DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 vs 2 Field Of View Comparison?

RC5728

Reactions
Hi,

Does anyone have any photos comparing the field of view on the Mavic 3 vs 2?

I'm hoping to upgrade to the Mavic 3 soon, and I read the field of view is wider than the M2, but I haven't been able to find any pictures that demonstrate how much of a difference there is.

Thanks

Does anyone have any photos comparing the field of view on the Mavic 3 vs 2?
Since 28mm and 24 mm lenses have been used in photography for decades, it's easy to find examples of the difference between their coverage
Like this:
00QjxM-69270084.jpg.e52de433b5a2c30aef192fe8d4ca81e3.jpg

Or more details here:

Thanks, so there's no noticeable difference in lens distortion / fisheye effect with the wider FOV?

Thanks, so there's no noticeable difference in lens distortion / fisheye effect with the wider FOV?
What fisheye effect? Never heard of fisheye effect on 24mm lens and I've been shooting with 24mm lens on my DSLR for 20 years. Fisheye lenses are usually around 8mm, AFAIK.

Not at all.
I see that if you google it, you may find someone used that expression, but whoever wrote that has no knowledge at all of what fisheye lenses actually are.
The DJI lens is a normal rectilinear wideangle.
All straight lines in your subject will be rendered straight with the Mavic 3 wideangle lens.
It's a fine lens that just sees a little wider than that on the Mavic 2 pro.

Do you see any "distortion or fisheye" effect here?
i-NZLr5mh-X3.jpg

Or here?
i-mv6wXm3-X4.jpg

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erintse