DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 1 battery does not light up, it is not swollen...

mavicmodx

Reactions
Hello. I intend to buy online a battery for mavic 1 which has a problem. It does not work, the battery does not light up, it is not swollen... I have no other information.
Why would I dig such a battery? -Because where I live, these batteries are not easy to find, I think I will take a chance with this one here.

I want to ask you after I get the battery what can I do for it?
I looked on the internet, about things like hibernation... But if the battery doesn't turn on after say 5 hours on the charger?

What other options do I have for the battery?

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
When was the last time the battery was charged up? did the battery sit for a long time, unused, and possibly allowed to completely discharge?

Probably not charged for 1 year. I don't have much information.
OK, This may be an old wives tale, but I have read about this working but I have no proof…

The issue is that DJI uses smart batteries and the electronics that decides if the battery needs charging is in the battery and it uses the batteries juice to run. It the battery is so dead that it cannot run its internal electronics, it cannot not decide to charge itself…

Now, I have never let my batteries go more than a month without a charge cycle so this process that I am about to reveal has never been tested by me, but it costs you nothing to try…

How to reset my DJI battery…

To reset it, you need to have the DJI charger on hand. Plug it in and press the ON button two times and ignore any of the lights that may flicker. Do not press any other button but let the battery rest for another 5 minutes and plug in the charger but don't press any button this time around.

After this, I can only recommend Googling how to reset the battery… How to charge a DJI Dead battery…

Good Luck!

Reactions: mavicmodx
OK, This may be an old wives tale, but I have read about this working but I have no proof…

The issue is that DJI uses smart batteries and the electronics that decides if the battery needs charging is in the battery and it uses the batteries juice to run. It the battery is so dead that it cannot run its internal electronics, it cannot not decide to charge itself…

Now, I have never let my batteries go more than a month without a charge cycle so this process that I am about to reveal has never been tested by me, but it costs you nothing to try…

How to reset my DJI battery…

To reset it, you need to have the DJI charger on hand. Plug it in and press the ON button two times and ignore any of the lights that may flicker. Do not press any other button but let the battery rest for another 5 minutes and plug in the charger but don't press any button this time around.

After this, I can only recommend Googling how to reset the battery… How to charge a DJI Dead battery…

Good Luck!
Thank you, but i already tried the method you mentioned. also with heavy googling.

I'm thinking of trying to jump the chip by trying to charge the batteries but I'm afraid of damaging the board

• Wow
Before you do anything you might regret: damage to battery, short circuit of the battery, Fire, Explosion...

Go the the "horse's mouth..." and ask DJI...

This is DJI's Forum like this web site and the moderators are very helpful so ask for help and perform a search on the issues, for example: charging a dead battery, recovering a dead battery, and so many other variations...

Good Luck!

Before you do anything you might regret: damage to battery, short circuit of the battery, Fire, Explosion...

Go the the "horse's mouth..." and ask DJI...

This is DJI's Forum like this web site and the moderators are very helpful so ask for help and perform a search on the issues, for example: charging a dead battery, recovering a dead battery, and so many other variations...

Good Luck!
I ask them already. I think the only way is to buy the cp2112 chip. and new cells

• Wow
This is possibly dangerous, so I’m not going to provide specific details on how this was accomplished. I recently had a lithium battery in a very good flashlight that wouldn’t take a charge, so I took it to a local battery warehouse thinking I’d just buy another battery (not available at Walmart etc). No good, it was a very specific battery only available from the manufacturer. The fellow said to come back in an hour. When I came back, the battery would take a charge again.

Long story short, see if the professionals at your local battery warehouse can wake it up for you. At this point, you have nothing to lose. If it were swollen or showed signs of damage though I would dispose of it. Your drone and your safety is worth more than the price of a battery.

Last edited:
This is possibly dangerous, so I’m not going to provide specific details on how this was accomplished. I recently had a lithium battery in a very good flashlight that wouldn’t take a charge, so I took it to a local battery warehouse thinking I’d just buy another battery (not available at Walmart etc). No good, it was a very specific battery only available from the manufacturer. The fellow said to come back in an hour. When I came back, the battery would take a charge again.

Long story short, see if the professionals at your local battery warehouse can wake it up for you. At this point, you have nothing to lose. If it were swollen or showed signs of damage though I would dispose of it. Your drone and your safety is worth more than the price of a battery.
thank you for your advice about my safety it's nice to have people like that :) no one here will repair my battery, we don't have repair office. it is not possible to buy new batteries, that's the way things are, and the only thing left for me is to fix it myself. I have a lot of experience with computers.I saw on the internet that it is not difficult to fix, at least not for someone with my experience.

I have 3 batteries all like that... no lights not charging and individual blustery cells have proper voltage at around 4.42v and the best method at reviving is a bit of circuitry skill and soldering ability and patience as well as time to kill and a pc. I've had no success reflashing firmware to repair the batteries with the mobile app however I've got a few more things to check .
If anything seems to work well I'll post the answer

I have 3 batteries all like that... no lights not charging and individual blustery cells have proper voltage at around 4.42v and the best method at reviving is a bit of circuitry skill and soldering ability and patience as well as time to kill and a pc. I've had no success reflashing firmware to repair the batteries with the mobile app however I've got a few more things to check .
If anything seems to work well I'll post the answer
you need to use cp2112 and original power suply (without hub). i wish you luck :)

you need to use cp2112 and original power suply (without hub). i wish you luck :)
Hi,
Not only CP2112 which is hard to find and somewhat costly, you can even use an very cheaper board and widely used Arduino NANO to reset the PF flags to revive from the hibernation mode of the battery.

It is very easy and simple, Initially i searched for the CP2112 but its completely out of stock in my country and searched for alternatives on google and found this : DJI Mavic Air battery recovery (Clear PF) using Arduino - Circuit Schools.

I successfully recovered 3 batteries which were kept aside for 1 and half year. Hope it helps you too..

Hi,
Not only CP2112 which is hard to find and somewhat costly, you can even use an very cheaper board and widely used Arduino NANO to reset the PF flags to revive from the hibernation mode of the battery.

It is very easy and simple, Initially i searched for the CP2112 but its completely out of stock in my country and searched for alternatives on google and found this : DJI Mavic Air battery recovery (Clear PF) using Arduino - Circuit Schools.

I successfully recovered 3 batteries which were kept aside for 1 and half year. Hope it helps you too..
alixpress my brother :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost