DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Wet Suit takes on a brutal sheets of Rain

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
With No Power in the city , tornadoes running an 11 mile course and brutal sheets of rain coming down I took the Mavic 3 geared up with the Wet Suit to capture the Mayhem.

It was touch an go with the winds as I used the side of the house awning to shield the mavic 3 when it got spooky. The Storm would leave us without power for several days, , the Tornado ran for 11 miles an was considered a E1 based on the damage caused.

Full video is posted on our website :

The Mavic 3 took the Rain like a champ but those Winds got spooky and I kept the drone protected behind a barrier, notice the wind was only coming 1 way so I got lucky or otherwise the drone would have been smashed to pieces against the house.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain, Capture the Mayhem.

Last edited:
Reactions: GFields
Good job! But honestly, I can't see flying in this type of weather. At least not for the type of work I do.

Took me a hot minute to figure out what you meant by Rain Coat , lol
So yes we do have the RC Cinematic Pod Covers which also act as a Rain Cover for the controller.

Its safer to fly in the Rain when your protected by a car, garage, patio umbrella so we dont push the rain covers as much as we do the Cinematic Pods that allow for precise smooth flying as well as rain protection.

2024-08-10_12h38_05.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
My original idea was to try to spot the Tornado in the sky as that would have been Epic , but nothing showed up in my view worth taking the drone up for , but I was ready for the risk of life and drone. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the water, and Capture the Twister in the sky.

Last edited:
Reactions: VanP
I understand the idea of a raincoat. But you never left the house. You could’ve just filmed the same thing by standing on your deck with a regular phone and not subjected the drone to all the water.

I understand the idea of a raincoat. But you never left the house. You could’ve just filmed the same thing by standing on your deck with a regular phone and not subjected the drone to all the water.
True , but my job is to always test the drone to see at what point it might fail, and get another storm in the books.

this one was wicked , and the wet suit an drone was 100% success and surpasses sheets of rain an 100 mph winds , how cool is that ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly thru sheets of rain

True , but my job is to always test the drone to see at what point it might fail, and get another storm in the books.

this one was wicked , and the wet suit an drone was 100% success and surpasses sheets of rain an 100 mph winds , how cool is that ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly thru sheets of rain

The drone experienced 100 mph wind during that flight? That doesn't seem likely.

So the drone and wetsuit weren't seeing 100 mph wind.

Sustained winds of up to 75 with gusts over 100 mph Tuesday afternoon, heavy rain and high winds traveled across Northeast Ohio, leaving a wake of destruction and around 470,000 people without power.

This Storm took the Mavic 3 geared up with the Wet Suit to Legend Status along with Mavic 2 , the Air 3 which all got thu some Extreme weather events this year,. , Were super excited to see what comes Next.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water, Capture the Storm, and get through sheets of pouring rain !!

Yes, there may have been 100 mph gusts in exposed locations within the forecast area at some time. But the drone with the wetsuit were sheltered from the wind and did not experience and "surpass" 100 mph winds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n