Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 App Update 1.2.1

straten

Reactions
Is it my imagination/ignorance, but did the new Mavic Air 2 app update 1.2.1:

1. delete the APAS obstacle detection option
2. limit flying height

I can no longer find mine n the app while flying?????

Reactions: ldallara-air2
Is it my imagination/ignorance, but did the new Mavic Air 2 app update 1.2.1:

1. delete the APAS obstacle detection option
2. limit flying height

I can no longer find mine n the app while flying?????
I just flew with app v1.2.1 (and updated drone firmware) and re-set all the flight parameters (max height/distance/RTH height), so it's still there (tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen). I think updating the app wipes out whatever you had.

I just flew with app v1.2.1 (and updated drone firmware) and re-set all the flight parameters (max height/distance/RTH height), so it's still there (tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen). I think updating the app wipes out whatever you had.
Do you mind giving us your thoughts on the 1.2.1 since you flew with it? I'm still hesitant to update since the 1.2.0 update on the MA2.

I can no longer find the APAS setting on 1.2.1 and my height is now limited - are you saying your height is unlimited and you can see APAS option?

I cannot.

Do you mind giving us your thoughts on the 1.2.1 since you flew with it? I'm still hesitant to update since the 1.2.0 update on the MA2.
Everything seemed "normal" to me (compared with a couple weeks ago before all the firmware problems showed up). I would make sure you update the firmware (don't forget additional batteries) before you use the "new" app version.

I can no longer find the APAS setting on 1.2.1 and my height is now limited - are you saying your height is unlimited and you can see APAS option?

I cannot.
I don't recall ever messing with APAS, but I can definitely set max height/distance and RTH height.

Ii just checked my DJI Fly app and cannot find a version number. It is dated 8 May 20. That seems to be the latest version. I have had no problems flying my Mavic Air 2.

Reactions: Tufargon
Ii just checked my DJI Fly app and cannot find a version number. It is dated 8 May 20. That seems to be the latest version. I have had no problems flying my Mavic Air 2.
That's a very outdated version but if I were you I'd stick to it for now if you are wanting to update. If you go into your Fly app and hit the 3 dots to the upper right then hit the last tab on the right (about), it will show you the app version there. I've stuck to 1.1.10 till they fix all the bugs in the newer version/s.

Reactions: Ron Caballero CAP
That's a very outdated version but if I were you I'd stick to it for now if you are wanting to update. If you go into your Fly app and hit the 3 dots to the upper right then hit the last tab on the right (about), it will show you the app version there. I've stuck to 1.1.10 till they fix all the bugs in the newer version/s.
Good information. Thanks.

Reactions: Tufargon
Picking up on this thread.

Are there still issues with this Fly App version and the MA2?

Or has this all been sorted out already?

Picking up on this thread.

Are there still issues with this Fly App version and the MA2?

Or has this all been sorted out already?
I have been up to date on firmware and the Fly app for over 2 weeks now with over 25 flights. The only issue that I see is using android-based the app may crash and the screen goes black, sometimes the app comes back within 10 seconds by itself the last two times I had to reopen it. Not sure if this problem exists using the iPhone. Most of all these problems started when they introduced the Mini 2 they attempted to adapt the app software to another drone and screwed it up.

I have been up to date on firmware and the Fly app for over 2 weeks now with over 25 flights. The only issue that I see is using android-based the app may crash and the screen goes black, sometimes the app comes back within 10 seconds by itself the last two times I had to reopen it. Not sure if this problem exists using the iPhone. Most of all these problems started when they introduced the Mini 2 they attempted to adapt the app software to another drone and screwed it up.
Is it safe to say that Fly App 1.2.1 is already stable with IOS but still quirky if using Android? ?

1- I lost the FN Button drop down to switch to the map?
2- Obstacle avoidance it not working, Stays red all the time.
3- On one occasion where it would lands, said ther wher obstacles when there wasn't, It sat there, and timed out and landed.

I tried calibrating the Obstacle avoidance firmwear. It update the sofware and now works.
I could not get the screen calibrate software to track.
Tested in the field and it Obstacle avoidance warnings work.
Cheers.

I updated to DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic: v 2.0.14
And fixed the Obstacle avoidance...
My Fly app 1.2.1 on Android Galaxy S8+ Android Version 9
Have not had issues

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member