DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2, Air 2S Battery unlock

malinkigoosik

Reactions
After taking a look into what it would take, i'm offering help to mod controllers by adding SMA connectors to the standard controller, and to the original antennas on the controller. this way you can use the original stock antennas, or connect some boosters and/or different antennas via SMA.

I'm also willing to help for a small fee in unlocking batteries and modding the batteries by adding a 3S balance connector and XT60 plug, so that you can use any LIHV cells. If I manage to get a bunch of working BMS controllers for the batteries, I'll just sell the unlocked battery printed shell with bms online, otherwise you would have to ship me the battery, and I ship back the battery with no cells, but unlocked to support any LIHV you choose. In the meantime I ordered a few dji batteries and will offer them as a first run.

After taking a look into what it would take, i'm offering help to mod controllers by adding SMA connectors to the standard controller, and to the original antennas on the controller. this way you can use the original stock antennas, or connect some boosters and/or different antennas via SMA.

I'm also willing to help for a small fee in unlocking batteries and modding the batteries by adding a 3S balance connector and XT60 plug, so that you can use any LIHV cells. If I manage to get a bunch of working BMS controllers for the batteries, I'll just sell the unlocked battery printed shell with bms online, otherwise you would have to ship me the battery, and I ship back the battery with no cells, but unlocked to support any LIHV you choose. In the meantime I ordered a few dji batteries and will offer them as a first run.
Brilliant, look forward to seeing how you get on with this project!

Reactions: Pallidin

I am looking for a battery mod for the DJI Air 2S. I want a battery that remains in the drone while it is being charged. The final goal of this is that I will build a harness that permanently connects to the battery that uses a touchless charging system attached to the feet of the drone so that it can charge just sitting on a charging pad.

Do you see any problems with this and is this something you can help with?

Soldering balance and XT60 cables is pretty straightforward, if someone attempts it, here's a step by step.

The issue is that your drone will read the battery capacity from the original BMS, which ignores voltage and counts Ah. So my modded battery was still 50% full when the drone nagged me with criticial battery alerts and autoland.

Attachments

• IMG_9226.jpg
    IMG_9226.jpg
    762.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9229.jpg
    IMG_9229.jpg
    732.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9234.jpg
    IMG_9234.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9235.jpg
    IMG_9235.jpg