DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 and goggles

trevsdad

Reactions
It is currently possible to link an epson moverio bt-35e to the MA2 controller via an GPD XD Plus handheld running DJI Air app.

It is connected the following way:

MA2 controller -> (included usb c to micro usb) -> XP Plus -> hdmi -> BT35e box -> BT35e glasses.

You can find more info on the Facebook Groups as well as possible other ways to link with apple air

Last edited:
I also cast DJI Fly from my android phone (s8) to my Epson BT-300 glasses using the apower mirror app and a local hotspot

Reactions: TxArch DroneGuy
It is currently possible to link an epson moverio bt-35e to the MA2 controller via an GPD XD Plus handheld running DJI Air app.

It is connected the following way:

MA2 controller -> (included usb c to micro usb) -> XP Plus -> hdmi -> BT35e box -> BT35e glasses.

You can find more info on the Facebook Groups as well as possible other ways to link with apple air

jeeeez!....sounds like a long way to the corner store, but thanks.

There is even a cheaper and much simpler workaround which has no latency because you don't need to cast to another device. Just use your mobile phone and put it into a HMD called "Moviemask" (99USD) - at first it looks similar to all those Cardboard knockoffs, but they have a totally different approach by not using split screens for each eye. They use a special single lens instead. I am using it with a Sony Xperia mobile which has a 4k display and the picture quality is stunning! While I have never used any of the dji goggles, I believe the quality is miles better using Moviemask. In order to navigate/use the app while having the phone attached to your face, I am using a Goliton bluetooth device for less than 10 bucks, velcroed to my RC. The only downside is the fact that you cannot (yet) control the gimbal with your head. That may be possible in the future when dji eventually releases the SDK for theair Fly app.

If you already have an Oculus Quest VR headset (highly recommended, that's the future for sure!) you can also cast your phone footage to it (using a sideloaded app). But you have to deal with a bit of a latency, which should not be much of an issue unless you want to race your MA2 through some obstacles in sports mode.

Reactions: kreyna905
There is even a cheaper and much simpler workaround which has no latency because you don't need to cast to another device. Just use your mobile phone and put it into a HMD called "Moviemask" (99USD) - at first it looks similar to all those Cardboard knockoffs, but they have a totally different approach by not using split screens for each eye. They use a special single lens instead. I am using it with a Sony Xperia mobile which has a 4k display and the picture quality is stunning! While I have never used any of the dji goggles, I believe the quality is miles better using Moviemask. In order to navigate/use the app while having the phone attached to your face, I am using a Goliton bluetooth device for less than 10 bucks, velcroed to my RC. The only downside is the fact that you cannot (yet) control the gimbal with your head. That may be possible in the future when dji eventually releases the SDK for theair Fly app.

If you already have an Oculus Quest VR headset (highly recommended, that's the future for sure!) you can also cast your phone footage to it (using a sideloaded app). But you have to deal with a bit of a latency, which should not be much of an issue unless you want to race your MA2 through some obstacles in sports mode.
Got a link? not seeing this on amazon and interested in learning a little more.

It’s not available on Amazon, but you can order it directly MovieMask - Your Portable Cinema.

Hmm, can you elaborate on this? " In order to navigate/use the app while having the phone attached to your face, I am using a Goliton bluetooth device for less than 10 bucks, velcroed to my RC. "

I might pick this up to give it a shot but im not 100% sure how you have it set up with the bluetooth device between the phone, controller and "headset"

Do you have more information on casting to the Oculus Quest? I'd like to give that a try!

Do you have more information on casting to the Oculus Quest? I'd like to give that a try!

Sure, on the Quest you need to activate a developer account/setting. Then you need to sideload an app called AirScreen with SideQuest (or something similar). Start AirScreen on the Quest, it shows up in the Oculus TV app, then cast your phone to AirScreen, voila!

Nitram, so the Air 2 controller plugs into the Bluetooth device somehow? I am not seeing one of these devices with a usb c connection i think that is why i am getting confused.

Nitram, so the Air 2 controller plugs into the Bluetooth device somehow? I am not seeing one of these devices with a usb c connection i think that is why i am getting confused.

The phone goes into the movie mask headset and the Bluetooth game device connects to the phone to control the DJI Fly while your wearing the headset
You will need a long cable to connect the phone to the MA2 remote controller.

This solution is the same way it works normally except the phone is in the headset on your face.

The phone goes into the movie mask headset and the Bluetooth game device connects to the phone to control the DJI Fly while your wearing the headset
You will need a long cable to connect the phone to the MA2 remote controller.

This solution is the same way it works normally except the phone is in the headset on your face.

I think im still confused if the phone already has bluetooth cant it connect to the headset? what is the purpose of the bluetooth gaming device? the long cable makes more sense now though if it still needed to the controller.

I think im still confused if the phone already has bluetooth cant it connect to the headset? what is the purpose of the bluetooth gaming device? the long cable makes more sense now though if it still needed to the controller.

The movie mask headset only has a special lens in it, it has no electronic circuitry, you still have to fit the phone inside it.
The movie mask is not a standalone VR headset like the Oculus Quest, that is where your getting mixed up.
Because the phone is inside the movie mask and difficult to reach, the bluetooth gaming controller is what you use to make selections on DJI fly, it acts like your finger on the phone touch screen.
It is connected to the phone via bluetooth.

Casting your phone (while using DJI Fly) on it, wirelessly to the Oculus Quest is another completely different solution to the movie mask one.

In all the solutions you will still need to have the phone running DJI Fly connected to the MA2 remote controller

Reactions: VenomXts
@Iannes: thanx for clarifying for me. The MovieMask is basically just a passive phone holder, but it makes a ton of a difference! No distraction from sunlight and you can look on a big screen like sitting in you home theater.

The bluetooth device is not really necessary, you can even open the MovieMask with the zipper on the bottom and use your finger to navigate your screen ;-)

@Iannes: thanx for clarifying for me. The MovieMask is basically just a passive phone holder, but it makes a ton of a difference! No distraction from sunlight and you can look on a big screen like sitting in you home theater.

The bluetooth device is not really necessary, you can even open the MovieMask with the zipper on the bottom and use your finger to navigate your screen ;-)

If your going to fly using the movie mask I'd recommend the bluetooth controller the drone might have flown away by the time you remove the phone.

Another option which maybe safer is to use 2 phones, one in the movie mask and one connected to the remote controller.
If you use anrdroid you can hotspot one phone to the other and cast the DJI Fly view from the one to the other
This way you can fly in the normal configuration.

I use an app called apowermirror on both phones to do this

There is some latency, but at least your hands will be near the phone screen to change flight settings quickly

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986