Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 connection probs

Broadland

Reactions
Mavic air 2 arrives and the excitement kicks in
4 days later and I'm left dismayed by DJI
Seems no one can fix this issue and DJI help have no clue about the air 2
I've seen the other post where the guy was using the wrong app...
Phone or as it seems any phone won't connect to the controller
So frustrating
Any help welcome
Drone fresh out of box
Everything fully charged
Mate 20 pro fully updated
DJI fly app installed to latest version and all it says is RC not connected to phone... Connection cables are solid in RH port Screenshot_20200516_201638_dji.go.v5.jpg

I suggest trying with a different phone, so as to narrow down what is causing the problem, your Mate 20, or the controller.

Broadland, when you are the the screen you have displayed in your initial prompt unplug the cable at either the phone or the controller and then plug back in and see if it then sees your display device. I have seen similar witht he Mavic Mini.

I have tried the controller with an iPhone 8 and also iPhone xs to see if it was the mate Pro
I've also deleted the app and reinstalled it as I thought that was the issue
I have also allowed all permissions in the app as I thought maybe the mate was blocking the connection but its the same on the other phones also... Just says RC not connected
I have also used another type c to type c cable despite it being very long just to check the cable
I can only think along with the DJI Web chat guy that the controller is faulty

Latest update on the controller issue
After going through all the normal waffle with online help.. Things like are you sure your phone is on etc and are the cables plugged in we get to this.. See screenshot
Seems there is very little in the way mavic air 2 help available
Maybe I've just been unlucky

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200519_080018_com.twitter.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20200519_080018_com.twitter.android.jpg
    899.8 KB · Views: 33
I had the same problem early on, I found the cable wasn't seated properly in the RC, no problems since then.

I had the same problem early on, I found the cable wasn't seated properly in the RC, no problems since then.
Hi yes I tried this as I was thinking the same and even tried an older proved type c to type c cable and physically couldn't get it in the Rh port any further and even tried an iPhone in case it was my port on my mate 20.... Think I just got a faulty controller but the replacement has just arrived in the post today so I will keep posting and advise how I get on with this completely new drone and controller

Just got my Mavic Air 2 a couple of days ago. I can't get the controller to link with the drone after hours of trying! Seems to be a common problem right out of the box judging from all of you with the same problem! I tried everything mentioned on this forum to no avail! I tried my Google Pixel 4 XL cell phone and my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Some of the best comments were the note about the Type C USB plug on the controller - the right plug is active and you can see that with a flashlight - the other plug is empty and is just used for anchoring the other end of the USB cable for storage! That should be noted in user's manual and of course is very important. Somewhere in the documentation it says to stay away from electromagnetic interference such as cell phone towers and WiFi sources (such as routers) because WiFi frequency bands (the 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands) are used by this drone. It also said somewhere to shut off the WiFi on your cell phone when you use this drone! I did move the drone away from the WiFi router in my house to get away from interference while I tried to link but that didn't help. Sounds like good advice but of course none of these turned out to solve this problem. One gent just returned his Mavik Air 2 which I will do in a couple of weeks if this problem isn't solved using a firmware update. I'm glad I bought from Amazon because it has a no questions asked 30 day return policy. Of course I updated the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 for both the controller and drone and did it numerous times! At first the download to the drone ended on my PC with the warning that there was something wrong with the "connection" at about the 98% point but then did finish the download after I waited a bit. I tried again from scratch numerous times and it eventually stopped saying there was something wrong with the drone memory/connection. One other thing I tried I read somewhere is that if you hold down the small buttons on the top upper right and left top (FN button) of the controller and also the right hand "photo video button" on the end of the controller on the right side you can link to the drone (but you still must hold down the battery power button for at least four seconds after doing this) . I also tried this many times and it did not work although it looked like it was "trying". By now you know that the flashing white lights on the back of the drone signal that the link is not working. Sometimes they will slowly flash green but that only means that GPS is being received by the drone and not that the link to the controller is working. Also note that the manual says you should have the controller and drone within one meter of each other in order to link. Seems like DJI must be aware of this problem and hopefully will have a firmware fix in a week or so but maybe I'm dreaming. If they don't they are doing to get a ton of returns like mine. I also wonder if the ADS-B software that only USA drones have is causing this problem and also I live within a few miles of a major airport and I wonder if that is causing this problem since I'm not allowed to fly here at home without special permission and I noted that it did ask for some permission code which I don't yet have in one of the menus on the DJI Fly App on the cell phone. I'm under so called Class B airspace where you must be in contact with air traffic control to fly here although I am allowed to fly at a max altitude of 300 feet with permission. I doubt that these two issues are the problem but could be.

