DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 48MP camera - Is it any good? Shot by shot comparison

I take a look at the 48mp camera

Thanks for the video. Pretty much aligns with my findings, although you seem a little more impressed by the output than I am, although the qualification of it being a half inch sensor is duly noted.

Reactions: flakey1977
Thanks for the video. Pretty much aligns with my findings, although you seem a little more impressed by the output than I am, although the qualification of it being a half inch sensor is duly noted.
Not impressed with the camera?

I still need to do a test on the video, I'm taking it out this afternoon, video out on Friday

Not impressed with the camera?

Not really.

I was really hoping to use the bracketed exposure feature for better dynamic range but the sensor really isn't up to it. As the video correctly states, the 48mp is the way to go in optimum lighting conditions but its really not much better than an iPhone.

Not really.

I was really hoping to use the bracketed exposure feature for better dynamic range but the sensor really isn't up to it. As the video correctly states, the 48mp is the way to go in optimum lighting conditions but its really not much better than an iPhone.
What did you think of the smart photo?

Great for happy-snaps but you can't really do anything with it in post.
I guess it depends if you're blowing it up onto prints or just sharing them on your phone. Sadly these days most only do the latter so in that respect the camera is fine

I guess it depends if you're blowing it up onto prints or just sharing them on your phone. Sadly these days most only do the latter so in that respect the camera is fine

Indeed. I guess I was hoping it would be getting close to m4/3 quality.

Having said all that the 60fps footage looks really good.

That's good to know, that's what I found too. What about video comparisons?

Thats what I was referring to.

Its a neat little drone, I just hope DJI update the Fly software into something a bit more useable/flexible.

i do photography as a hobby so got the air2 for taking pictures more than video,i think its quite good,heres a sunrise picture from the coast where i live a couple of weeks ago

Attachments

• DJI_0028.jpg
    DJI_0028.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 50
its just a smartshot edited in lightroom
When I first saw the picture only the top half was downloaded for some reason. When I reloaded the page the whole image downloaded showing a standard image. Is that the ocean?

When I first saw the picture only the top half was downloaded for some reason. When I reloaded the page the whole image downloaded showing a standard image. Is that the ocean?
it is yes,the north sea,its st marys lighthouse, whitley bay

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705