DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 and 2 Pro - Panorama photography

vicvideopic

Reactions
How to use the Panorama mode in the Mavic Air 2 and Pavic 2 Pro.

2 methods explained and compared: the auto generated JPEG files, or saving the RAW files for processing in Lightroom

your JPG panoramas at 7 minutes into the video definately aren't great. I am also a bit dissapointed with my Mavic 2 Pro panos, but you may have more of an issue. Here an example of mine after sunset, 2 second exposures:
Image 2020-09-30 at 22.16.35.jpeg
thank you once again for your great videos

The dark patch in my pano, just right of the middle can be explained: the drone started takeing pictures in the middle (the bright football field) and rotated to the left. Each picture was a 2 second exposure, and there were over 26 of them. By the time it was finished takeing images the ladscape was darker (1 minute 50 seconds later). So I should actually be pleased, I do not have the problems show in the video. I do not use a filter for panos.
There could be issues with filters. Especially polaroid filters. They create vignetting that can change if you rotate, this is because of the wide angle of the lens, the light path through the filter at an angle and with the polarisation this can be not very pleasing. This is a problem with cameras, very pronounced if it not a "slim filter" and too far away from the front glas element.

Last edited:
How to use the Panorama mode in the Mavic Air 2 and Pavic 2 Pro.

2 methods explained and compared: the auto generated JPEG files, or saving the RAW files for processing in Lightroom

I take a lot of panoramic photos with my MavicAir2. My question is I can move them around with my mouse if they're on Facebook or I can move them around on my cell phone by tilting it. How come when I view them on my laptop or desktop they don't move around with my mouse? Any way I can get them to to this. Thanks.

Reactions: MS Coast
I take a lot of panoramic photos with my MavicAir2. My question is I can move them around with my mouse if they're on Facebook or I can move them around on my cell phone by tilting it. How come when I view them on my laptop or desktop they don't move around with my mouse? Any way I can get them to to this. Thanks.
Are you talking about seeing part of the image but not all. Maybe you CPU either lack horsepower required or resizes it to full screen.

Are you talking about seeing part of the image but not all. Maybe you CPU either lack horsepower required or resizes it to full screen.
On my cell phone I click on the image and then I can move it around with my finger. On my laptop I can see the whole image but I can't move it with my mouse. And when it's posted on Facebook on either laptop of phone I can move it around.

The best solution I've found for viewing on a computer is an online service. They offer a free account that allows you to share a URL with others so that they can view the files in 360-degree mode. I've settled on using this one: Kuula | 360 Virtual Tours made easy. Create. Edit. Share.. The interface is simpler and it seems to work well on all devices and operating systems.

Reactions: Jane
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929