Reactions: CountryGuy
I know you wanted to give all the info, but ( and I mean this in the nicest possible way) your post is just way too much in one paragraph to read!

Just got my Mavic Air 2 a couple of days ago. I can't get the controller to link with the drone after hours of trying! Seems to be a common problem right out of the box judging from all of you with the same problem! I tried everything mentioned on this forum to no avail! I tried my Google Pixel 4 XL cell phone and my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Some of the best comments were the note about the Type C USB plug on the controller - the right plug is active and you can see that with a flashlight - the other plug is empty and is just used for anchoring the other end of the USB cable for storage! That should be noted in user's manual and of course is very important. Somewhere in the documentation it says to stay away from electromagnetic interference such as cell phone towers and WiFi sources (such as routers) because WiFi frequency bands (the 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands) are used by this drone. It also said somewhere to shut off the WiFi on your cell phone when you use this drone! I did move the drone away from the WiFi router in my house to get away from interference while I tried to link but that didn't help. Sounds like good advice but of course none of these turned out to solve this problem. One gent just returned his Mavik Air 2 which I will do in a couple of weeks if this problem isn't solved using a firmware update. I'm glad I bought from Amazon because it has a no questions asked 30 day return policy. Of course I updated the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 for both the controller and drone and did it numerous times! At first the download to the drone ended on my PC with the warning that there was something wrong with the "connection" at about the 98% point but then did finish the download after I waited a bit. I tried again from scratch numerous times and it eventually stopped saying there was something wrong with the drone memory/connection. One other thing I tried I read somewhere is that if you hold down the small buttons on the top upper right and left top (FN button) of the controller and also the right hand "photo video button" on the end of the controller on the right side you can link to the drone (but you still must hold down the battery power button for at least four seconds after doing this) . I also tried this many times and it did not work although it looked like it was "trying". By now you know that the flashing white lights on the back of the drone signal that the link is not working. Sometimes they will slowly flash green but that only means that GPS is being received by the drone and not that the link to the controller is working. Also note that the manual says you should have the controller and drone within one meter of each other in order to link. Seems like DJI must be aware of this problem and hopefully will have a firmware fix in a week or so but maybe I'm dreaming. If they don't they are doing to get a ton of returns like mine. I also wonder if the ADS-B software that only USA drones have is causing this problem and also I live within a few miles of a major airport and I wonder if that is causing this problem since I'm not allowed to fly here at home without special permission and I noted that it did ask for some permission code which I don't yet have in one of the menus on the DJI Fly App on the cell phone. I'm under so called Class B airspace where you must be in contact with air traffic control to fly here although I am allowed to fly at a max altitude of 300 feet with permission. I doubt that these two issues are the problem but could be.
I feel your frustration I had the same issue and had to send mine back in the end after trying just about everything to get them to pair
No phone would work with it either and I tried 4 handsets in the end
That guy on dji chat was pretty unhelpful stating things like 'is the controller switched on "
The second person on the chat much better and said I needed to return it as its a known issue and sent me the attached
I know you wanted to give all the info, but ( and I mean this in the nicest possible way) your post is just way too much in one paragraph to read!
Something like.... It wouldn't connect no matter what.. Sent it back... Will update when newnonebarrives

I had used the Ipad and and Android devices and it always keep indicating "RC not connected to mo..." when I tried the DJY Fly App to connect to the Aircraft under the control section it says it failed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich