DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 auxiliary light

yamahu

Reactions
Not able to turn my auxiliary light turn ON. Any Suggestion? Should I reinstall latest firmware?

Not able to turn my auxiliary light turn ON. Any Suggestion? Should I reinstall latest firmware?
Might help, might not.. perhaps use Assistant 2 to re-install the current and see if if it works. While it seems unlikely , perhaps the LED has failed....

Reactions: yamahu
Arm the motors, and you should be able to cycle through the 3 settings, including ON. The light cannot be turned on without first arming the motors on newer drones.

Reactions: twickers14
Arm the motors, and you should be able to cycle through the 3 settings, including ON. The light cannot be turned on without first arming the motors on newer drones.
I did that. I also try fly in different light condition and nothing. Led not turning ON. Thanks

How long is the warranty. I guess one year. I already over that one year. Im on my own to fix it I guess

I did that. I also try fly in different light condition and nothing. Led not turning ON. Thanks

How long is the warranty. I guess one year. I already over that one year. Im on my own to fix it I guess

Bummer. You can also just live without it. While it is a nice feature, none of the earlier drones ever had one!

Did you just install a new FW?

Is so, yes, reinstall it, just to see, as it might have glitched.
Unlikely that it would just fail on its own, unless you crashed or dropped it, or just installed a new FW!

Bummer. You can also just live without it. While it is a nice feature, none of the earlier drones ever had one!

Did you just install a new FW?

Is so, yes, reinstall it, just to see, as it might have glitched.
Unlikely that it would just fail on its own, unless you crashed or dropped it, or just installed a new FW!
I can live without it, yes its just a nice feature.

Not just but not long time a go either. I don't remember honestly.

I dropped it once. From 3 feet directly on the ceramic floor. I was doing hand take off but I didn't give enought to take off.

I can live without it, yes its just a nice feature.

Not just but not long time a go either. I don't remember honestly.

I dropped it once. From 3 feet directly on the ceramic floor. I was doing hand take off but I didn't give enought to take off.
It is a very nice feature! I use it to quickly relocate the drone in the sky while flying home, once I get within 300 feet, as I convert from mostly FPV flying to completely VLOS for landing. I also make sure it is completely off so I don't get night blinded by the Auto feature, just as I am reaching up to handcatch in the dark!

Hopefully, the LED is the only thing that was damaged during the drop, if a reinstalling the FW doesn't restore its functionality, and they haven't just altered the functionality in some weird way, like on the Mavic 3. They just removed all user control over the LED! It is now always in Auto! No more hand catches at night! :(

It is a very nice feature! I use it to quickly relocate the drone in the sky while flying home, once I get within 300 feet, as I convert from mostly FPV flying to completely VLOS for landing. I also make sure it is completely off so I don't get night blinded by the Auto feature, just as I am reaching up to handcatch in the dark!

Hopefully, the LED is the only thing that was damaged during the drop, if a reinstalling the FW doesn't restore its functionality, and they haven't just altered the functionality in some weird way, like on the Mavic 3. They just removed all user control over the LED! It is now always in Auto! No more hand catches at night! :(
They did? Are you sure?

They did? Are you sure?
No, because I still haven't upgraded myself, and may not, despite the new features.
Several Mavic 3 users are reporting that the Auxiliary Light control is now missing. One has said it is still there.

Seems European C1 compliance requires removing user control over the landing light, and, as best I can tell, DJI is not currently creating two different versions, based upon GPS location, opting for one size fits all, and "they won't like it at first, but they'll get used to it!"

Still waiting on clarification!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine