DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC 3

What picture? There is nothing physically visible. When you power down the drone, the gimbal centers and "mildly" locks in place. The 1st 2 Mavic 3's I had needed a fair amount of force to move it out of the locked position. My current one needs onky a mild bump or movement to free up. Sometimes it unlocks vertically, but is still locked horizontally. It's simply a motion hold, that keeps it in the center position. There is nothing to see or take a picture of.

What picture? There is nothing physically visible. When you power down the drone, the gimbal centers and "mildly" locks in place. The 1st 2 Mavic 3's I had needed a fair amount of force to move it out of the locked position. My current one needs onky a mild bump or movement to free up. Sometimes it unlocks vertically, but is still locked horizontally. It's simply a motion hold, that keeps it in the center position. There is nothing to see or take a picture of.
There was a foam u shaped piece that went behind the gimble, on the M3, I see that some people don't like the new Gimbal cover on the M3P?
Thanks oman

Yep, slightly different design than the foam that comes on Mavuc 3/Mavic 3 Classic. I used the one for Mini 3 Pro, to hold the gimbal while mounting the cover. Perhaps twice. The problem with using foam behind the gimbal is that it's easy to forget it's there; its not apparent when you put the drone on the ground and power it up. I had enough challenge remembering to take plastic gimbal covers off. I've already seen several videos that the YouTuber forgot itt was there and got a "Gimbal Overloaded" message. That would be me. While some folks would always rememberit's there, I am not one of those people.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Yep, slightly different design than the foam that comes on Mavuc 3/Mavic 3 Classic. I used the one for Mini 3 Pro, to hold the gimbal while mounting the cover. Perhaps twice. The problem with using foam behind the gimbal is that it's easy to forget it's there; its not apparent when you put the drone on the ground and power it up. I had enough challenge remembering to take plastic gimbal covers off. I've already seen several videos that the YouTuber forgot itt was there and got a "Gimbal Overloaded" message. That would be me. While some folks would always rememberit's there, I am not one of those people.
This would be me too, I did also consider using the foam bit that arrives with the Mavic 3 drone, however, i travel extensively with my drone in a small case from china- only using the bra/ mask that is supplied with the drone.. Extensively i mean planes, trains, + motorbikes across Bali, Thailand Cambodia for the last 6 months and have had zero notifications or worries about the gimble getting damaged. I use the drone daily for work btw.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-12 at 11.14.36 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-12 at 11.14.36 AM.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 6
Can someone post a picture of the so called Gimbal Lock for the Mavic 3 ?
The foam piece is not a gimbal lock.
It's packaging for shipping and not meant for owners to use.
The gimbal lock for the original Mavic 3 was an invisible feature as described in post #2 .

This is not necessary on the Mavic 3 pro because the wider gimbal bracket is held by cutouts in the gimbal cover.
i-WGNVJZh-M.jpg

I see that some people don't like the new Gimbal cover on the M3P?
It's not that bad, it's just different.

Mine actually doesn't slot in. It's jangles kinda loosely inside.

Attachments

• 20230612_153754.jpg
    20230612_153754.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 20
This would be me too, I did also consider using the foam bit that arrives with the Mavic 3 drone, however, i travel extensively with my drone in a small case from china- only using the bra/ mask that is supplied with the drone.. Extensively i mean planes, trains, + motorbikes across Bali, Thailand Cambodia for the last 6 months and have had zero notifications or worries about the gimble getting damaged. I use the drone daily for work btw.
Yes this is the the foam piece I was talking about, so this is what it ships with , and thats all it was used for and I don't use it after that. I just use the cover without the foam piece ?
Thanks Oman

Last edited:
This would be me too, I did also consider using the foam bit that arrives with the Mavic 3 drone, however, i travel extensively with my drone in a small case from china- only using the bra/ mask that is supplied with the drone.. Extensively i mean planes, trains, + motorbikes across Bali, Thailand Cambodia for the last 6 months and have had zero notifications or worries about the gimble getting damaged. I use the drone daily for work btw

Yes this is the the foam piece I was talking about, so this what it ships with , and thats all it was used for and I don't use it after that. I just use the cover without the foam piece ?

Yes this is the the foam piece I was talking about, so this is what it ships with , and thats all it was used for and I don't use it after that. I just use the cover without the foam piece ?
Thanks Oman
Yeah just use the muzzle/ bra looking thing. Works just fine for me.

Yes this is the the foam piece I was talking about, so this what it ships with , and thats all it was used for and I don't use it after that. I just use the cover without the foam piece ?
Yeah just use the muzzle/ bra looking thing. Works just fine for me.
Thank you for your time , I would love to go to Bali and Thailand.
Stay well
Oman

Reactions: Sir Maxwell Greene
DEFINITELY don't try and utilize the foam shipping insert. Its tempting but not designed for operator use, only shipping and would be quite easy to forget that you have it on. That could potentially cause you some money and at the least, unneeded wear and tear on the gimbal motor.
Save that piece of foam and toss it in the box and then its there to SHIP correctly when needed.

DEFINITELY don't try and utilize the foam shipping insert. Its tempting but not designed for operator use, only shipping and would be quite easy to forget that you have it on. That could potentially cause you some money and at the least, unneeded wear and tear on the gimbal motor.
Save that piece of foam and toss it in the box and then its there to SHIP correctly when needed.
Yeah I already forgot it once, in the box for shipping use. Checked gimble calibration, everything okay.
Thanks oman

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB