DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 auxiliary light

Reactions
Howdy!
I have an MA2 scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
What is the additional drain on the battery to keep the auxiliary light on all the time or percentage use while it's on?
Do any of you use it constantly?
Thanks and happy trails!
Dan

Howdy!
What is the additional drain on the battery to keep the auxiliary light on all the time or percentage use while it's on?
Thanks and happy trails!
Dan

I haven't noticed a difference. But I love the feature. Especially helpful at dusk coming back from a sunset shot.

If I didn't suffer from migraine strobes would be great.
When I take off or land I cant look at my drone with a strobe on it because it can start an attack, would be great if I could turn one on remotely when it gets some distance away.

Sorry to hear that!

Thanks! I do use a strobe as well but at certain angles it can't be seen too well. I am glad to hear that most agree is is not a big drain.
Someone measured it on the Mavic 2, and it was not significant unless the battery is already dying, flying home on fumes, in the dark, in which case turn it off, as the Auto function will also night blind your hand catch! Use it momentarily to find it in the sky, and then turn it off.

Reactions: Threesixtography
Howdy!
Thanks and happy trails!
Dan
get lights with its own power , they last longer and you can fly longer

Depending upon the external light, the extra weight could shorten the flight time more than the battery drain of the auxiliary LED landing lights.
I do have an anti collision light I use but often you can't see it depending on the angle of view.

I do have an anti collision light I use but often you can't see it depending on the angle of view.
Exactly! The built-in white LED lights also may not be visible while flying forward towards yourself at high speed becaused of the acute angle. Just slow down a bit, or fly backwards. Really useful to pick it out of the sky, from below, at night, during a quick landing as the battery is dying!

• Haha
Exactly! The built-in white LED lights also may not be visible while flying forward towards yourself at high speed

HA! I'm not too much into high speed yet. I may have my part 107, but I don't have great skills yet. I do very little sport mode flying. But the angle is the big deal. That's why I am curious about the aux light on the MA2. Hoping that will be visible from most angles.

HA! I'm not too much into high speed yet. I may have my part 107, but I don't have great skills yet. I do very little sport mode flying. But the angle is the big deal. That's why I am curious about the aux light on the MA2. Hoping that will be visible from most angles.
High speed is a max of 27mph when under 10% battery in P mode on the M2, which is less on the MA2. It's very visible from below, not so much from above. Best visible from behind, while flying forward, due to the forward angle of flight tipping the lights towards you when flying away.

I'm curious if this light meets the part 107 requirement for flights at dusk etc.
Doubtful. The 107 requirements are intended for both visibility from above for other aircraft, as well as your ability to see the aircraft. Depending upon the angle of flight, it helps with neither!

Note that turning off that stupid light in the app will not be persistent, and will self enable against your order and turn itself back on (auto). Love it when new gen electronics tell me to screw off...

Light wouldn't be that bad if the setting would obey.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga