DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3

I doubt they'd be pleased to pay you $150+/hr to fly a drone that looks like a toy.
As I said before, the client is paying for the end result, not the equipment used to get to it. Having an expensive drone doesn’t guarantee a great result - it’s more about the skill of the operator than the cost and appearance of the drone.

As I said before, the client is paying for the end result, not the equipment used to get to it. Having an expensive drone doesn’t guarantee a great result - it’s more about the skill of the operator than the cost and appearance of the drone.
Maybe that's what it's supposed to be, but you see, some people want to get something that looks like what they paid for. Unless they want you to fly a spy misson of some sort, and want the drone not to seem like a professional, then maybe. It's just like if you're purchasing a car meant to do heavy work. You'll more likely purchase a big f350 or something as opposed to a small truck, capable of handling the work, but not looking fit for the job. Unless, for some reason, you need a small vehicle, odds are, you'll go for the f350 if both vehicles are priced the same.

Reactions: NAVMAV
My Mini has paid for itself many times over with multiple repeat bookings, the clients don't seem to care about my "toy". It's like they are paying for the results, go figure.

Reactions: maelstrom
I wonder what the MA3 will have over the MA2, just in case?

Enchanced zoom? Stronger Ocusync? New activetrack selections? More hyperlapse choices? Improved body and design?

Ah, to speculate is ....... torture ?

Better camera specs I would imagine.

Reactions: RichieFromBoston
Unless, for some reason, you need a small vehicle, odds are, you'll go for the f350 if both vehicles are priced the same.
I would agree if both were priced the same. But in the case of the drones, one (the Mini 2) is significantly cheaper but does essentially the same job. If appearance is more important to you, then go for the expensive drone. However, for most clients, the end result is much more important than how you achieve it.

Maybe that's what it's supposed to be, but you see, some people want to get something that looks like what they paid for. Unless they want you to fly a spy misson of some sort, and want the drone not to seem like a professional, then maybe. It's just like if you're purchasing a car meant to do heavy work. You'll more likely purchase a big f350 or something as opposed to a small truck, capable of handling the work, but not looking fit for the job. Unless, for some reason, you need a small vehicle, odds are, you'll go for the f350 if both vehicles are priced the same.
Amateurs think this, fun time working professionals simply know better.

Reactions: Malcx
Amateurs think this, full time working professionals simply know better...

Ok lets re kick this dead horse. ANYONE have an idea if or when a new mavic might drop? I need to either buy another MP2 or get the 3. thanks in advance

I'm a seasoned pro who's been using - and is still using - the P4P+ for aerial filming and photography. To us, it's portable and has been on assignments overseas for the past few years. And we've just got the Mini 2 a few weeks ago for when we need to travel ultra light.

Have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the Mini 2 is capable of output for professional use. The equipment is just above the line for what's required. It's then down to how you use it to get the very best results, which is easier said than done as with every kind of equipment.

I don't wish to be rude or offensive in any way, but one or two comments above are silly when they claim that the Mini 2 is not for professional use. I've worked in several tricky countries - Somalia, to name just one - and there will be an increasing number of photojournalists using this tiny and inexpensive drone when it might be confiscated or shot down, to get footage for the 24-hour news channels. And that's just one pro use.

If anyone doubts what I'm saying, then do a Google or YouTube search. I've watched one in-depth comparison between the Mini 2 and Inspire 2, which you might think is a non-starter. Think again. The difference in output isn't as much as you might think. And when you factor in the all-important issue of best light, it gets difficult to sort out one drone from the other.

We're still putting the Mini 2 through a lengthy series of tests to assess what we can and cannot get under varying circumstances. We work to high standards, albeit not for the big screen where greater resolution is obviously required. We've been impressed by this incredibly small drone and it is performing exactly as we had expected, having first done our homework.

I'm a seasoned pro who's been using - and is still using - the P4P+ for aerial filming and photography. To us, it's portable and has been on assignments overseas for the past few years. And we've just got the Mini 2 a few weeks ago for when we need to travel ultra light.

Have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the Mini 2 is capable of output for professional use. The equipment is just above the line for what's required. It's then down to how you use it to get the very best results, which is easier said than done as with every kind of equipment.

I don't wish to be rude or offensive in any way, but one or two comments above are silly when they claim that the Mini 2 is not for professional use. I've worked in several tricky countries - Somalia, to name just one - and there will be an increasing number of photojournalists using this tiny and inexpensive drone when it might be confiscated or shot down, to get footage for the 24-hour news channels. And that's just one pro use.

If anyone doubts what I'm saying, then do a Google or YouTube search. I've watched one in-depth comparison between the Mini 2 and Inspire 2, which you might think is a non-starter. Think again. The difference in output isn't as much as you might think. And when you factor in the all-important issue of best light, it gets difficult to sort out one drone from the other.

We're still putting the Mini 2 through a lengthy series of tests to assess what we can and cannot get under varying circumstances. We work to high standards, albeit not for the big screen where greater resolution is obviously required. We've been impressed by this incredibly small drone and it is performing exactly as we had expected, having first done our homework.
Nice

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78