DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 5 Pro--getting tired of waiting

The Mini 4 Pro is a solid drone. There isn’t much more you could ask it to do. Maybe a 1” sensor would be nice, but it’s a pretty mature piece of equipment.

Reactions: Boost DS
The Mini 4 Pro is a solid drone. There isn’t much more you could ask it to do. Maybe a 1” sensor would be nice, but it’s a pretty mature piece of equipment.
There's no professional grade smart phone for it. Maybe one will come at the same time as the much anticipated Mavic 4 Pro.

I noticed that the views on these release date videos are very very low, everyone's beginning to catch on.

The 4 has just been out a year. Isn’t a bit too soon for a 5?

Reactions: Kilrah
I vote get the Mini 4 Pro now. It has become 'tried and tested' and pretty much all the early bugs are already gone.
It works really nicely, and it's difficult to see what the 5 might add that would make it significantly better.

While I agree not to wait and get an M4P now, you're limiting you're imagination in what could significantly improve on a M5P. Here are some things that would trigger me to upgrade from the M4P to a 5:
  • 1", 20/80 MP quad-bayer sensor
  • Variable aperture
  • Dual camera
  • Optical zoom
  • More OA cameras with demonstrably more reliable OA... OA needs to get a little better and I'll start using Active Track for much more stuff
  • Downward lidar with 30m usable range
All of this is possible, it's just engineering. Cost, on the other hand, may rule out a lot of this, but the tech necessary is getting cheaper all the time.

A CF design of the gimbal might buy the grams to shoe that larger sensor in there.

Reactions: Chrislaf
I think it will be the Air 3S this year and the Mini 5 Pro sometime in 2025. Mavic's are due for a refresh too (even if I just picked up a M3 Cine).

Naaahhh, you don't need an Air 3S, Chris. You'd be more than happy with an Air 3 for your needs.

I just so happen to have one, lightly used, that will be for sale starting when the Air 3S is released 👍🏻

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: mavic3usa

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr