DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 + Dji app

Nele

Reactions
hi, I'm new to using a mavic air 2 with the dji fly app. And now to my problem.
Everything worked until I would test the range of how far I can fly with it. It says in the manual up to 6000 meters but I always get between 500 - 1000 meters and then the RC signal with drones disappears and starts activating RTH. I have tried in different places and open fields but the results will be the same. Have watched many youtube clips and read on various forums, some say change channel mode intransmission from auto my problem is that it is not possible to change auto mode for what you do so it is locked in the app. Does anyone know how to change it? Some even have a custom button in the app. Is there a solution to my problem? Also read on a forum page that not only I who have problems with the range from 500 - 750 meters but they did not get a good answer to it but return it to the store.

Is there any solution to the problem or just return it?

Where did you get your MA2 from is it a CE or FCC model ?

If it's a FCC model you won't be able to change the frequency from 5.8ghz to 2.4ghz, as it only has 5.8ghz and you will only see the channels related to 5.8ghz, namely 149 - 165

If you have a CE model , are you able to change the frequency when you tap on the "5.8ghz" in the transmission menu ?
You should be seeing 1-13 channels

Do you have a "manual" button and does this work ?

Do you see a spread of channels like this or do you only see channels 149-165 ?

View attachment 109027

Last edited:
Hi, im in sweden and its CE model

Edit. Here is picture

Last edited:
Hi, im in sweden and its CE model

Do you see the channels 1-13 (the 2.4ghz channels) and 149-165 (the 5.8ghz channels)

Can you tap "auto" to toggle it to manual , then are you able just to press on one of channels to select it, just tap the bar
The channel with the white colored border is the selected channel

Last edited:
No, I wish I had bars but only have charts that show but nothing happens. Channel mode exists but only on auto and can not change. Has buttons above Dual, 2.4 and 5.8. can click on them but still does not change channel mode from auto.

Screenshot_20200727-101501.jpg

Reactions: ThreeDog2016
No, I wish I had bars but only have charts that show but nothing happens. Channel mode exists but only on auto and can not change. Has buttons above Dual, 2.4 and 5.8. can click on them but still does not change channel mode from auto.

View attachment 109030

Can you tap on "2.4 ghz" to select that instead of dual band

If you can then tap on "Auto" does that toggle manual mode ?

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Nele, post: 1064418, membro: 131780"]
Non succede nulla quando premo ed è sempre bloccato in modalità automatica
[/CITAZIONE]
It seems very strange, if you click above 2.4 and disappear DUAL-BAND and remain highlighted in white on 2.4, but before you raise it in flight you have to do this operation

nothing happens has tested all the things that can be pressed but auto mode remains, has tried to reset the app but nothing, same thing again

[QUOTE = "Nele, post: 1064418, membro: 131780"]
Non succede nulla quando premo ed è sempre bloccato in modalità automatica
[/CITAZIONE]
It seems very strange, if you click above 2.4 and disappear DUAL-BAND and remain highlighted in white on 2.4, but before you raise it in flight you have to do this operation
have tested it too but still auto mode is left but the white button with 2.4 is highlighted and no bars are just diagrams and they make no difference in range either ... I think it's weird too ... I test again and am open to suggestions . Would love to make it work

If it's a FCC model you won't be able to change the frequency from 5.8ghz to 2.4ghz, as it only has 5.8ghz and you will only see the channels related to 5.8ghz, namely 149 - 165

View attachment 109027
I have an FCC model, and can change from 2.4 to 5.8

I know it's FCC because it also has ADS-B

I have an FCC model, and can change from 2.4 to 5.8

I know it's FCC because it also has ADS-B

Your right, I was getting it confused with the MM, with the MA2 the only real difference between FCC and CE is the ADS-B and the transmission power.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Interesting thread suggest it might be a batch build issue or a firmware issue or a DJI app version issue.

I'd try some of the recommendations e.g. downgrading firmware to the earlier version

If they don't work then return it

• Wow
Interesting thread suggest it might be a batch build issue or a firmware issue or a DJI app version issue.

I'd try some of the recommendations e.g. downgrading firmware to the earlier version

If they don't work then return it
Daaaaaaaang.

I'm running newest DJI app, second newest firmware (one before 1.1.5) but will be trying a range test today, north to south over the beach on the eastern coast of Florida. I refuse to fly East over the Ocean for 4 miles.

I am running a downgrade of firmware for rc and air 2 and will test it today if I have time, is there anywhere you can download older version of dji fly app, now i have 1.1.5?

I am running a downgrade of firmware for rc and air 2 and will test it today if I have time, is there anywhere you can download older version of dji fly app, now i have 1.1.5?

If you have an android device , you'll need to side load it, note you'll only be able to go back to version 1.1.0 which is when support for the MA2 was introduced.

If your using Apple/ IOS you won't be able to.

Last edited:
If you have an android device , you'll need to side load it, note you'll only be able to go back to version 1.1.0 which is when support for the MA2 was introduced.

If your using Apple/ IOS you won't be able to.

thanks, will download all versions and test one by one

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23