DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 4 hits the FCC.

DARKSeifer

Reactions
So the release of the M4 is finally there, shortly coming after the Air3S.

Two models on release and a battery of 99.5Wh, way more than the M3.

1728900833194.jpeg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: mavic3usa
"DJI is trying to hide the FCC names but it doesn't matter"

Is hiding FCC names even a thing? Furthermore, DJI has never done this in the past.

DJI is registering names of new products named the "JV31" and "JV32". While this FCC registration does appear to be some type of drone (the label location sketch looks like a drone), I'm not convinced it's the Mavic 4.

"DJI is trying to hide the FCC names but it doesn't matter"

Is hiding FCC names even a thing? Furthermore, DJI has never done this in the past.

DJI is registering names of new products named the "JV31" and "JV32". While this FCC registration does appear to be some type of drone (the label location sketch looks like a drone), I'm not convinced it's the Mavic 4.

It is, many companies have been using codenames in the FCC, like Amazon with the kindles for example.

It has sense in order to not jeopardize the launch sales of the Air3S (which is released tomorrow) by “announcing” the M4 just before the launch.

It can be no other drone than the M4 launching with two possible gimbals/camera configurations.

1728908036412.png

Last edited:
I think its the Mavic 4 ! this won't be the first evidence I have seen or heard about a before the holiday release of the 4.
I have no inside info that anyone else could have really. just seems like DJI is getting set to release a Drone. I.M.O.

so if we count the number of days between fcc on the Mavic 4 and the air 3s and add it to tomorrow, does that give us a rough idea of Mavic 4 launch date?

roughly +1 month

Reactions: Cafguy
I am most likely going to purchase the Air 3s. I suspect the Mavic 4 to have a large price tag and can't imagine that it will do much more than the Air 3s.

Reactions: sarahb
Difference is in the gimbal, so I'll bet this is the Mavic 4 2-camera and Pro 3-camera right out the gate, not the cine.

And does the cine version require a separate FCC certification? Probably...

And does the cine version require a separate FCC certification?
I think it might depend on whether or not the aircraft itself is different. DJI has filed more than one aircraft under the same FCC filing before (for example).

I am most likely going to purchase the Air 3s
I have decided to pass on the Air 3s. As it turns out, it does not have a variable aperture. I'll wait to see what the Mavic 4 has to offer and for how much $. I may just pick up a Mavic 3 Pro as the prices drop on them

Reactions: tonyack and sarahb
I think it might depend on whether or not the aircraft itself is different. DJI has filed more than one aircraft under the same FCC filing before (for example).

Yeah, I wonder what constitutes a changed triggering a separate cert. It seems unnecessary overkill to make a distinction based on the size of an integrated microsd card.

But then, this is gubmint...

I am most likely going to purchase the Air 3s. I suspect the Mavic 4 to have a large price tag and can't imagine that it will do much more than the Air 3s.
Hopefully it will have a much better camera than the Mavic 3 Pro that I'm currently using. The M3 is fine for video but I do mostly stills and it's borderline acceptable for me. Would love it to have a 40MP S35 camera with interchangeable lenses but that's probably too much to ask. Even a fixed 24mm equivalent with a 40+MP S35 sensor would be great improvement for my work. There is a nice gap to fill between the M3 and the Inspire, so let's hope it's a big step for pros that just don't need all the Inspire offers.

So yes, I think it will be quite a bit more advanced than the Air 3s, if you need those features.

Hopefully it will have a much better camera than the Mavic 3 Pro that I'm currently using. The M3 is fine for video but I do mostly stills and it's borderline acceptable for me. Would love it to have a 40MP S35 camera with interchangeable lenses but that's probably too much to ask. Even a fixed 24mm equivalent with a 40+MP S35 sensor would be great improvement for my work. There is a nice gap to fill between the M3 and the Inspire, so let's hope it's a big step for pros that just don't need all the Inspire offers.

So yes, I think it will be quite a bit more advanced than the Air 3s, if you need those features.
I think it's going to be a while before we see interchangeable lenses outside of the Inspire line. Most consumers aren't or don't want to be fiddling with what lens to put on their camera.

I think it's going to be a while before we see interchangeable lenses outside of the Inspire line. Most consumers aren't or don't want to be fiddling with what lens to put on their camera.

I don't think ever. There's just not a big enough market in the consumer space. Hence these multi-camera solutions.

How many recreational pilots are willing to spend many hundreds, if not thousands depending, on changeable lenses? Very few, IMO, especially with 2 and 3 camera systems available that meet 99% of their needs.

To be fair, this is just my opinion. I have no market data to refer to.

Last edited:
I have decided to pass on the Air 3s. As it turns out, it does not have a variable aperture. I'll wait to see what the Mavic 4 has to offer and for how much $. I may just pick up a Mavic 3 Pro as the prices drop on them
Good choice. The manual aperture on M3 is seriously so valuable. Avoids hassle with ND filters swap in most scenarios. Anyway, I think Mavic 4 will have the same main 4/3 sensor + lidar and perhaps the other sensors just 1" (this does not even mean the diagonal of the sensor, but that is another topic) from Air 3s, which already are shown as quite bad in low light due to 50Mpx resolution (the higher resolution, the worse in low light due to smaller pixels and less light received). So your decision to purchase M3 Pro when M4 comes out is quite right I would say, because M3 Pro is absolutely still a beast these days. If you use DLOG + Phantom LUTs (WDR pre-lut included), the dynamic range is quite fantastic. Let's see what M4 brings to the table, but besides mentioned + bigger batter I don't think we get anything special. Plus the price will be definitely quite high.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mertyaldiz