DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Waypoint mission reproducibility

guzewski

Reactions
I was wondering how reproducible waypoint missions are on the Mavic 3 Classic. I've just started playing around with them and there is some good potential there. I was thinking about running the same mission during two different seasons and somehow merging the results creatively in post.

Anyway, it turns out they are not all that precise. It's still a great feature, but the precision is just not there for some of the fancy stuff I was thinking of. Here's a lame little clip I did as an experiment. I ran the mission twice and overlaid the results. It seems that the precision falls off the closer the subject is, but that's a conclusion from just one experiment. Maybe one can align the clips better in post, but any parallax issues will not be correctable.

GPS location determination will vary based on the available precision of the GPS system.
For a fun mission create one that flies through the goal posts and check that for reproducibility.

GPS location determination will vary based on the available precision of the GPS system.
For a fun mission create one that flies through the goal posts and check that for reproducibility.
I figured that GPS accuracy would play a big part in this, and it's not possible to get that accurate with a GPS. BTW the goal-post test does not actually sound like a lot of fun, but I had considered it for a minute :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum