Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 and mini 2 owners

Do you own both Mavic drones?

• I have one

• I have both

• I have none

Results are only viewable after voting.
Had the OG Mavic Mini. Loved it. I was a bad customer and was within the return window for walmart as the Mini2 was released.....so yea. Returned Mini 1 the ordered the Mini2.

Got the MA2 first week on January, mainly because it's better wind resistance, higher top speed, better camera/gimbal. And it looks a bit more professional then the Mini2. Considering I'm currently studying as much as possible to get my 107.

Reactions: tlswift58
I had been thinking about a drone for the past year and this past fall (Oct 2020) a professional drone pilot posted a video to my New England fall foliage FB page and blew me away with his drone flight/roller coaster ride up in Dixville Notch NH. He may have been a FPV pilot don't know. But when a friend posted his mini 1 images I jumped in and got the Mini 2. Rock steady with winds gusting 15-19mph and it allows me to explore lighthouses from angles you can't get to without a boat or plane. I wish it had the avoidance sensors like the big ones but until I decide to upgrade, I'll just have to be careful.

I started off with the MM for my dog, don't ask, and was having a blast but felt like I wanted to be able to 'do more' and bought the MA2 for me. When I crashed the Mini I needed a quick turn around so my puppy could get her fix and got the Mini2 for her to chase and sent the MM out for repairs. The performance difference between the MM and MA2 is almost night and day and the same goes for MM to Mini2 but you really can tell that the MA2 is closer to Prosumer level than either Mini. The Mini(s) are more nimble by far but the added density of the MA2 makes for much smoother flights and more stability in the wind.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Hello Benzhangyuan:

I started with the MA2 and then picked up a Mini 2. I like flying the MA2 the best, but use the Mini 2 for back and bikepacking trips where it’s small size and USB 3 charging are great advantages.

Howard

I only have the MA2 but that is good enough.

Bought the Mini 2 in December, loved it and started to think I could expand my business and needed a bigger drone because it looks more professional and it just a bit more secure to fly. Bought the Mavic Air 2 in January.

Love them both but the ratio quality vs size of the mini 2 is hard do beat.

I figure once DJI stuffs the channel, they're sell the Mini 2 stand alone ;)
You'll still be better off buying the $449 retail package and selling off the extras, as the stand alone drone price will likely be close $399, based upon previous drone replacement costs, compared to the retail package!

Reactions: pelagic_one