DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Waypoints question- new 1.00.1000 FW update

jephoto

Reactions
Just updated the RC Pro and M3, trying test out planning a waypoint mission from home.

A couple of YouTube videos that I watched about the new waypoint feature showed that it was easy to create and plan a mission from home. But it doesn’t appear to be letting me do that without the drone in the air.

If I hit the “+” symbol, a waypoint icon in the planner pops up, but nothing on the map. If I hit the C1 button I get “ aircraft not in flight. Unable to add waypoint“ Not letting me plan a mission from home.
on each waypoint symbol in the planner I can specify all the parameters for each point- but I don’t see them on the map.

My ac firmware is 01.00.100. And RC few is 3.01.1200. But DJI Fly app is 1.9.0 Is the app version correct?

Check this video -
Yep. Did that. An icon with a number - 1,2,3 etc. appears in the setup menu, and I can adjust all the parameters - but no Waypoint is visible on the map.
I posted this identical question in several places just to cast a wide net to find the answer.....hopefully that won't bug anyone.

There are different ways to setup a waypoints mission.
1 - if yr drone is on the ground, then u set waypoints on the map by tapping the point on the map where u want the waypoint or poi.
2 - if yr drone is in the air then u fly to point where u want a waypoint, set the camera angle & click C1
there does seem to be a number of bugs, so I wouldn’t swet if yr having problems, hopefully DJI will make an update soon.

Just updated the RC Pro and M3, trying test out planning a waypoint mission from home.

A couple of YouTube videos that I watched about the new waypoint feature showed that it was easy to create and plan a mission from home. But it doesn’t appear to be letting me do that without the drone in the air.

If I hit the “+” symbol, a waypoint icon in the planner pops up, but nothing on the map. If I hit the C1 button I get “ aircraft not in flight. Unable to add waypoint“ Not letting me plan a mission from home.
on each waypoint symbol in the planner I can specify all the parameters for each point- but I don’t see them on the map.

My ac firmware is 01.00.100. And RC few is 3.01.1200. But DJI Fly app is 1.9.0 Is the app version correct?
I would say there's a few bugs with this release. Not getting your problem but others like the inter-connecting lines not showing up plus others. I exit and then start over. This seems to help but it can be intermittent. At other times it works perfectly ... ?
Correction: I did get a problem with the POI not showing up also.

I was really excited for this update, and on the YouTube videos where people are explaining it. It seemed perfect. But of course they always do… Oh well. Have to wait for another update while they work out the bugs. But I’ll keep trying. The weather is too crappy here to actually go out and fly right now but as soon as it does, I’ll try it with it up in the air.

I was really excited for this update, and on the YouTube videos where people are explaining it. It seemed perfect. But of course they always do… Oh well. Have to wait for another update while they work out the bugs. But I’ll keep trying. The weather is too crappy here to actually go out and fly right now but as soon as it does, I’ll try it with it up in the air.

My AC firmware is 01.00.0300 {Mavic 3 Classic} and the RC firmware is the same as yours.
I updated both.
PS: I tested loss of signal and it did a RTH correctly and landed. Also killed the battery and it also did a RTH on it's own !
Fly App version = 1.9.0

Last edited:
*****UPDATE*******
It worked today. Don't know why. I did nothing different than I did multiple times yesterday, other than turn it all off and go to bed....
But I just fired them both up and planned a Waypoint mission for a nearby Nature Park, and saved it.
Weather still pretty crappy so may or may not actually fly today, but relieved that it's working.....

I wonder if yesterday when I first tried to start the plan by hitting the C-1 button and then the plus button it just got stuck in the "can't do that until you are in the air" mode - even though I had restarted the AC and Controller a few times.
weird,,,,

I do have another question - Can we edit the position of a waypoint once its set?
Or do you have to delete it and make a new one? And if you delete it then the new point would go to the end of the line - I would think.
In planning from home even with the Sattellite view on the map its hard to tell if you are far enough back or ascending above the trees on the way to the next Waypoint. It would be nice if we can grab a point and drag it to a different place.

Last edited:
*****UPDATE*******
It worked today. Don't know why. I did nothing different than I did multiple times yesterday, other than turn it all off and go to bed....
But I just fired them both up and planned a Waypoint mission for a nearby Nature Park, and saved it.
Weather still pretty crappy so may or may not actually fly today, but relieved that it's working.....

I wonder if yesterday when I first tried to start the plan by hitting the C-1 button and then the plus button it just got stuck in the "can't do that until you are in the air" mode - even though I had restarted the AC and Controller a few times.
weird,,,,

I do have another question - Can we edit the position of a waypoint once its set?
Or do you have to delete it and make a new one? And if you delete it then the new point would go to the end of the line - I would think.
In planning from home even with the Sattellite view on the map its hard to tell if you are far enough back or ascending above the trees on the way to the next Waypoint. It would be nice if we can grab a point and drag it to a different place.
Mine worked offline from the start, here is a waypoints video at 2x speed

Reactions: jephoto
I recently Updated to the latest firmware, but all of my waypoint options are in metric. I contacted DJI and was told that "would be fixed in the next update sorry". No date available. How can this be acceptable? This was already posted but haven't seen any response so I may have done it wrong...

Mine worked offline from the start, here is a waypoints video at 2x speed

Really Nice job Yorkie -
-were you steering manually or did you set poi points at certain points? Because you had that first "spotlight" on the highway, then it slowly rotated to left, flew laterally for a bit and swung around & flew more or less forward towards home.
Looks good.
And what MPH did you set it for? Did you speed it up because it made the traffic more interesting or did you feel the original setting speed was too slow?
Seems like a lot of the samples I've seen online people always set it at a slow speed & then realize they need to go faster....

I still haven't had a chance to fly since the update. Weather in Chicago has been gross - gray and wet until today when it was 11º when I got up. Not going to get better this week either.... expecting a crapload of snow. Oh well....

Reactions: yorkie9668
Really Nice job Yorkie -
-were you steering manually or did you set poi points at certain points? Because you had that first "spotlight" on the highway, then it slowly rotated to left, flew laterally for a bit and swung around & flew more or less forward towards home.
Looks good.
And what MPH did you set it for? Did you speed it up because it made the traffic more interesting or did you feel the original setting speed was too slow?
Seems like a lot of the samples I've seen online people always set it at a slow speed & then realize they need to go faster....

I still haven't had a chance to fly since the update. Weather in Chicago has been gross - gray and wet until today when it was 11º when I got up. Not going to get better this week either.... expecting a crapload of snow. Oh well....
Basically I set the waypoints and poi's on my RC before leaving home, the first 2 parts are pointing to a POI on the motorway, then the next 3 parts are directed to a POI of the Biker's Cafe, and the last part a POI back where I set off.
Once set and uploaded to the M3 it even starts the rotors and launches itself and heads to Waypoint 1 and starts recording.
13m/ps then speeded up to 2x in editing, yes my first attempt was oh so sloooooooow lol
Saves me giving the sticks poor motion, thanks for the response

Reactions: dmathis
I see - the Biker's cafe was far enough in the distance that traveling between points made it appear you were just traveling laterally. Anyway, nicely done. Can't wait to play with it.

Reactions: yorkie9668
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme