DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 48MP camera - Is it any good? Shot by shot comparison

In good light it compares favourably with the Pro, but the smaller sensor really suffers in lower light.
I think that when you shoot in HDR mode in low light the outcome is not too dissimilar to what you can get from m2p. Neither is anything to write home about when filming after dark. The low light photography merit goes to ma2. It is stable enough to pull over 30 second exposures.

Reactions: flakey1977
I think that when you shoot in HDR mode in low light the outcome is not too dissimilar to what you can get from m2p. Neither is anything to write home about when filming after dark. The low light photography merit goes to ma2. It is stable enough to pull over 30 second exposures.
I don't really use it much in low light really. I like to capture sunsets but with that I'm looking for a darker image anyway. I can't think of a low light situation I'd need a drone for

I don't really use it much in low light really. I like to capture sunsets but with that I'm looking for a darker image anyway. I can't think of a low light situation I'd need a drone for
I find night filming utterly pointless but night photography I do like. I thought that going from m2p to ma2 I will loose out on that but it's the exact opposite.

I find night filming utterly pointless but night photography I do like. I thought that going from m2p to ma2 I will loose out on that but it's the exact opposite.
That's interesting hey? I haven't used the M2P but the Phantom 4 Pro is rubbish in low light so I presume its similar. I don't really do night photography but I appreciate a drone with good lowlight capabilities would be an advantage

That's interesting hey? I haven't used the M2P but the Phantom 4 Pro is rubbish in low light so I presume its similar. I don't really do night photography but I appreciate a drone with good lowlight capabilities would be an advantage
What I meant is without a proper inch sensor or 4/3 night shooting will be soft and noisy. If I could capture nice night footage with silly 8mm ma2 sensor or semi respectable 15,7 mm sensor on m2p I would happy to do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02