DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 - an absolute beast!

I've been using the Mavic Air 2 over a little under half a year now and so far I have no complaints. Even after buying the DJI Mini 2 I think that the MA2 is the much sweeter deal despite its higher price. It has better wind resistance than the Mini 2 even if they are both rated at scale 5. You can really feel the difference due to the MA2's added weight. Functionally, the MA2 also gives you more options as it has ActiveTrack, Hyperlapse, Motionlapse, 48MP stills, and HDR recording. It is also capable of shooting 4k at up to 60 frames per The best thing about the Mavic Air 2 is the bigger sensor size as it sits perfectly between the Mini 2 and the Mavic 2 Pro, the latter of which maybe too expensive for casual flyers.If you want to make money out of your drone by taking high quality videos and photos, I would suggest that you save up on the Mavic Air 2. While the Mini 2 may serve as a good backup drone, nothing beats spending a little extra to get something a little bit better in the form of the Air 2. I can guarantee that the investment will be well worth it.
Not for me, but for any who are trying to decide, Thank You" for a very thorough comparison. It will be a great help. You/We need to keep it posted somewhere if possible.

From a performance point of view the MA2 is clearly superior to the Mini 2.
However, the big advantage of a Mini 2 is its weight! It can be used in Europe close to/over people with only a simple on-line multiple choice exam. You can do that from Ireland for a modest fee - start here. If you know German you can do it for free in Austria and someone told me that you can use Google Translate!
The A1/A3 license you get is valid in the whole of the EU (for the UK a separate test is needed, and that test has no EU status). You can then fly close to people with any drone less than 500 grams, so also for the classic Mavic Air. Heavier drones, including the MA2, must keep a distance of 150 m and without that license you can't fly at all in the EU!
For the MA2 to fly closer to people than 150 m you need an additional test to get an "A2" license that may set you back over USD 100 and even then you have to stay at a distance of 50 meters....
The rules above are valid until at least end 2022 for "legacy" drones - Eu approved drones don't exist yet!

I got mine back in early October and I absolutely love it! I sold my MP1 a while back and it was a great bird too but I've not missed it at all!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan