DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 v.s Mavic 3 Pro - camera module comparison

Thanks! That looks like a new sensor for the 7x tele. Any info for the 3x and 1x sensors?

3X is FC4382.

1X is still L2D-20c, nothing changed.

The new 7X camera still uses the same 1/2" sensor from the old 7X camera in M3. It got a new model #, because of the redesigned optical lens.

Both 1X & 7X use Sony sensors. The sensor used for 3X is made by OmniVision.

1X camera uses Sony IMX272 sensor. The same one used in Panasonic GH5.

Last edited:
The naming of sensor sizes follows an odd system that is hard to make sense of.
Here's an explanation of how it works:

The actual size of the 1/1.3" sensor is 9.mm x 7.2 mm
And the 1" sensor is 13.2mm x 8.8mm

The new camera in the Mavic 3 pro will have a 1/1.3" sensor, which is larger than the 1/2" sensor that's in the Mavic 3's tele camera and smaller than the 1" sensor that you had in the Phantom 4 pro.
This illustration shows the relative sizes of those sensors and the 4/3 sensor in the main camera:
i-7Q97bzd-S.jpg
Thanks!!!

Lets stop all this nonsense with the slight camera variations. Release the SDK for the Classic so we can start using it for mapping.

...and here I was, going back and forth on buying a Mavic 3 Fly more refurb from DJI. This is one of the few times my lack of decision making may have worked in my favor.

I was already interested in the 7x for the different look, but this new one just completely caught me by surprise because I didn't think this would be out that quickly, and not with 3 cameras.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada