DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Battery Activation

Cherokee Dronie

Reactions
I just saw a video regarding a glitch with the initial battery activation. Supposedly DJI has confirmed this. For the first charge use the charging cable (not the hub) to individually charge each battery if you bought the fly more kit. If using the hub loaded up with the three batteries the batteries may not activate and will have to be returned to DJI. They claim if using the single charging method this will not happen and the batteries will activate properly. From this point forward the charging hub can be used without problems. I haven’t contacted DJI to confirm this, but it’s a small step I will use to hopefully avert a problem. If anyone learns more about this please advise, I will do so as well. Looking forward to a shipping notice at this point.....

I just saw a video regarding a glitch with the initial battery activation. Supposedly DJI has confirmed this. For the first charge use the charging cable (not the hub) to individually charge each battery if you bought the fly more kit. If using the hub loaded up with the three batteries the batteries may not activate and will have to be returned to DJI. They claim if using the single charging method this will not happen and the batteries will activate properly. From this point forward the charging hub can be used without problems. I haven’t contacted DJI to confirm this, but it’s a small step I will use to hopefully avert a problem. If anyone learns more about this please advise, I will do so as well. Looking forward to a shipping notice at this point.....
I posted a note on this today, also. Check the recent Youtube clip, German with English subtitles. Possibly where you saw it, too.

So the moral of the story you have to CHARGE your battery first by itself . If you attempt to use the Multi Charger the Battery will be fully compromised.

ALERT WARNING !

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 In the Rain.
Coal

Thank you guys very much for the great heads up!!!!! I bought my A2 fly more At 1min and 32 seconds after they went on sale. Would be absolute bummer to charge everything up, do all the updates (if even possible), drive 30min away from people, then find out I have a beautiful drone with no power. I’m sure it would take several weeks to get just batteries if I ordered them. Thanks again for the warning

Thank you guys very much for the great heads up!!!!! I bought my A2 fly more At 1min and 32 seconds after they went on sale. Would be absolute bummer to charge everything up, do all the updates (if even possible), drive 30min away from people, then find out I have a beautiful drone with no power. I’m sure it would take several weeks to get just batteries if I ordered them. Thanks again for the warning
I posted an alert as soon as I saw the YT clip, which came out very soon after the author posted a review on the Air 2. So fast to watch in fact that I beat him getting his english subtitles finished because I sent him a message that they ended part way through! He replied to let me know that they were then done. Great to have these quick comms! I have not seen this warning on any other advance reviews, probably because the drones have been trialled on just a 1- battery charge up. But if the failed special activation sequence risks battery AND drone damage, it makes sense to do a single charge on each battery separately, for the initial one. My Air 2 order is delayed in NZ due to lockdown but I share your 1m32s enthusiasm! They look great. Safe flying and health!

Reactions: Smalls
I have no idea if this is specific to some pre production units/batch or what, I charged all 3 batteries with the hub as soon as I unboxed mine. No issue at all.
How much charge did they come with?

I guess a firmware update just came out, hopefully this might address the issue--following this thread.

Nice to see that some users have found no problems with initial charging on the 3-way Mavic Air 2 multi-board. There may have been a DJI update after the initial reports, as they were apparently made aware of a noted problem. Personally, I will be doing charge #1 on the 3 batteries via the solo charging cable, just to eliminate a potential calamity! I can wait a little longer to fly, when my MA2 arrives in a few weeks (in NZ). Safe health and safe flying!

I guess a firmware update just came out, hopefully this might address the issue--following this thread.
Just got my Air 2 fly more package yesterday. Immediately Hooked up all 3 batteries to the multi charging bay.....they didn’t have much charge on them at all....they each charged up one at a time. No problems whatsoever. All my batteries work just fine. Hoping it’s a non issue now.
If anyone knows this is indeed fixed please let me know....certainly don’t want to brick my batteries!

Just got my Air 2 fly more package yesterday. Immediately Hooked up all 3 batteries to the multi charging bay.....they didn’t have much charge on them at all....they each charged up one at a time. No problems whatsoever. All my batteries work just fine. Hoping it’s a non issue now.
If anyone knows this is indeed fixed please let me know....certainly don’t want to brick my batteries!
If they were in hibernation mode you would have push on the batteries power button and nothing would have light up ... that is when you charge them one by one without the multicharger but in your case there was already some charge in them so you’ll be alright but again it is better not taking chances and do them one buy one with out the multi charger for the first charge but that’s not your case

Reactions: Fltwrench
If they were in hibernation mode you would have push on the batteries power button and nothing would have light up ... that is when you charge them one by one without the multicharger but in your case there was already some charge in them so you’ll be alright but again it is better not taking chances and do them one buy one with out the multi charger for the first charge but that’s not your case
Thanks for the reply. Im not sure if they were in hibernation mode or not. When I pushed the button before charging them I think one or 2 led’s lit up. When they started charging only one led was blinking at a time...took awhile to get them charged up.

I charged them on at a time out of the box just to be safe (no hub). Mine were in hibernation. I’ll never know if I avoided a problem.... ha!

Reactions: dawgpilot
Glad we have official word from DJI. So, looks like there could be an issue, but if there is, it is somewhat easily fixed using DJI's steps. I stand corrected (as without info from DJI I wasn't sure there was an issue).

Fly safe everyone!

I’m not sure what the deal is, sounds isolated to battery issues and not the multi bay charger. I didn’t have any problems performing an initial 3 battery charge with the multi bay charger that came with the fly more kit....and the more I think about it....why would it matter, the multi battery hub charges the batteries one at a time anyway, and it’s the same connector from the AC power block. I don’t think anybody has anything to worry about. I don’t know if my batteries were in sleep/hibernation mode when I got my kit.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev