DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 zoom camera issue while zooming in

igorka007

Reactions
Good day!

My mavic 3 had a issue with the zoom camera after the latest 0600 update. When switching to 7x, the picture becomes blurry and no longer zooms in... Firmware update and downgrade does not help. But all the same, periodically the zoom camera starts up and works fine. This problem started to appear after update 0600, before that everything worked fine.

This issue is covered in more detail on the official forum - DJI Mavic 3 Zoom Issue while zooming in

Video of issue -
vid1.mp4

Does anyone have this issue with zoom camera?

Good day!

My mavic 3 had a issue with the zoom camera after the latest 0600 update. When switching to 7x, the picture becomes blurry and no longer zooms in... Firmware update and downgrade does not help. But all the same, periodically the zoom camera starts up and works fine. This problem started to appear after update 0600, before that everything worked fine.

This issue is covered in more detail on the official forum - DJI Mavic 3 Zoom Issue while zooming in

Video of issue -
vid1.mp4

Yes, same behaviour with my M3. I was thinking I'm the only one with this problem.

Yes, same behaviour with my M3. I was thinking I'm the only one with this problem.
Did you write about this issue to DJI support?

Do you have a combo set or a basic version of mavic 3?

I have the basic version of mavic 3. After several months of using the battery out of the box, I purchased another one original dji battery. I don't have a charging station from the combo kit...I charge the batteries directly by plugin to the drone. Maybe I'm wrong, but I noticed that the problem with the zoom camera occurs after I change the batteries while charging. Perhaps, if you charge the batteries through the docking station (without connecting to the drone), there will be no problem with the zoom camera. Can you test this if you have a charging hub?

Everything worked well earlier and I don’t understand what the problem is with the zoom camera ... firmware? battery? something else?

These are some answers of DJI support to my requests.
All this makes me very sad.

1a.JPG

1b.JPG

Last edited:

I have the basic version of mavic 3. After several months of using the battery out of the box, I purchased another one original dji battery. I don't have a charging station from the combo kit...I charge the batteries directly by plugin to the drone. Maybe I'm wrong, but I noticed that the problem with the zoom camera occurs after I change the batteries while charging. Perhaps, if you charge the batteries through the docking station (without connecting to the drone), there will be no problem with the zoom camera. Can you test this if you have a charging hub?

Everything worked well earlier and I don’t understand what the problem is with the zoom camera ... firmware? battery? something else?

View attachment 147320

View attachment 147321
I have the combo, so I only charge with the charging station. I do everything by the book, so I'm sure it is a s/w issue with the drone. Too many pilots have reported the same problem to be an isolated occurrence. Guess who is the guinea pig for DJI now?

I have the combo, so I only charge with the charging station. I do everything by the book, so I'm sure it is a s/w issue with the drone. Too many pilots have reported the same problem to be an isolated occurrence. Guess who is the guinea pig for DJI now?
This is strange... but the zoom camera on my drone has been working flawlessly for the last 2 days. Amazing things are happening with this drone.

You may have got one of the good ones😫

I don’t lose hope to bring the zoom camera back to life and I noticed this sequence, but maybe it's just a coincidence...))

I use an ios device to control the drone. When the zoom camera stops working again, I turn off the drone and remote control, change the iOS device to android device... And a miracle happens, the zoom camera starts working... I turn off the drone with the remote control again and change the android device to iOS device... Zoom camera starts working well, but it's temporary solution. I've been doing this for the last 5 attempts and it always works.

Try to do the same, maybe it help.

I don’t lose hope to bring the zoom camera back to life and I noticed this sequence, but maybe it's just a coincidence...))

I use an ios device to control the drone. When the zoom camera stops working again, I turn off the drone and remote control, change the iOS device to android device... And a miracle happens, the zoom camera starts working... I turn off the drone with the remote control again and change the android device to iOS device... Zoom camera starts working well, but it's temporary solution. I've been doing this for the last 5 attempts and it always works.

Try to do the same, maybe it help.
I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Tried that idea, and it didn't work. Fizzer, I guess I got the lemon🍋
Since today, my zoom camera does not turn on at all. It looks like the theory with the change of android / ios devices is just a coincidence.
So, there are only 2 of us in this thread of the forum ... it seems that other mavic 3 owners have no problems with the zoom camera.

No, I don't agree, there are others out there with the same problem, they just haven't notified or know yet. Fortunately I have a MA2 as well, because the M3 is not compatible with Dronelink & Maven (yet). Dji has contacted me with a possible solution, but it is a little complicated & I need time to think it through. In the meantime keep dronin' buddy. 🤔

I just bought a Mavic 3. Just unpacked it and did the required steps to link it to the DJI RC Pro. Everything seems fine (it flies, it takes pictures and videos)... BUT I CANNOT ZOOM in photo mode. I can. zoom fine in video mode, but when I am in photo mode none of the methods to zoom (tap on screen, zoom with two fingers touching screen, rotate zoom dial) works. Does anybody have a suggestion on something I could try to troubleshoot?

I just bought a Mavic 3. Just unpacked it and did the required steps to link it to the DJI RC Pro. Everything seems fine (it flies, it takes pictures and videos)... BUT I CANNOT ZOOM in photo mode. I can. zoom fine in video mode, but when I am in photo mode none of the methods to zoom (tap on screen, zoom with two fingers touching screen, rotate zoom dial) works. Does anybody have a suggestion on something I could try to troubleshoot?
Same here. Apparently zoom only works in video mode. But why would you want to zoom when taking pictures anyway? You can crop in post.

Good day!

Video of issue -
vid1.mp4

My zoom was working fine the last time I flew the drone, but now it won’t work…. Frustrating!

View attachment 147320

View attachment 147321
I purchased just the drone by itself. I then purchased the extra 2 batteries and the charging hub off Amazon separately.

I use only the hub to charge the batteries. I have NOT experienced this particular issue. I am currently completely updated with everything. I'm using the RCN1 in the USA.

I purchased just the drone by itself. I then purchased the extra 2 batteries and the charging hub off Amazon separately.

I use only the hub to charge the batteries. I have NOT experienced this particular issue. I am currently completely updated with everything. I'm using the RCN1 in the USA.
I did not contact DJI. I do have the extra battery and charging hub and I charge the batteries both ways, ( hub and drone ) with no difference. I flew the drone a couple weeks ago with no problem but when I flew it Friday, the zoom dial on the controller did not work. I need to check for an update on the controller app itself.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54