a smartphone photo or older point & shoot camera photo, minus any computational photography. A 1/2" sensor is not half an inch like you might think, it is only 8mm diagonal. It's extremely small and over 7 times smaller than the 4/3 sensor on the main camera. Also at 12MP and F4.4 on that sensor size it is already diffraction limited. Perfectly fine for photos shared on the web or whatever, but it's small enough that you are going to see noise even at base ISO in a RAW file, for example.

So, I feel like a Noob but that was my first mistake. I kinda forgot the whole DJI controlling the updates thing. I mistakenly, I thought that since the App store showed no update.......

Anyway, this presented a whole new set of issues. As DJI falls under the 'unknown app' arena Android will not let you simply download the update in the usual way.

When I was in the app I'd get the typical update message. Every time I clicked to update I'd get the usual downloading in background message. However, it wasn't. As you already posted you have to download the APK directly from DJI. However, even with that process being completed it still won't unpack due to the 'unknown app status'

Here's the weird part where I can hopefully help someone else out. Android allows for an exclusion list from all your apps so you can essentially force an update. By choosing DJI Fly it did nothing and wouldn't let me install the update.

Odd, huh?

It wasn't until I chose the actual download folder and added that to the exclusion list that it finally updated. **** glad I have extensive background on all this nonsense.

Thanks for all the help guys. Everyone is such a great resource here.
Hmmm... that sounds excessively complicated.

My experience updating has gone like this:
  • Go to DJI download page in Chrome, click fly link to download
  • Go to download location with file browser
  • Open downloaded apk file, app installs
Android might complain about Unknown Source depending on your settings, in which case just allow it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet