DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3s?

Pilot Zeg

Reactions
Does anyone think that the M3 is going to be quickly updated with a M3s model? The same scenario as what happened with the Air 2 and then the Air 2s being released a couple months later?

Reactions: Droniac
Does anyone think that the M3 is going to be quickly updated with a M3s model? The same scenario as what happened with the Air 2 and then the Air 2s being released a couple months later?
I was thinking the same in my idle time at work today. Should would frustrating to spend all that money then have a newer/upgraded version shortly after.

The M3 isn't out yet is it? How in the world are we discussing a 3s and there isn't even a release of the 3 yet?

The M3 isn't out yet is it? How in the world are we discussing a 3s and there isn't even a release of the 3 yet?
Well, do you recall the MA2 and MA2s release? If not: MA2 was released and then a few months later the MA2s was released. Unfortunately that was me: I splurged in the MA2 and didn’t want to upgrade to MA2s. So I just don’t want to be butt hurt again if DJI is potentially planning this..

Well, do you recall the MA2 and MA2s release? If not: MA2 was released and then a few months later the MA2s was released. Unfortunately that was me: I splurged in the MA2 and didn’t want to upgrade to MA2s. So I just don’t want to be butt hurt again if DJI is potentially planning this..
It was 3 or so weeks less than a year between releases.

My point exactly. This is why I am considering holding out for a couple months and maybe you people should do the same, if you want the latest and greatest :p
Striving for the latest and greatest will either leave you with buying each and every product thrown on the market or with not buying anything since you are always waiting for something new to come. Your choice :)

Thanks for the advice
The Mavic 3 is meant to be a flagship drone for DJI. It won't be replaced in rapid fashion unless another drone company pushes the boundaries of what is possible and forces an upgrade to keep up. I think you can buy one with confidence once the reviews confirm that the Mavic 3 is everything it purports to be.

Reactions: Pilot Zeg
It was pretty much a year, and nobody could have predicted a 2s before it was announced. Same here, nobody can know if there'll be something better a year later, and even if there was that's a year you don't get to using what's currently the best thing...

This isn't explicitly a Pro
Even if it's not in the name (which we don't know yet...) it's still going to be the replacement for the M2 that came out all the way in 2018...

Last edited:
I was thinking the same in my idle time at work today. Should would frustrating to spend all that money then have a newer/upgraded version shortly after.
I had the Air2 for a few months before the Air2s came out. I'm glad it did - man what an upgrade. Bought the A2s, sold the A2, and am happier with a far better drone. For heaven's sake, don't be mad when companies are innovating and improving products.

It's highly unlikely.

First, they did not do anything like this with the Mavic 2 lineup.

Second, what could they reasonably add to it without making significant changes to the core design? The spec sheet already reads like a wish list and has 'large' sensors with 2 cameras

Third, when these things happen, typically it's with cheaper lower-end products that are easier to change.

I think you might see an Enterprise variant or other similar variants for specialized purposes, but I would be shocked if they did anything that made you regret your purchase only a few months later.

My point exactly. This is why I am considering holding out for a couple months and maybe you people should do the same, if you want the latest and greatest :p
A couple of months is not a year! If the M3 offers a great drone for the specs, why wait and think DJI will come out with an updated model. Dual cameras and the "40 minute" battery is going to be hard to beat with something new and improved in such a short time.

I'm not in a hurry to buy the M3 anyway. Love my Air2 and it does what I've needed for a year and a half. The M3 may be all that and a bag of chips, but with current supply line issues esp in the US - the M3 will probably be gobbled up quickly by those who have to have the latest and greatest or business folks who want / need the cameras and flight time (not me). I like to wait a couple of months to let the bugs shake out anyway.

Point taken B.Al, I’m personally waiting for M4p so there is an optical zoom that’s integral, and a few other things I can think of. 😳. In the meanwhile my M2P will hopefully soar well as per usually. It also gives me 6 years to save in my piggy bank. I’m happy living for the day. Tomorrow only seems to bring more flight restrictions. Lol. Godspeed, Droniac

A couple of months is not a year! If the M3 offers a great drone for the specs, why wait and think DJI will come out with an updated model. Dual cameras and the "40 minute" battery is going to be hard to beat with something new and improved in such a short time.

I'm not in a hurry to buy the M3 anyway. Love my Air2 and it does what I've needed for a year and a half. The M3 may be all that and a bag of chips, but with current supply line issues esp in the US - the M3 will probably be gobbled up quickly by those who have to have the latest and greatest or business folks who want / need the cameras and flight time (not me). I like to wait a couple of months to let the bugs shake out anyway.
The price point is my stumbling block. Not because I don’t have the funds. For ME, not certain it’s worth it. It’s a jump up in price even for what is offered which we still don’t know how wondrous it is. Confabulation is fun until I’m spinning my wheels too much. Refer back to BigAl post. Godspeed, Droniac

Reactions: Rchawks
Integral with the increased zoom capabilities…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc